BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

Let’s see…Rovers at home & home finale; Rovers playing for safety & pride. Coventry have essentially no motive to win- except pride. 

I’m making no predictions on this one. Except, Sammie will score, & he gets a first-class send off by the Ewood faithful.
Sadly, any Rovers player who shows ability & fire gets sold off. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Let’s see…Rovers at home & home finale; Rovers playing for safety & pride. Coventry have essentially no motive to win- except pride. 

I’m making no predictions on this one. Except, Sammie will score, & he gets a first-class send off by the Ewood faithful.
Sadly, any Rovers player who shows ability & fire gets sold off. 

Coventry can still make the play-offs, so they do have something to play for, but they may be tired. 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'd limit every team to 4,500 spilt over the two tiers and empty some brain cells finding a way to charge them as much as possible in the process.

That could be worth 6 points a season - to cover for the 6 Pears throws away.

Or y'know just don't play Pears.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pick32 said:

3-0 Coventry will be drained and wouldn’t be surprised if they made 5/6 changes, our lads should be up for it a lot more. Hopefully Leicester do the business this weekend and have nothing left either, 1 point will do it 

I have been hearing these comments for months, yet we still haven't won at home since Stoke (seems light years away). If these slackers don't want to play league 1 football next season, they had better stay focused and give it 100%.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I'll be honest I can't remember what they did last year?? What was it?

When their GK blatantly handled the ball into our net in injury time, ultimately costing us a play off place.

The same reason why I was laughing my arse off when their extra time goal against Man U was wiped off.

Coventry can fuck right off.
And their fans are weird.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 5

Tough ask but could really do with Hull beating Ipswich this weekend to keep pressure on baggies and especially Norwich. You know what there manager did whist in charge of Huddersfield in our relegation to league 1 season. They play big club on the last day.

Edited by Lucimo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

Sad news re Scott Wharton…a bad knee injury ( ACL plus other issues ) a long term recovery. I wish him all the best. He often thinks he’s Bobby Moore ..but he’s an honest lad who plays for the shirt…he will be missed . 

Would have been a very good player for L1 as it plays to his aerial strength. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Would have been a very good player for L1 as it plays to his aerial strength. 

Yeh we are going to need him next season. Oh well. He will return in time for us to stave off relegation from L1

3 hours ago, Andy said:

When their GK blatantly handled the ball into our net in injury time, ultimately costing us a play off place.

The same reason why I was laughing my arse off when their extra time goal against Man U was wiped off.

Coventry can fuck right off.
And their fans are weird.

Stumbled across something on social media today in regards to their fans and actually started by a North Ender.

Fair to say their fanbase were getting pelters from various other clubs fans for running around giving it large about their crowds etc.  

They are a deluded bunch over the last couple of years for sure it seems instead of enjoying it after all the tough years they'd rather make empty boasts about being the best fans in the land when actually for a one club city of 400,000 their support numbers wise is poor and always has been.

9 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

Sad news re Scott Wharton…a bad knee injury ( ACL plus other issues ) a long term recovery. I wish him all the best. He often thinks he’s Bobby Moore ..but he’s an honest lad who plays for the shirt…he will be missed . 

Really is sad news. Looked bad when he went down. Hopefully he can come back from it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Stumbled across something on social media today in regards to their fans and actually started by a North Ender.

Fair to say their fanbase were getting pelters from various other clubs fans for running around giving it large about their crowds etc.  

They are a deluded bunch over the last couple of years for sure it seems instead of enjoying it after all the tough years they'd rather make empty boasts about being the best fans in the land when actually for a one club city of 400,000 their support numbers wise is poor and always has been.

Another club that gets very lucky due to geography. Only takes a bit of ‘success’ and crowds can double.

Alas, cannot and will not happen here for many reasons

• Like 1

I said I wasn’t going after last Sunday but I am a glutton for punishment. As a bonus it gives me an opportunity to launch my season ticket on the pitch in disgust at the end.

Confident of another loss and those below winning. Then we have to beat Leicester on the final day.

14 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

Yes and he wont leave if we are getting relegated. Will be a step up for the former Crewe lad next season.

35 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I said I wasn’t going after last Sunday but I am a glutton for punishment. As a bonus it gives me an opportunity to launch my season ticket on the pitch in disgust at the end.

Confident of another loss and those below winning. Then we have to beat Leicester on the final day.

Doesn't that only make a statement when there's still games to play?

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-predicted-team-blackburn-29064082

An article which contains Coventry's predicated team. Having seen some headlines about them having to play Academy players Eustace and his players should not fall into the complacency trap. That predicted team is a good one with the likes of O'Hare, Ellis and Wright included. Tomorrow is going to be extremely tough and if we don't match their intensity and desire we won't get anything from the game. Anything resembling the lacklustre second half last Sunday and relegation beckons. And Eustace has to earn his corn by picking the right team and tactics.

• Like 1

LT today:

"John Eustace believes Coventry City have been a leading example for clubs like Blackburn Rovers of how to build success sustainably"

Will someone PLEASE tell him to shut his clueless mouth!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2