17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure about other teams but we've won a paltry 6 home games this season:

V WBA (2-1)

V Boro (2-1)

V Cardiff (1-0)

V Brum (4-2)

V Bristol (2-1)

V Stoke (3-1)

10 Losses to Hull, Sunderland, Leicester, Swansea, PNE, Leeds, Watford, QPR, ipswich and Sheff Wed.

6 Draws against: Rotherham, Hudds, Norwich, Millwall, Plymouth and Southampton.

It's all a bit horrific tbh.

Edit: looks like we have the 2nd worst home record in the championship (joint with, QPR and Watford (24 points)), Rotherham with the worst (20 points)

Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich (no surprise) have more home points than we have points (53, 52, 51) Southampton, Norwich and West Brom aren't far off either (48, 48 & 46)

Good analysis and the numbers really do tell their own story. Out of a possible 66 points thus far we have garnered only 24 points. And to think Ewood used to hold some fear for visiting teams.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Good analysis and the numbers really do tell their own story. Out of a possible 66 points thus far we have garnered only 24 points. And to think Ewood used to hold some fear for visiting teams.

Lets hope its 27 by Saturday night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Exactly the same comments before the Sheffield Wednesday game, easy easy 3pts and look what happened, with Coventry and Leicester to come, were in real danger of taking the drop into league 1.

First off I've not said it will be easy. In fact, I've not even said it will be 3 points! So I'm not sure where these overconfident vibes are coming from. 

It's a fact that Coventry will have played more football in the run up to this game,  including extra time and a midweek game. It is likely the loss to manure will psychologically have been a blow to them. And it's a fact that we have been less awful the last few weeks, with 2 wins and a creditable draw amongst some horrendous losses. 

As for going down it's unlikely imo. It relies on 3 of 4 poor teams all picking up points.  Brum have to beat Hudds and couldn't even beat Rotherham. Sheff Weds have been inconsistent. Plymouth don't win many and Huddersfield have been poor of late. I can't see them all overtaking us (only Sheffield of the 4 I think will finish above us.) It's possible but unlikely imo. 

The latter definitely as at cheap tickets they'll not want to go to any extra expense of stewards and police etc.

If it was full price they'd be given as many as they wanted.

• Like 1

Going to probably be my last game at Ewood for a while, looking at changing jobs and will be working weekends, the way we are playing dont think ill miss the stressful afternoons lol

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If you struggle to get to night games you've seen one win at Ewood in six months. Pathetic.

The season ticket 'campaign' will be a laugh.

I missed the stoke game , wife was at St barts  . Last win I saw was Dec 12th

We have 24 points at home this season. The same as QPR and (surprisingly) Watford. Only Rotherham (20 pts) are worse in our league.

Worst in the football league is Carlisle with 15 points (just 3 wins).

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

First off I've not said it will be easy. In fact, I've not even said it will be 3 points! So I'm not sure where these overconfident vibes are coming from. 

It's a fact that Coventry will have played more football in the run up to this game,  including extra time and a midweek game. It is likely the loss to manure will psychologically have been a blow to them. And it's a fact that we have been less awful the last few weeks, with 2 wins and a creditable draw amongst some horrendous losses. 

As for going down it's unlikely imo. It relies on 3 of 4 poor teams all picking up points.  Brum have to beat Hudds and couldn't even beat Rotherham. Sheff Weds have been inconsistent. Plymouth don't win many and Huddersfield have been poor of late. I can't see them all overtaking us (only Sheffield of the 4 I think will finish above us.) It's possible but unlikely imo. 

I read a few comments before the Sheffield Wednesday game, we should win it etc, over confident to say we haven't won at home since the Stoke game, and what makes you think I was commenting about you.

5 hours ago, rigger said:
3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

I missed the stoke game , wife was at St barts  . Last win I saw was Dec 12th

The Stoke game was a 3-1 win to Rovers, last time I had a smile on my face at Ewood.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

9 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I read a few comments before the Sheffield Wednesday game, we should win it etc, over confident to say we haven't won at home since the Stoke game, and what makes you think I was commenting about you.

The fact you quoted my post!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

The latter definitely as at cheap tickets they'll not want to go to any extra expense of stewards and police etc.

If it was full price they'd be given as many as they wanted.

A few Rovers supporters said it was a big mistake giving Sheffield Wednesday 7,000 tickets. I haven't heard the Blackburn End so quite in a long time, They were outsung till the refs whistle. Maybe if the brains upstairs had made last Sundays game £10 a ticket, we might have outsung them, and got something out the game.

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Cheer up, with the lack of investment by the owners into the stadium, I predict people will be terrified coming to Ewood Park in another few years,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

A few Rovers supporters said it was a big mistake giving Sheffield Wednesday 7,000 tickets. I haven't heard the Blackburn End so quite in a long time, They were outsung till the refs whistle. Maybe if the brains upstairs had made last Sundays game £10 a ticket, we might have outsung them, and got something out the game.

That's the argument against Waggot though maximising the guaranteed cash grab before trying to maximise as much home advantage as possible. Neither end was very vocal until they went 3-1 up then it was loud understandably whilst the rest were in stunned silence at the shit they were witnessing.

If he thought for 1 min Coventry would guarantee 6 or 7k at full price then full price it would be.

• Like 1

Hull 1 up. Hull could have a significant part to play in keeping us up.

They win tonight and Coventry are out if it. They win on Saturday against Ipswich and it would mean Leiceter will almost certainly be promoted by the time we play them. Going into the final day, Norwich would need a result against Birmingham to secure a place in the play offs whilst Hull would be desperate to beat Plymouth to have a chance of getting into the play offs.

Come on Hull basically! I have more faith in Hull doing their bit to keep us up than I do in our players.

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 7