BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

I watched the first goal back and paused it just as Pears headed it, have a look.

If he doesn’t come out, their player is clear down the left channel with all the defence gone missing. He made exactly the right choice, it's Hyam who cocks up by not clearing his lines.

The right choice would have been Pears heading it out of touch and not playing a header to a player facing him and at an awkward height.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I have been forecasting Rovers to be relegated ever since JDT lost interest. The only consolation for the rest of you is that Rovers very rarely do as I predict.

I think Coventry are one of our bogey sides at Ewood.

Also I thought a few of us wanted Rovers to go down in order to get rid of the owners.

This should be in the pessimism thread.

The last three seasons have all been draws.

I think we get at least a point out of Coventry, This is based on: 

- They must be knackered. A cup semi defeat in such a manner, after extra time, and a midweek game? They'll be done physically and mentally. 

- Rovers pull out surprising wins when you least expect it, like the Leeds game. We have it in us, and our form has been... okay the last few weeks. (As in not as crummy as it was previously.) Wins against Sunderland and Leeds, a good point vs Southampton, it's not beyond us to put in an ok performance. 

Personally I think it's a draw and we limp over the finish line. One extra point should be more than enough, and it'll be hailed as an achievement by all involved. All the while the visitors show us what can happen when you get rid of the vermin infesting your club... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

- They must be knackered. A cup semi defeat in such a manner, after extra time, and a midweek game? They'll be done physically and mentally. 

- Rovers pull out surprising wins when you least expect it, like the Leeds game. We have it in us, and our form has been... okay the last few weeks. (As in not as crummy as it was previously.) Wins against Sunderland and Leeds, a good point vs Southampton, it's not beyond us to put in an ok performance. 

Personally I think it's a draw and we limp over the finish line. One extra point should be more than enough, and it'll be hailed as an achievement by all involved. All the while the visitors show us what can happen when you get rid of the vermin infesting your club... 

They should put that on the season ticket blurb.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I expect Leicester and Coventry to win their home midweek games.

Coventry will come to Ewood still in the playoffs mix and Leicester could be putting the icing on a title win at home.

I too expect no further points, hope 49 are enough and trust in the inadequacy of others.

Not pessimistic, just realistic.

If I'm wrong I can be 😊 

Edit: the Leeds of last night would have torn us a new one.

Optimism sees the light at the end of the tunnel; pessimism feels the darkness all around; realism sees the train lights, coming right at you! 😬

I’m afraid we are in the realistic state of affairs with our club. I see no more points being won by this bunch of Rovers. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The right choice would have been Pears heading it out of touch and not playing a header to a player facing him and at an awkward height.

It's just a lack of awareness from Hyam. Should have been safety first knowing his keeper was out.

Having said that, the finish was outstanding.

Edited by M_B
  • Like 2

Trying to predict the outcome of games in the championship is like herding cats.

I’ve been watching football for the best part of 60 years and yet I have absolutely no idea how we or any of our rivals will do in these last two games. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Trying to predict the outcome of games in the championship is like herding cats.

I’ve been watching football for the best part of 60 years and yet I have absolutely no idea how we or any of our rivals will do in these last two games. 

Yep, no way to tell. 

I had a certain degree of confidence in Hyam & Brittain earlier this season; I hope each player recovers some of that confidence the last two games. 

How crazy this season has been; watch us lose big vs Coventry, & then get a point at Leicester. foxes won big today, they practically have promotion nailed down. 

• Like 1

The intensity has gone out of our game under Eustace so I don't think that the amount of games Coventry have played will be any advantage to us. We aren't a pacy team by any stretch of the imagination but under Tomasson the intensity made up for some of this. We really look like plodders and as such easy to play against.

• Like 5

Still can't believe how many no fucks given and not a care in the world attitudes before last night's undeserved awards  

Should be a no distraction week and fully focused on the cov game , not blowing smoke up there fragile egos when a huge important game coming up.

If there are awards do it when it's over ffs.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The intensity has gone out of our game under Eustace so I don't think that the amount of games Coventry have played will be any advantage to us. We aren't a pacy team by any stretch of the imagination but under Tomasson the intensity made up for some of this. We really look like plodders and as such easy to play against.

