BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

Just now, Tom said:

Trying to keep some hope but 1 goal for Huddersfield and we could be safe with a draw 

The championship is a crazy league.

You know though, that under Venkys we are just about the unluckiest team on the planet. 

• Like 3

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Going to drink myself into oblivion tonight if we lose this

Im already half way there! 

I don't know what's worse.... Worrying about the game or my sciatica. Both bloody painful! 

I’m 20 years older and almost two feet shorter but I would confidently destroy Gallagher in any physical confrontation every single time through sheer force of will. He has the physical presence of a daffodil-waving milktoothed rainbow-garbed smurf riding a unicorn pony.

• Like 4

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Hard to disagree. One thing is as sure as shit with this lot - if it goes to the final day then we’ll drop. No two ways about it.

And it'll be deserved. The owners deserve it. The CEO deserves it. The incompetent senior staff who can't do basic admin functions correctly deserve it. The manager and his cowardly tactics deserve it. The players and their spineless attitudes (Szmodics excluded) deserve it. The sizable amount of fans who worship Venky's and jump down the throats of anyone who dares call out the bullshit deserve it. 

The small section of the fan base who see through the charade don't deserve it, along with the employees of the club who don't fuck things up by being useless at what they are paid to do. Overall though, if we go down it's very much deserved.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Hard to disagree. One thing is as sure as shit with this lot - if it goes to the final day then we’ll drop. No two ways about it.

Its going to the final day. Driving up, I had this image I couldn't shake of watching next Saturday as Leicester are awarded the championship trophy, whilst Rovers relegation is confirmed. Hopefully paranoia, but it feels believable, right now! Huge 45 ahead...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

First half could have been worse, but I really don't get any sense of urgency in this squad and with results as they are that couldn't be much worse, A Plymouth goal now and we're in big, big trouble.

The problem is that there's absolutely nothing upfront. Szmodics is doing the work of 3 men. Dolan and Gallagher have contributed nothing, again. 

You're once again hoping to keep them out and nick a goal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

It's drab, yes we create chances but it's off the back of a tired Coventry, not because we are any good. 

Turned into an even bigger must win now, will Eustace have the fire within him to get these players playing? Personally I don't think so. 

We need to win.

But

We must not lose.

Just now, DE. said:

And it'll be deserved. The owners deserve it. The CEO deserves it. The incompetent senior staff who can't do basic admin functions correctly deserve it. The manager and his cowardly tactics deserve it. The players and their spineless attitudes (Szmodics excluded) deserve it. The sizable amount of fans who worship Venky's and jump down the throats of anyone who dares call out the bullshit deserve it. 

The small section of the fan base who see through the charade don't deserve it, along with the employees of the club who don't fuck things up by being useless at what they are paid to do. Overall though, if we go down it's very much deserved.

I think a lot of the fans see though the charade - you're simply focusing on a vocal minority on social media. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Good first half from Rovers. Cov definitely there for beating. But passing needs to be much better to stand a chance. With the other scores, one point doesn't really look enough. Nervy.

If we lose and other scores remain, we’re in the relegation zone.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem is that there's absolutely nothing upfront. Szmodics is doing the work of 3 men. Dolan and Gallagher have contributed nothing, again. 

And yet we've had the better of the chances.

We're still in the lottery 

Just now, pick32 said:

A draw and I still think we are safe, lose and we are 100% down

We are going down and when we do this will be last year following us after almost 60 years of  being being in love with this club.  Venkies have me finished till they are gone. 

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Oh 100%, and here is where all this nonsense about "building a sustainable model" falls apart - we never, ever reinvest to replace what we lose properly. We just hope that someone is going to score an absurd amount of goals compared to their history. We're bloody lucky Sammie stepped up because without him I'm confident we'd be lucky to be competing with Rotherham.

• Like 1