BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

On 23/04/2024 at 20:15, M_B said:

I watched the first goal back and paused it just as Pears headed it, have a look.

If he doesn’t come out, their player is clear down the left channel with all the defence gone missing. He made exactly the right choice, it's Hyam who cocks up by not clearing his lines.

He made the right choice to come, absolutely.

But he then made the wrong choice in heading it to Hyam (instead of getting it as far away as possible).
More importantly, he stops then saunters back to his goal, rather than sprinting back to his line - as you'd expect in that situation.

He definitely played his part in the first goal.
The 3rd is just bizarre how we didn't stop the ball from going over the line.
The very worst case is an indirect free kick, which they're never scoring from.

• Like 3

Coventry lose. No doubt that result helps us.

A tired team and now one that has nothing to play for. Big opportunity for us to get 3 points on Saturday. I have very little confidence we'll even get a point though.

• Like 1

We’ve just moved from 7/4 (underdogs) to 11/8 (favourites) on the back of that Coventry defeat (36% chance of winning to 42% chance). 

Hopefully Mercer is backing Cov so we can all breath a sigh of relief 

Also means there is lots for West Brom to be competing for vs Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, and hopefully also Norwich vs Birmingham on the final day 

Edited by superniko

• Backroom

I actually think it’s a really kind fixture for us, I wouldn’t fancy us against anyone top middle or bottom but a team out on their feet and exasperated should be there for the taking 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

A few Rovers supporters said it was a big mistake giving Sheffield Wednesday 7,000 tickets. I haven't heard the Blackburn End so quite in a long time, They were outsung till the refs whistle. Maybe if the brains upstairs had made last Sundays game £10 a ticket, we might have outsung them, and got something out the game.

I lost me voice 

I'm not so sure the Cov result really does help us to be honest. We struggle against everyone, but we especially struggle to break down teams who sit back, which a tired side are more likely to do.

They have nothing to play for, but in recent history Rovers only turn up if we have nothing to play for.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

He made the right choice to come, absolutely.

But he then made the wrong choice in heading it to Hyam (instead of getting it as far away as possible).
More importantly, he stops then saunters back to his goal, rather than sprinting back to his line - as you'd expect in that situation.

He definitely played his part in the first goal.
The 3rd is just bizarre how we didn't stop the ball from going over the line.
The very worst case is an indirect free kick, which they're never scoring from.

It was going out if Hyam left it

11 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I'm not so sure the Cov result really does help us to be honest. We struggle against everyone, but we especially struggle to break down teams who sit back, which a tired side are more likely to do.

They have nothing to play for, but in recent history Rovers only turn up if we have nothing to play for.

I think they have to go for the win - which may possibly suit us.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

In what way?

This is a genuine question as I don’t attend games but I believe you do.

Because we're better on the counter attack. 

Have been for a while. But I think a stat was put up during the Wednesday game on Sky for just Eustace's reign. And over 50% possession had less points result than under.

Even though we're at home, a relegation battle makes teams more cagey. Cov now have nothing to lose, all guns blazing, come at us hard.

We sit back, low possession stats, then pick them off on the break with Sammie and Dolan's pace. 

Easy peasy right. 

• Like 1

There is no doubt that Coventry's defeat last night is going to help us.

Their players must be mentally and physically exhausted.

They will have the backing of 4k+ fans and Robins is a hard task master who will demand 100% effort.

However, despite despite the shortcomings of both our manager and players  there is no way do I see a Coventry win which will give us either the 1 or 3 points to put us safe.  So confident am I in this, I have lumped on against the Coventry win at 5/2 on one of the betting exchanges.

Roll on the balmy days of summer.

Simms will score so we need at least 2 goals for a win.

So basically step forward Sammie and save us.

Robins will motivate Coventry, that is a given, and I hope our lot don't fall for the "they are fatigued" bollocks. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Coventry only lost to a good Hull side because they gift wrapped 2 of Hull's goals and were victims of Ref inadequacy in the build up to the penalty.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

They will have the backing of 4k+ fans and Robins is a hard task master who will demand 100% effort

This.

Their pacey frontline Players will be instructed to attack and exploit our frail defence at every opportunity.If the Smoz does not score then we have the square root of nothing to offer up front.

We will have to be at our very best to win come Saturday and no mistake.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Cov sold out their allocation yesterday (4,339) and have been told they can’t have more.

Yet, for the previous relegation six pointer they rolled the red carpet out, 7k, then a few hundred more as if that wasn’t enough.

They make it up as they go along down there 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

I don’t believe in any of this “on the beach/nothing to play for” stuff.  They will want a reaction annd irrespective if they have a few 2nd teamers playing, it will be an extremely tough game - Its not like we are world beaters. 

1-1...but will that be enough? I don't think so, It’s going down to the wire, where i think we will crumble to a horrific away defeat. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover