v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team would be 

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Chrisene 

Buckley Tronstad

JRC        Szmodics      Dolan

Gallagher 

Couldn’t even bring myself to name a team after what I’ve watched. Only player who is cemented would be Smozdics and even he missed a sitter by his standards, not shooting him down for that. Hopefully manure have took a bit of the stuffing out of them today! 

• Like 1

Telaovic

JRC            Carter              Koumetio    Pickering

Tronstad          Ayari

Markanday            Moran               Dolan

Szmodics

• Like 1

We're at home. we need a result and a drastic improvement after today, they're just coming to terms with a heartbreaking and exhausting 130+ minutes at Wembley and also have a tough game against Hull on Wednesday, just over 48 hours before they come to Ewood.

They've lost 3 of their last 4 in the league.

They're 9 points off the top 6 with 12 points to play for so lose on Wednesday and their league season is over.

If this manager and squad had anything about them they'd be relishing this one to prove people wrong after today.

Sadly we don't operate like that and we will relinquish any advantage we may have. Waggott will be hoping they buy loads of tickets so we can give up home advantage again.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Telaovic

JRC            Carter              Koumetio    Pickering

Tronstad          Ayari

Markanday            Moran               Dolan

Szmodics

Interesting choice of ‘keeper.

Can’t be any worse than the other two.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We're at home. we need a result and a drastic improvement after today, they're just coming to terms with a heartbreaking and exhausting 130+ minutes at Wembley and also have a tough game against Hull on Wednesday, just over 48 hours before they come to Ewood.

They've lost 3 of their last 4 in the league.

They're 9 points off the top 6 with 12 points to play for so lose on Wednesday and their league season is over.

If this manager and squad had anything about them they'd be relishing this one to prove people wrong after today.

Sadly we don't operate like that and we will relinquish any advantage we may have. Waggott will be hoping they buy loads of tickets so we can give up home advantage again.

Looking on their website we’ve given them an initial allocation of 4,339.

23 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Interesting choice of ‘keeper.

Can’t be any worse than the other two.

It’s better than mine, as I was suggesting a bag of cement in goal.

• K-Hod pinned this topic

One of two things happens here: 

10% chance: We get battered and grind out a point or three

90% chance: Cov barely turn up, we also don't turn up, we gift them 2 or 3 goals without them having to bother.

Michalski

Carter   O’Riordon    McFazdean   Pickering

JRC         Tronstad

Dolan               Szmodics (c)          Gilsenan 

Big Billy

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The only player that would be in my team is Szmodics. 

The rest of those soft cunts can all fuck off.

Just get a bunch of young lads from the stands to fill out the rest of the team. At least they might play with some passion. 

bit unfair on scott wharton, carter and pickering,they always give 100%,the rest of them can **** off go to footballing hell  for all i care

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Hopefully the game today knocks the stuffing and any belief out of them!

Yeah I’m sure they'll be coming off Wembley no longer believing they can win at Ewood.

Impossible to pick a team bar Szmodics.

Cant chuck a kid in net, cant play Pears, so left with the inept Wahlstedt.

Captain marvel has shown he hasnt got the right character. Mind you, Carter was awful today and made 2 big errors, Wharton got a bad injury, Wright and Simms will have a field day behind McFadzean who is too old and Koumetio is unused because he is a bombscare. Pickering is never a wing back, in a back 4 he is much more comfortable. Chrisene isnt the answer.

Both JRC and Tronstad have enough credit accrued both both were awful today. The former had clear set instructions under JDT and thrived, now he seems lost. Brittain has the heart the size of a pea. But whether you want to move JRC to RB or just give the midfield another body, again, little alternative. At a push Ayari, Buckley was awful when he came on.

Play any attackers and theyll be up against it under this manager who clearly doesnt factor in attacking in his game plan. Our ventures forward involve a centre back aimlessly punting it in the channel leading to an impossible chase. Dolan and Gallagher both offered nothing today but any alternatives especially the dross we have wont do anything in attack under him.

As long as Pears isn't in the squad and Szmodics starts, the rest are all interchangeably poor.

In fact, no, Markanday and Ayari both looked like they had a bit of fight in them, when they came on - start them.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

-----------Like choosing which leg you want cutting off

Brittain----Carter----Hyam----Pickering

----------------JRC----Tronstad

Dolan-----------Szmodics-------Chrisene

---------------------Gallagher 

Difficult to choose these days as the squad just let you down week after week.

Szmodics aside, we must have one of the poorest attacking group of players in the league.

Fuck knows

I think we'll succumb to a tight defeat, probably 0-1 and then get absolutely rinsed by Leicester on the final day to send us down.

Just now, Andy said:

As long as Pears isn't in the squad and Szmodics starts, the rest are all interchangeably poor.

In fact, no, Markanday and Ayari both looked like they had a bit of fight in them, when they came on - start them.

I like Ayari looks like he has a bit about him. As for Markanday he seems to have been made the scapegoat by the manager for Bristol City as the other 10 starters in that game have started the two since it. And that is a big problem with the manager he doesn't seem to want to make any big decisions and drop some of the more senior players. Instead keeps faith in the likes of Hyam, Brittain, Gallagher, Dolan and far too often they fail to deliver.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I like Ayari looks like he has a bit about him. As for Markanday he seems to have been made the scapegoat by the manager for Bristol City as the other 10 starters in that game have started the two since it. And that is a big problem with the manager he doesn't seem to want to make any big decisions and drop some of the more senior players. Instead keeps faith in the likes of Hyam, Brittain, Gallagher, Dolan and far too often they fail to deliver.

it appears he won`t dare upset the senior players and make a decision,ffs he is`nt going to discard them next season is he,we`ll be stuck with the same group😥

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Agreed - and I think Ayari has been unlucky not to start more games.
Seems to have a mix of graft and technical ability; pretty much what we expect from JRC.

Feels like JE wants to be the players' friend, rather than their boss.
And anyone who has managed people at any level knows that doing that is a surefire way to fail.

• Like 7