That what was so noticeable on Sunday. The Wednesday front four and midfield closed and harassed from the first whistle. By the time they were tiring, they were 3-1 up so could then sit back and rotate some of the players. We haven’t hunted in packs like that for a long while.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Still can't believe how many no fucks given and not a care in the world attitudes before last night's undeserved awards  

Should be a no distraction week and fully focused on the cov game , not blowing smoke up there fragile egos when a huge important game coming up.

Be too busy sorting another club for next season or enjoying a nice holiday then.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

I agree and with some of the back slapping last night, you would have thought we had won the league.

I noticed Pasha did a good job of blending into the background too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lraC said:

I agree and with some of the back slapping last night, you would have thought we had won the league.

I noticed Pasha did a good job of blending into the background too.

He needs to be a target. Get him scared and out of our club.

• Like 5

Just now, Moptop1 said:

He needs to be a target. Get him scared and out of our club.

It's been tried, with no joy so far.

He looked entrenched to me last night, but just stood back observing and did not get involved.

As we already know, he is running it and Waggott is just a stooge.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, M_B said:

It's just a lack of awareness from Hyam. Should have been safety first knowing his keeper was out.

Having said that, the finish was outstanding.

It really was a great finish. Perfectly hit.

Hyam is clumsy, he tried to control the ball, big mistake, but put in that predicament by Pears thinking he can do a controlled headed pass, what, 30 or more yards from goal. He was close to the touchline he should have just headed it out of play.

Both made fatal errors, meanwhile Wharton was ambling back like a beached walrus to provide cover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

If Coventry play like they did on Sunday in the second half we’ll get nothing. If they play like they did in the first half we’ve got a small chance of getting a result.

Hide in the shadows and give the impression it's nothing to do with you when it's exactly the opposite.

This guy is the 'Operations Manager' that is on the official site so what is he operating. the whole club ?

Time for answers is long overdue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Exactly the same comments before the Sheffield Wednesday game, easy easy 3pts and look what happened, with Coventry and Leicester to come, were in real danger of taking the drop into league 1.

Then more questions need to be asked about him. Ask his job remit and put pressure on him as to why he isn’t completing it, to a required standard.

Send him emails asking why he isnt doing anything?

Corner him at the ground. Pressure needs to be pushed on him.

Edited by Moptop1

We must have the worst home record in the country this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if the worst record in Europe. Every team below us have taken points at Ewood apart from Stoke (the last time I saw rovers win on home soil). I will be going to the last home game with not much hope in my heart. We will have to  come up with something pretty special to beat Coventry.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We must have the worst home record in the country this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if the worst record in Europe. Every team below us have taken points at Ewood apart from Stoke (the last time I saw rovers win on home soil). I will be going to the last home game with not much hope in my heart. We will have to  come up with something pretty special to beat Coventry.

Not sure about other teams but we've won a paltry 6 home games this season:

V WBA (2-1)

V Boro (2-1)

V Cardiff (1-0)

V Brum (4-2)

V Bristol (2-1)

V Stoke (3-1)

10 Losses to Hull, Sunderland, Leicester, Swansea, PNE, Leeds, Watford, QPR, ipswich and Sheff Wed.

6 Draws against: Rotherham, Hudds, Norwich, Millwall, Plymouth and Southampton.

It's all a bit horrific tbh.

Edit: looks like we have the 2nd worst home record in the championship (joint with, QPR and Watford (24 points)), Rotherham with the worst (20 points)

Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich (no surprise) have more home points than we have points (53, 52, 51) Southampton, Norwich and West Brom aren't far off either (48, 48 & 46)

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

Coventry announced that they've sold 4,200 for Saturday but have been told they won't be getting a further allocation.

A rare case of Rovers realising how daft they'd look if Coventry sold 6000+ and we got beat again?

Or perhaps with cheaper tickets on offer and in view of the timings with only a couple of days to go they've worked out that it isn't worth the hassle of opening the extra areas, staffing them and getting extra stewards on?

• Like 1