BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

Just now, Andy said:

Agreed - and I think Ayari has been unlucky not to start more games.
Seems to have a mix of graft and technical ability; pretty much what we expect from JRC.

Feels like JE wants to be the players' friend, rather than their boss.
And anyone who has managed people at any level knows that doing that is a surefire way to fail.

maybe he`s scared of asserting his authority and wants to avoid confrontation???if you are a boss then confrontation is inevitable sooner or later with somebody,the more you put it off the more your staff will try to undermine you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I like Ayari looks like he has a bit about him. As for Markanday he seems to have been made the scapegoat by the manager for Bristol City as the other 10 starters in that game have started the two since it. And that is a big problem with the manager he doesn't seem to want to make any big decisions and drop some of the more senior players. Instead keeps faith in the likes of Hyam, Brittain, Gallagher, Dolan and far too often they fail to deliver.

Agreed on Ayari, think he looks a good player. 

Markanday isn't good enough, has the odd cameo off the bench or plays well in a cup game here and there but he's not good enough. Probably doesn't help that he plays out of position tbf.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24
3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Telaovic

JRC            Carter              Koumetio    Pickering

Tronstad          Ayari

Markanday            Moran               Dolan

Szmodics

You beat me to it regarding the GK. 

We will feck this up guaranteed with this lilly livered bunch and there'll be 4k Coventry fans given the freedom of the lower tier whilst Pears knees knock at the thought of it.

For crying out loud exercise some brain cells for once in your entire Ewood tenure you clueless ballbag and stick them in the upper tier.  This fallacy that it spoils the atmosphere is about as true as the moon being made of cheese.

Just watched highlights the FA Cup semi-final and you have to say there is no way we are going to win this match

Coventry were brilliant, fought every inch of the way from 3-0 down and deserved to win

And how on earth is Hyam going to cope with Sims?

Rovers 0 Coventry 4

I don’t think we can’t radically change the team and expect to get a result and for that reason pears will stay number 1 till the end of the season.

i would happily take hyam out however as there is adequate replacements. 

quite simply we need a reaction again. Lose and we are done 

• Like 1

Rovers players need to switch on from moment one and we need a win and a performance. 

We need to put everything that has gone on before and focus solely on getting the 3 points we need badly. 

I think we need to play 4-2-3-1 formation and play Gallagher as the 9 with Szmodics just in behind. 

Well, what was a 'must not lose' game yesterday has led us to a 'must win' game on Saturday. Coventry are having a hell of a busy week having gone the distance yesterday, with Hull on Wednesday night and then Rovers on Saturday. We'll have to be hoping there are some tired legs in that team.

Coventry's attacking players are a polar opposite to ours (Szmodics aside). All of them pose a threat whereas we are relying on one player to do the job while Gallagher, Dolan, etc. flounder.

Honestly don't know what to expect. Will it be the Rovers that beat and Leeds or will it be the Rovers that lose to Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday? My head says it'll be the latter but my heart is desperately clinging to the former.

Predicted team:

Pears

Brittain          Carter            Hyam        Pickering

Tronstad        Ayari

JRC

Gallagher       Szmodics         Dolan

I should add, Coventry's performance in the cup yesterday will obviously make it look a daunting task for Rovers to beat them, but it is doable...Birmingham beat them 3-0 last weekend.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Just watched highlights the FA Cup semi-final and you have to say there is no way we are going to win this match

Coventry were brilliant, fought every inch of the way from 3-0 down and deserved to win

And how on earth is Hyam going to cope with Sims?

Rovers 0 Coventry 4

1-4

Sammie will get a goal on his Ewood farewell. Lucky lad.

And then on to Leicester and hoping they don't destroy what remains of our GD advantage.

38 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I should add, Coventry's performance in the cup yesterday will obviously make it look a daunting task for Rovers to beat them, but it is doable...Birmingham beat them 3-0 last weekend.

