BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

38 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They are all pathetic.

The part they have played in getting us into this situation is not to be underestimated.

They succeeded in getting rid of the boss that demanded more and better from them and are now happy and content with some brainless chump that lets them walk all over him and clearly gives them the message that it's not important to win games, you just have to turn up.

The worst squad this club has ever had.

I understand the sentiment here, I agree with most of the post and I don't want this to descend into a Mowbray debate, but.....

Whilst years of under investment is firmly to blame for our current predicament in my opinion, I can't help but think, the mini player revolt and them seemingly downing tools would never have happened under Mowbray. That charade with invited guests to listen to Waggott and the players? Would never have happened either.......

Mowbray has gone, his time had come, but it just goes to show what power players can have, even crap players, if they see weakness in management!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mowbray has gone, his time had come, but it just goes to show what power players can have, even crap players, if they see weakness in management!

If any of the players revolted under Mowbray there was a chance they might be dropped and eventually replaced with someone brought in like a £5million Sam Gallagher, a £7million Ben Brereton, a Stuart Downing or a Harvey Elliot.

Under JDT they are thinking “are you really gonna drop me for a 17yo kid or that bloke  from the German third tier”. They knew it was highly unlikely they would be be replaced before the manager went

That’s why the players were able to take the piss with JDT at the end, probably also knowing he wanted out as well so he was going to be gone soon enough.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

I understand the sentiment here, I agree with most of the post and I don't want this to descend into a Mowbray debate, but.....

Whilst years of under investment is firmly to blame for our current predicament in my opinion, I can't help but think, the mini player revolt and them seemingly downing tools would never have happened under Mowbray. That charade with invited guests to listen to Waggott and the players? Would never have happened either.......

You're right it wouldn't.

That's because Mowbray was a dolloper that didn't give a fuck about results and gave the players an easy ride.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Leicester already promoted. Coventry's hopes hanging by a thread.

Regardless, I expect them both to be professional and try to win.

Our options are very limited. Eustace knows his best 14. Unfortunately, we struggle to score goals and some of our players are prone to disastrous errors. 

Rovers 1 - Coventry 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Wonder if they'll do a 'lap of honour' today? Suppose it'll depend on the result.

Effectively should really just be Szmodics and Tronstad anyway really taking part 🤔

They will get both barrels like last week if they do

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Leicester already promoted. Coventry's hopes hanging by a thread.

Regardless, I expect them both to be professional and try to win.

Our options are very limited. Eustace knows his best 14. Unfortunately, we struggle to score goals and some of our players are prone to disastrous errors. 

Rovers 1 - Coventry 2.

Today we have a chance of points.

Leicester will beat us, they are at home, they will have already won or still be going for the title plus they are in with a good chance of 100 points. They will be go for the win in the final game in front of their celebrating fans.

We need to get our job done today.

• Like 1

Tried an AI song creator to make a song about Gallagher

Running down the field. Ball at my feet

But when it comes to scoring I just can't compete

They call me the striker But I'm feeling so weak

I'd rather fix my hair It's my winning technique

• Like 1

I'm quite worried today about the system and tactics Eustace will use. I think he will go with a back five and set up not to lose as he did on Sunday. That went well 😁. We really can't afford to be overrun and need to play with a higher intensity level and match Coventry. As ever the first goal will be important and it should be us on the front foot trying to get it. We need something to defend if that is the mindset of Eustace.

Szmodics will be receiving his POTY awards before the match from Colin Hendry. Hopefully there are plenty of people in their seats to give him the accolade he richly deserves. As for the lap of appreciation I'll more than likely be sat on the bus ready to go home when the players come out.

• Like 3

I think that a back four without the slow McFazdean in it would be the best way to go. Last week Wednesday encouraged us to come forward so that they could catch us on the break, I think that Coventry will do the same. Our defence is a bag of nerves at the moment so we can expect another fast hard press from their forwards. Let’s hope that the defenders just keep it simple and safety first. If we don’t give goals away we might actually draw or nick a win. After Coventry’s cheating hand ball goal last year we deserve a bit of karma this year with a win. Unfortunately life doesn’t work that way, so fingers crossed for at least an error free display by Rovers. 

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm quite worried today about the system and tactics Eustace will use. I think he will go with a back five and set up not to lose as he did on Sunday. That went well 😁. We really can't afford to be overrun and need to play with a higher intensity level and match Coventry. As ever the first goal will be important and it should be us on the front foot trying to get it. We need something to defend if that is the mindset of Eustace.

Szmodics will be receiving his POTY awards before the match from Colin Hendry. Hopefully there are plenty of people in their seats to give him the accolade he richly deserves. As for the lap of appreciation I'll more than likely be sat on the bus ready to go home when the players come out.

I'll be in the Brown Cow, hopefully celebrating.

Edited by rigger

Huge game and huge opportunity today. Come 5pm we could either be mathematically safe or be in the bottom 3, that's how big a day it is. 

We face an out of form, tired team with fitness and injury issues who have nothing to play for. You don't get many opportunities like that to get 3 points. I have absolutely no faith in our group of players though, so I'm fully expecting a defeat. I think O'Hare, Haji Wright, and Simms will be far too good for us. 

Rovers 0 Coventry 2

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Tried an AI song creator to make a song about Gallagher

Running down the field. Ball at my feet

But when it comes to scoring I just can't compete

They call me the striker But I'm feeling so weak

I'd rather fix my hair It's my winning technique

Don't need ai 

Simples

Your fucking shit

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Whatever opinion on Mowbray he knew how to handle stuff like that and i said it ages ago Waggot and the shadowman have been badly exposed for what they are since he left.

Having a guy like him front of house kept the lid on a lot of things.

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

I wish we can put up a fight like QPR and all the other teams around us. Hope the players don't think relegation is inevitable 

It is the Raos , Shadowman and Waggott, who have made relegation inevitable, either next weekend or next season...

• Like 2

End of the day a lot of footballers are immature lads who’ve been coddled through the academy system (again in contrast to Sammy who’s scrapped his way up the leagues).

Mogga would have the balance right behind the scenes you’d wager between giving them leeway and an arm round, and when it’s time to get in line.

Then there’s JDT who seemingly had standards that were too high for this bunch of weak mediocrities, so rebelled against it as soon as they could - whereas this new fella doesn’t seem exude much in the way of presence or authority.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Then there’s JDT who seemingly had standards that were too high for this bunch of weak mediocrities, so rebelled against it as soon as they could - whereas this new fella doesn’t seem exude much in the way of presence or authority.

eustace has in no way stamped his authority on the squad,hence the recent pathetic efforts,players can drop their standards  knowing there will be no accountability,only one with any professional pride is sammie,even tronstadt dropped his usual level against wednesday

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come on Rovers. Lets get that win and 3 points and survival. 

Eustace's Blue and White Army 🔵

Eusless is unworthy of an army.

If we lose today, he and the team should be absolutely pilloried by the fans.

• Like 1