BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

3 hours ago, Groundhog said:

For the first time in 30 years of watching Rovers with my 76 year old Dad, he's suggested not going on Saturday and just going for a walk instead and turning his phone off, it's that bad. He's usually pretty pragmatic and optimistic even at the worst time, always siding with the players, but I think that second half finally did for him. After the match we both just stared into space over our pints. 

Not felt this low for a very long time, it's a different kind of feeling - think it's the lack of hope or trust in anyone at the club from players to board level, feels like a truly lost cause. 

Well said. I've been going on for 49 years, the only time I gave it a swerve was for 3 seasons or so after these clowns took over and potted Big Sam.

I'm so fed up with BRFC and football in general; the season can't end soon enough so I can spend my Saturdays fishing instead. If my daughter wouldn't  threaten me with ostracism, I'd be seriously considering to ditch the ST again next season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Undroppable:

And that's not even all of his errors - it doesn't include the first goal on Sunday either, for example.

A

I still wouldn't have Leo in goal. That's how bad I think he is!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

We have a hell of a lot of recency bias on this forum and on socials.

Just one week ago Pears was our man of the match - playing an absolute blinder to seal the win away at Leeds.

You are allowed to give a player credit for having a good game. I don't remember anyone saying he was a good keeper though. He's proven time and time again that he's an incredibly poor GK but he has had a small number of decent games this season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Well said. I've been going on for 49 years, the only time I gave it a swerve was for 3 seasons or so after these clowns took over and potted Big Sam.

I'm so fed up with BRFC and football in general; the season can't end soon enough so I can spend my Saturdays fishing instead. If my daughter wouldn't  threaten me with ostracism, I'd be seriously considering to ditch the ST again next season.

I genuinely only go to Ewood these days to spend time with my parents. It has been a miserable season and we all nearly packed it in when they fucked us over in the January transfer window and treated us like idiots AGAIN.

• Like 2

Anybody higher up the food chain at Ewood looking at that Pears vid which doesn't even cover the many many should have done better ones will surely have no doubts whatsoever now we need a real keeper.

I'm absolutely convinced he could easily have dived onto that miss kick when he spun round instead of following it into the net, where is the instinct ?

Is he a failed outfield player who decided to try and be a keeper because of his dad and nepotism more than natural ability has got him this far ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

My bias is not recent.

I thought Pears crap since Mowbray signed his mates son to help out Boro get shut of a player they didn't want on their books.

His rare good performance just outliers.

Exactly - no recency bias for me neither.

No one mentioning the Ipswich goal he let under him too, almost as bad as the first mistake against SW. 

The Leeds game was an odd one, he didn't have that much to do - wasn't put under pressure, and the saves were fairly routine. Only got MoM as they couldn't pick a Leeds player, and he was the obvious choice to "explain" the type of game we'd just seen.

I hate throwing players under the bus, but no, sorry, it's inexcusable.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Anybody higher up the food chain at Ewood looking at that Pears vid which doesn't even cover the many many should have done better ones will surely have no doubts whatsoever now we need a real keeper.

I'm absolutely convinced he could easily have dived onto that miss kick when he spun round instead of following it into the net, where is the instinct ?

Is he a failed outfield player who decided to try and be a keeper because of his dad and nepotism more than natural ability has got him this far ?

I think he didn't want to catch it with his knee and put it in, trying to not bundle if over, but in the end just froze, coupled with the back pass rule in his head.

He let one go across the box in the first half too that nearly cost us.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Then you're bonkers. 

Come off it - Pears made probably the worst individual error I've ever seen yesterday - and isn't good enough -  but in terms of general play Wahlstedt makes Pears look like Gordon Banks. The former  was responsible for either 1-2 goals per game when he was playing and hasn't got a single redeeming feature. He can't even catch the ball.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I think he didn't want to catch it with his knee and put it in, trying to not bundle if over, but in the end just froze, coupled with the back pass rule in his head.

He let one go across the box in the first half too that nearly cost us.

Must have panicked in the heat of the moment because I don't think the back pass rule would have applied. If a defender unintentionally slices a clearance and the keeper picks it up then its not deemed a foul because it wasn't an intentional pass.

Interesting hypothetical though - if he had conceded a free kick a yard out- would we have been entitled to line up eleven players on the line making it virtually impossible to score or would they get a free hit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

The truth is if you can't beat the likes of Rotherham, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, QPR and Millwall at home you are more than likely screwed.

That's where we are.

Absolutely,what a car crash of a Season.

We've cut our own throat.

• Like 5

It was just such a bad time to do that, we could still have salvaged a draw from 1 down but 2 and we were done, as it was we barely layed a glove on them thereafter. I am still absolutely fizzing from that yesterday, I was so looking forward to being safe and lifting this anxious feeling.

i echo the sentiments on here about being absolutely lost in my feelings towards the club, as above I can’t just switch off but I’m just so embarrassed by the club at the moment it’s not in the least bit enjoyable. From the players with their clown boots on to the boardroom with their transfer cock ups, to the owners who won’t set foot in the stadium, whole thing just stinks and it doesn’t happen anywhere else, absolutely the laughing stock of the football league.

if we go down I don’t think I can continue, I can’t do league 1 again, it’s too painful. It will be a look at the results at 5pm type season and do something else with my Saturdays. I think this season has been the straw that’s broke the camels back for quite a few, would not be surprised if st sales are hit badly

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Undroppable:

And that's not even all of his errors - it doesn't include the first goal on Sunday either, for example.