Exactly. Even we looked good against Newcastle, but the circumstances are completely different.

I think a lot will depend on how Coventry get on in midweek.

If they win, they still have an outside shot of the Play Offs.

We could do with Hull popping their balloon.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to the season being "over" yesterday and expected a win, would have been a nice bit of relief for us fans... Nope! Here we are again, right back in the relegation mix.

This squad is just shit. Zero consistency, soft as they come and not an ounce of passion (barring Sammie).

Wouldn't be surprised if we got stuffed... also wouldn't be surprised if we went and won. No idea what version of the team is gonna turn up - can't wait for a few months off!

• Like 2

I think we'll be leaving Ewood after the game knowing that it's all over bar the shouting. To come back from that disaster class yesterday will take some doing.

If we go down a couple early doors, Ewood might explode.

3-0 Cov

45 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I was looking forward to the season being "over" yesterday and expected a win, would have been a nice bit of relief for us fans... Nope! Here we are again, right back in the relegation mix.

This squad is just shit. Zero consistency, soft as they come and not an ounce of passion (barring Sammie).

Wouldn't be surprised if we got stuffed... also wouldn't be surprised if we went and won. No idea what version of the team is gonna turn up - can't wait for a few months off!

That’s why I look forward to the international breaks. They can’t ruin that weekend. Crazy isn’t it ?

• Like 1

Draw at best. I really can't see us winning - let's not forget we've won 2 in 15, 1 of which was a hugely impressive smash and grab but with plenty of good fortune to help us out. We are yet to win at home under the current gaffer, but the only sprinkling of hope is that our better home performances have come against teams in the top half - Southampton, Ipswich and Norwich. 

I also have no idea what formation he will play. 5 at the back suits games like Leeds away, but is it good enough at home when we need to be on the front foot? Perhaps Coventry are a better side and being more cautious will help us. What a depressing thought! 

I must admit I am flittering between caring and not caring. The club has beaten any hope out of me, and staying up this season may just delay the inevitable. No doubt we'd get relegated at Turf Moor just to cap off the shit show that is our club at the moment. 

I expect a defeat and Eustace to be smiling in his presser talking about togetherness.

We can’t change the team drastically for the remaining matches purely because the squad isn’t strong enough. Amongst the defeats we have had some decent performances for example against Southampton and Leeds. 

The main concern has to be who else can score goals apart from Szmodics? Where on earth have Gallagher’s goals gone? Dolan spends most of the time doing his tricks out on the wing instead of in the box where it hurts. 

We, the fans, can’t give up now and just have to hope the players don’t either

• Like 1

So far this season I have sat and watched us lose to...

Hull City
Sunderland
Leicester
Swansea
Preston
Leeds
Watford
Queens Park Rangers
Ipswich
Sheffield Wednesday

Combined with fantastic home draws to teams such as..

Rotherham
Plymouth
Huddersfield
Millwall

I have seen us win only once (v Stoke) since the 12th December. If anyone thinks we are going to beat Coventry then think again.
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Draw at best. I really can't see us winning - let's not forget we've won 2 in 15, 1 of which was a hugely impressive smash and grab but with plenty of good fortune to help us out. We are yet to win at home under the current gaffer, but the only sprinkling of hope is that our better home performances have come against teams in the top half - Southampton, Ipswich and Norwich. 

I also have no idea what formation he will play. 5 at the back suits games like Leeds away, but is it good enough at home when we need to be on the front foot? Perhaps Coventry are a better side and being more cautious will help us. What a depressing thought! 

I must admit I am flittering between caring and not caring. The club has beaten any hope out of me, and staying up this season may just delay the inevitable. No doubt we'd get relegated at Turf Moor just to cap off the shit show that is our club at the moment. 

I expect a defeat and Eustace to be smiling in his presser talking about togetherness.

Still raging him smirking and smiling.  Chadaggot says its OK tho 

• Like 1