BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

Just noticed this is £15 a ticket. If Coventry beat Hull and still have a chance of playoffs they will pack that full Darwen End and hospitality out.

Waggot be like…

IMG_0031.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Just noticed this is £15 a ticket. If Coventry beat Hull and still have a chance of playoffs they will pack that full Darwen End and hospitality out.

Waggot be like…

IMG_0031.jpeg

Saw somewhere they've already sold 4,000 tickets which is bad news for Rovers as Mark Robins (he's that kind of guy who wont want to let their fans down) will ensure his side are 'at it' irrespective of whether they have a play-off chance or not.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Saw somewhere they've already sold 4,000 tickets which is bad news for Rovers as Mark Robins (he's that kind of guy who wont want to let their fans down) will ensure his side are 'at it' irrespective of whether they have a play-off chance or not.

Hopefully after the deflating Wembley experience and another game on Wednesday night we will just be a game too far for them.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Has Waggot filled the upper first ?

If not, why not ?

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

People are quite rightly annoyed, as he was certainly involved in one error, arguably two that proved critical on the day and could prove even more critical come the end of the season.

Personal insults obviously cross a line, but Jesus, he knows observations on his performance come with the territory.

It's not even arguable - he cost us two goals on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

They’re not the only ones who will be at it. Leeds winning last night has intensified the race at the top meaning Leicester will have it all to play for in the last game.

I’m increasingly gloomy, I can’t see us getting another point.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

I know how he felt. However he, like several of our lot, has no right to be too critical bearing in mind how many times he has lost possession, missed tackles and wasted attacking positions, this season. Pears' errors were atrocious, but the lack of quality, focus and fight goes well beyond the goalkeeper in this team.

Yes Pears has rescued both him and Hyam a time or three this season from their constant presenting the ball to the opposition.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

With you 100% there. Its the feeling of hopelessness, and betrayal.

Over the last 12 months or so I've felt not frustration, hope, optimism for the club, but feelings ranging from dislike to outright hatred. I'm ashamed to even be associated with it.

It's tough. I certainly have had to do a lot of soul-searching and will again this summer, it certainly isn't normal peaks and troughs of supporting a football club, it certainly isn't enjoyable or healthy. But I'm not one who can just switch off my emotional investment in the club and walk away (yet). So I'm in this limbo zone which I suspect many others are where I keep going, keep coming on here, keep thinking about it, but just feel numbness and disgust and weary resignation.

Its almost like a state of civil war. There's an enemy within that needs defeating and destroying before we can even begin to think about anything else, and peaceful coexistence with that enemy is no longer an option in my book.

Sums up my feelings from when Big Sam was sacked and Kean was recruited. It was obvious what was about to unfold.

I've been in footballing limbo ever since those events and that was the last time my family and i had a season ticket. 

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

I know how he felt. However he, like several of our lot, has no right to be too critical bearing in mind how many times he has lost possession, missed tackles and wasted attacking positions, this season. Pears' errors were atrocious, but the lack of quality, focus and fight goes well beyond the goalkeeper in this team.

Every Picture Tells A Story, Don't It.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

They’re not the only ones who will be at it. Leeds winning last night has intensified the race at the top meaning Leicester will have it all to play for in the last game.

I’m increasingly gloomy, I can’t see us getting another point.

I expect Leicester and Coventry to win their home midweek games.

Coventry will come to Ewood still in the playoffs mix and Leicester could be putting the icing on a title win at home.

I too expect no further points, hope 49 are enough and trust in the inadequacy of others.

Not pessimistic, just realistic.

If I'm wrong I can be 😊 

Edit: the Leeds of last night would have torn us a new one.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I expect Leicester and Coventry to win their home midweek games.

Coventry will come to Ewood still in the playoffs mix and Leicester could be putting the icing on a title win at home.

I too expect no further points, hope 49 are enough and trust in the inadequacy of others.

Not pessimistic, just realistic.

If I'm wrong I can be 😊 

Edit: the Leeds of last night would have torn us a new one.

They probably would have done , but thankfully we didn't play like Boro did we?

• Like 2

A draw on Saturday alongside WBA beating Wednesday would be enough to guarantee safety, as Wednesday and one of Hudds/Brum wouldn't surpass us on 50 points.

Likewise if we draw and Huddersfield win, we're also safe, regardless of Wednesday result as neither Huddersfield or Birmingham would surpass us on 50 points

Finally, a victory would also confirm safety, providing any of Wednesday and Birmingham fail to win, or Plymouth lose

So essentially if we can pick up 1 point, it'll be enough if EITHER Sheffield Wednesday OR Birmingham lose (both are underdogs).

The statistical chance of any of the above permutations happening is around 43% i.e. it's about 11/8 in betting terms that Rovers will be safe going into the Leicester match. Not sure if that eases anybody at all, but it's odds on that we'll be going to Leicester biting our nails.

Edited by superniko

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

No, they’ve been given the whole of the lower tier.

Because he’s a twat. 

A brainless one seeing as Coventry are likely to be pushing a result or at least just celebrating another good season and having a party in their last away fixture.

Roll up roll up to the Ewood red carpet Sky Blues, if you're lucky you might get gifted a goal or two as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superniko said:

A draw on Saturday alongside WBA beating Wednesday would be enough to guarantee safety, as Wednesday and one of Hudds/Brum wouldn't surpass us on 50 points.

Likewise if we draw and Huddersfield win, we're also safe, regardless of Wednesday result as neither Huddersfield or Birmingham would surpass us on 50 points

Finally, a victory would also confirm safety, providing any of Wednesday and Birmingham fail to win, or Plymouth lose

So essentially if we can pick up 1 point, it'll be enough if EITHER Sheffield Wednesday OR Birmingham lose (both are underdogs).

The statistical chance of any of the above permutations happening is around 43% i.e. it's about 11/8 in betting terms that Rovers will be safe going into the Leicester match. Not sure if that eases anybody at all, but it's odds on that we'll be going to Leicester biting our nails.

Thanks to the momentum we handed to Wednesday on Sunday, the greatest escape looks very much on. As such, playing at home, I make them strong favourites against a decent Albion team, but one already secure in their play off berth. Hope I am wrong and now they have something to lose, hope Wednesday now start feeling the pressure.

19 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

It’s a metaphor. Of course only those interested will have seen it but what happened to fair minded Rovers fans giving the guy some support. He’ll be playing in the last two games so giving him both barrels isn’t going to help. We move on from the Wednesday fiasco. 

Agreed mate. Lets move on, another fiasco is just round the corner.

I have been forecasting Rovers to be relegated ever since JDT lost interest. The only consolation for the rest of you is that Rovers very rarely do as I predict.

I think Coventry are one of our bogey sides at Ewood.

Also I thought a few of us wanted Rovers to go down in order to get rid of the owners.

This should be in the pessimism thread.

On 21/04/2024 at 19:33, Tony Rover said:

Couldn’t even bring myself to name a team after what I’ve watched. Only player who is cemented would be Smozdics and even he missed a sitter by his standards, not shooting him down for that. Hopefully manure have took a bit of the stuffing out of them today! 

I would put Pears up front for Coventry, it would guarantee another home defeat for Rovers.

10 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not even arguable - he cost us two goals on Sunday.

I watched the first goal back and paused it just as Pears headed it, have a look.

If he doesn’t come out, their player is clear down the left channel with all the defence gone missing. He made exactly the right choice, it's Hyam who cocks up by not clearing his lines.