BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

9 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

We can’t change the team drastically for the remaining matches purely because the squad isn’t strong enough. Amongst the defeats we have had some decent performances for example against Southampton and Leeds. 

The main concern has to be who else can score goals apart from Szmodics? Where on earth have Gallagher’s goals gone? Dolan spends most of the time doing his tricks out on the wing instead of in the box where it hurts. 

We, the fans, can’t give up now and just have to hope the players don’t either

I don’t want to appear to be picking on Gally, nobody is+playing well at the moment, but as you say “ where have the goals gone  ? “ He doesn’t even look like scoring a goal.  Even Hedges and Siggy were a better bet for a goal.

I think we'll be nervy but I don't see us losing this one, but I don't have any confidence in us winning either.

Going for a 1-1 draw.

Brum to draw with Hudds, Plymouth to lose to Milwall & Sheff Wed to lose to WBA

That would leave us safe going into the last day barring a ridiculous goal swing.

A miserable end to the season seeing us staying up after being 7th in December thanks to the sides below us being even worse than us.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Con-Don Hyam should be dropped for this game along with Pears, Gallagher, Pickering & Brittain.

These jokers and so called “senior” players are not fit to wear the shirt. 

Michalski

JRC Carter Wharton Chrisene

Ayari    Tronstad

Dolan      Szmodics    Gilsenan

Tyjon

Give the young lads a chance to shine and players who at very least put a shift in, not the 1 in 4 that we’ve seen all season. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think we'll be nervy but I don't see us losing this one, but I don't have any confidence in us winning either.

Going for a 1-1 draw.

Brum to draw with Hudds, Plymouth to lose to Milwall & Sheff Wed to lose to WBA

That would leave us safe going into the last day barring a ridiculous goal swing.

A miserable end to the season seeing us staying up after being 7th in December thanks to the sides below us being even worse than us.

Being pessimistic, WBA could be all but assured of a play off spot by then and Millwall also have nothing to play for. Hopefully West Brom really want 5th! Birmingham playing a Norwich team last who could be sure of their play off spot is also a concern, especially given their manager's track record. 

Reading the above and looking at fixtures, I think we're sort of cheering on Hull for the rest of the season (as our useless lot can't be relied on getting another point).

Hull play Coventry next, beating them would wipe Cov out of playoffs and maybe mean they're less interested against us.

Hull play Plymouth last, we want them motivated to beat them away from home.

Hull are chasing a spot from either West Brom or Norwich who play Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham respectively, we want them still needing wins for a playoff spot.

So this weekend, outside of the obvious, it would also be nice if Swansea beat Norwich (to keep Norwich interested vs Birmingham) and Hull beat Ipswich (to keep Hull interested vs Plymouth)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

For the first time in 30 years of watching Rovers with my 76 year old Dad, he's suggested not going on Saturday and just going for a walk instead and turning his phone off, it's that bad. He's usually pretty pragmatic and optimistic even at the worst time, always siding with the players, but I think that second half finally did for him. After the match we both just stared into space over our pints. 

Not felt this low for a very long time, it's a different kind of feeling - think it's the lack of hope or trust in anyone at the club from players to board level, feels like a truly lost cause. 

A heartbreaking post, and I'm sure it is the way many of us are feeling right now mate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Con-Don Hyam should be dropped for this game along with Pears, Gallagher, Pickering & Brittain.

These jokers and so called “senior” players are not fit to wear the shirt. 

Michalski

JRC Carter Wharton Chrisene

Ayari    Tronstad

Dolan      Szmodics    Gilsenan

Tyjon

Give the young lads a chance to shine and players who at very least put a shift in, not the 1 in 4 that we’ve seen all season. 

all well and good giving the 3 young lads a chance but now is not the time - i'll be seething if Ayari doesnt start though, against his old club

Edited by Tricky

The truth is if you can't beat the likes of Rotherham, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, QPR and Millwall at home you are more than likely screwed.

That's where we are.

Agree the post about Norwich resting their entire team against Birmingham on the last day. Nothing surer Wagner will do that. The irony that it's Birmingham (again),  you couldn't write it.

Two more comments away from our problems     Coventry were amazing yesterday and gave a display they should be proud of. To come back from 3-0 down with 20 mins to go was something we could only dream of. Let's just hope they are knackered for Saturday.

Really hope Forest get relegated this season and Luton survive. A joke of a club

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

The truth is if you can't beat the likes of Rotherham, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, QPR and Millwall at home you are more than likely screwed.

That's where we are.

Agree the post about Norwich resting their entire team against Birmingham on the last day. Nothing surer Wagner will do that. The irony that it's Birmingham (again),  you couldn't write it.

Two more comments away from our problems     Coventry were amazing yesterday and gave a display they should be proud of. To come back from 3-0 down with 20 mins to go was something we could only dream of. Let's just hope they are knackered for Saturday.

Really hope Forest get relegated this season and Luton survive. A joke of a club

Which team would you rather be playing next season, Forest or Luton ?

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

For the first time in 30 years of watching Rovers with my 76 year old Dad, he's suggested not going on Saturday and just going for a walk instead and turning his phone off, it's that bad. He's usually pretty pragmatic and optimistic even at the worst time, always siding with the players, but I think that second half finally did for him. After the match we both just stared into space over our pints. 