Might just be the angle of that video but I still can't wrap my head around how he's caught up to the ball and attempted to do nothing to stop it going into the net.

I know he can't pick it up but he does nothing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Might just be the angle of that video but I still can't wrap my head around how he's caught up to the ball and attempted to do nothing to stop it going into the net.

I know he can't pick it up but he does nothing.

Well he can, because it's a better option than what happened.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Must have panicked in the heat of the moment because I don't think the back pass rule would have applied. If a defender unintentionally slices a clearance and the keeper picks it up then its not deemed a foul because it wasn't an intentional pass.

Interesting hypothetical though - if he had conceded a free kick a yard out- would we have been entitled to line up eleven players on the line making it virtually impossible to score or would they get a free hit?

Had he touched the ball with his hands it would have been deemed an intentional pass and punished with an indirect free kick. So it is my belief he was reluctant to use his hands when the ball spun off his sliced kick. The choice was that or concede a goal. No brainer really

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Undroppable:

Luckily he is better than kaminski with his feet.

• Like 4

You've just got to keep it out of the net it's as simple as that and although maybe a free kick conceded you have actually covered your howler by saving it.

Anything can happen with a free kick you have to give yourself that option.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Which team would you rather be playing next season, Forest or Luton ?

Honestly not sure we'll be playing either ! Could be more like Stockport and Mansfield 😡😡. It would be typical of this season that Rovers end up for the first time in the bottom 3 on the last day of the season

But if you are asking me I think Forest could really be in the shit next season if they do go down

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

i agreed with this. Pears should have taken his chance and try to catch the ball after the miskick (since it was unintentional). Probably that's what the ref came over and spoke to him about. "You could have caught the ball and it will be okay, son".

25 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Honestly not sure we'll be playing either ! Could be more like Stockport and Mansfield 😡😡. It would be typical of this season that Rovers end up for the first time in the bottom 3 on the last day of the season

But if you are asking me I think Forest could really be in the shit next season if they do go down

The being in the bottom 3 only on the last day hasn’t been lost on me either, it would be so typical of us and relegated on goal difference again, we never get the right side of it 

I said it before but Hedges is a big loss. He shouldn’t really be, but it’s because he offers something different. A bit of presence.

The squad is littered with lightweight ‘ball playing’ midfielders who can’t compete physically and seem to shrink when the going gets tough - Ayari, Markanday, Moran, Dolan,  Buckley. You start trying to pick a bit of a different formation and wonder who to put out wide and you are just swapping one non-entity for another. 

JRC would be the only other  option out wide who may have more presence, but you’d really want Travis to then go alongside Tronstadt (enough said there). Otherwise you have to choose from one of the above-mentioned lightweights in midfield, or toss Garrett back in who, after showing glimmers of promise, was poor last time we saw him.

In fact, I’d go with Garrett in the middle and JRC wider. At a quick glance, our record with him on the pitch looks better than most of the others and he doesn’t seem to have started many of the pastings except of West Brom. Otherwise it’s just rinse and repeat.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Undroppable:

The problem is there are so many "errors" 

• Like 1

Yesterday was summed up by the substitutions.

We are 2 goals down heading into the last 10 minutes with another 10+ then added in injury time. So if we had anything about us we would have put them under immense pressure during that time and made them work their socks off to preserve their lead, they should have been hanging on for dear life. In the end it was predictable garbage and we barely laid a glove on them. Their keeper could have had a lie down in injury time.

We bring on Chrisene, Ayari and Moran. Stood on the touchline coming on they looked like 3 little boys. Meanwhile the opposition bring on Callum Patterson and Michael Smith. Not exactly world beaters, far from it, but two big bruisers who have been there and done at in professional football.

If I was their manager I'd have been delighted seeing us throwing them on for the last 10-15 and not a couple of nasty giants.

Prior to that it was Buckley and Markanday coming off the bench. Another two who have no physical presence whatsoever and look like little young lads. Wednesday were packed full of size, stature, power.

We all know where the reason for this comes from, saving cash and doing things on the cheap. 3 kids on loan coming off the bench to save our skins. How sad.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6

My team:

Some kid down the street

JRC.  Gally(!) Wharton  Pickering

Trondstad   Ayari

No idea  Super Sammy  Dolan?!?

Ehhhrrr….

Pretty much the state of things

• Like 1

Just bought my ticket -£15,I need to be there despite yesterday and all the shit of this awful season...feels like Custers last stand.Also want to show appreciation to Sammie before he sets sail into the Sunset.

We'll give our all from the Stands but if the Players cant match it I fear we're doomed.

Sad times these.

• Like 2