Not felt this low for a very long time, it's a different kind of feeling - think it's the lack of hope or trust in anyone at the club from players to board level, feels like a truly lost cause. 

With you 100% there. Its the feeling of hopelessness, and betrayal.

Over the last 12 months or so I've felt not frustration, hope, optimism for the club, but feelings ranging from dislike to outright hatred. I'm ashamed to even be associated with it.

It's tough. I certainly have had to do a lot of soul-searching and will again this summer, it certainly isn't normal peaks and troughs of supporting a football club, it certainly isn't enjoyable or healthy. But I'm not one who can just switch off my emotional investment in the club and walk away (yet). So I'm in this limbo zone which I suspect many others are where I keep going, keep coming on here, keep thinking about it, but just feel numbness and disgust and weary resignation.

Its almost like a state of civil war. There's an enemy within that needs defeating and destroying before we can even begin to think about anything else, and peaceful coexistence with that enemy is no longer an option in my book.

• Like 7

If we lose this one and Birmingham win their game at Huddersfield then we are screwed. They'd go above us on GD and there's no way we're bettering their result on the final day. Even if Birmingham draw against Huddersfield and we fail to beat Coventry, which is very likely, it means we have to get something at Leicester. Birmingham will beat Norwich who will rest a few players. 

Plymouth and Sheff W have winnable games so they will get the required points. It's between us and Brum I think. I think they find a way and we go down.

A tired Coventry still have far more quality than we do so I expect us to lose. Yesterday's result was a complete disaster after things were looking so positive after the Leeds result. 

The odds of 9/1 on us to go down were too tempting to me so I have done a mercer! Those odds will tumble after the weekends games. 

My 11 I would go for:

Pears (there is nobody else)
JRC Carter ORiordan (if whartons injured) Chrisene
                    Tronstad Buckley
Dolan szmodics Gilsenan

Gallagher 

I am not a massive fan of the above 11 btw its just about all I can think of maybe getting something out of the current dreadful group. 

Pears is dreadful and has made the worst GK error in the entire league yesterday BUT he's undroppable. The alternative is Leo who is not even conference level. At least Pears does have the odd good game like he did against Leeds.

Both are the worst GKs we've ever had though. Telalovic is the worst striker we've ever had and this is probably the worst bunch of loan players we've ever had. Not a huge surprise we are where we are when you factor in all those things. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I am feeling the same after 54 years supporting the club.

I don't know if I will fee differently after the summer break, but right now, the antics at the club have got me questioning if I want to be part of this any more.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

With you 100% there. Its the feeling of hopelessness, and betrayal.

Over the last 12 months or so I've felt not frustration, hope, optimism for the club, but feelings ranging from dislike to outright hatred. I'm ashamed to even be associated with it.

It's tough. I certainly have had to do a lot of soul-searching and will again this summer, it certainly isn't normal peaks and troughs of supporting a football club, it certainly isn't enjoyable or healthy. But I'm not one who can just switch off my emotional investment in the club and walk away (yet). So I'm in this limbo zone which I suspect many others are where I keep going, keep coming on here, keep thinking about it, but just feel numbness and disgust and weary resignation.

Its almost like a state of civil war. There's an enemy within that needs defeating and destroying before we can even begin to think about anything else, and peaceful coexistence with that enemy is no longer an option in my book.

Couldn't have put it any better 👏

10 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

We have a hell of a lot of recency bias on this forum and on socials.

Just one week ago Pears was our man of the match - playing an absolute blinder to seal the win away at Leeds.

It would be recency bias to make any judgements on the Leeds performance, that was the exception. And to be quite honest, and I said this last week, I dont think he warranted man of the match, a defender deserved it. Pears did well but none of his saves really went beyond ones youd expect him to make. 

Hes proven over the whole season (and beyond) that he isnt good enough and is never far from a mistake. Yesterdays was particularly bad but not a one off.

• Like 4

Gallagher would be more useful on a Paris fashion show catwalk.

Shit or bust this one folks,biggest game in years and sadly I'm not confident we have what it takes.

Ridiculous situation to find ourselves in,I'm on edge all week now.Reading other posts is heartbreaking..the feeling of helplessness is overwhelming as we watch this car crash unfold.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

My 11 I would go for:

Pears (there is nobody else)
JRC Carter ORiordan (if whartons injured) Chrisene
                    Tronstad Buckley
Dolan szmodics Gilsenan

Gallagher 

I am not a massive fan of the above 11 btw its just about all I can think of maybe getting something out of the current dreadful group. 

Whilst I too think Markanday is rubbish, Gilsenan has a (back?) injury that will see him out for 4 weeks. I think Markanday is probably better than Gilsenan if Zak can't walk. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Pears is dreadful and has made the worst GK error in the entire league yesterday BUT he's undroppable. The alternative is Leo who is not even conference level. At least Pears does have the odd good game like he did against Leeds.

Both are the worst GKs we've ever had though. Telalovic is the worst striker we've ever had and this is probably the worst bunch of loan players we've ever had. Not a huge surprise we are where we are when you factor in all those things. 

Undroppable:

And that's not even all of his errors - it doesn't include the first goal on Sunday either, for example.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2