BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

LT today:

"John Eustace believes Coventry City have been a leading example for clubs like Blackburn Rovers of how to build success sustainably"

Will someone PLEASE tell him to shut his clueless mouth!!

He's a Company Man, has the condescending smile so necessary to play the part and he's not very bright, indeed a tad thick as Pig shit.

• Like 1

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/april/26/we-want-to-prove-the-doubters-wrong--says-sammie/

Szmodics trying to create a siege mentality for tomorrow. If more of the squad had his mentality and attitude then I wouldn't be as fearful of going down but sadly there are too many surrender monkeys for my liking.

Hopefully by tomorrow evening I am eating my words.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Did JE say that Coventry getting rid of their trash owners was the catalyst to all round improvement at the club......

I thought not.

Waggott pointed out yet again on Tuesday night at the awards night, just how luck we are to have such wonderful owners.

30 minutes ago, lraC said:

Waggott pointed out yet again on Tuesday night at the awards night, just how luck we are to have such wonderful owners.

I read the Forum minutes too. Lots about the many repairs, due to years of neglect, needed at Ewood but no mention of such expenses being outside of FFP and therefore an easy payment for the billionaires.

Crowd funding for safe standing as they can't get grants for such .......

Waggott is a charlatan of decades of same BS.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

Stumbled across something on social media today in regards to their fans and actually started by a North Ender.

Fair to say their fanbase were getting pelters from various other clubs fans for running around giving it large about their crowds etc.  

They are a deluded bunch over the last couple of years for sure it seems instead of enjoying it after all the tough years they'd rather make empty boasts about being the best fans in the land when actually for a one club city of 400,000 their support numbers wise is poor and always has been.

I work with a long-standing Cov fan and the subject of their support came up when I saw him on Monday. He mentioned that he thinks their core support has always been poor considering the size of the city and the lack of nearby clubs to attract 'glory-hunters'. So not all Cov fans are deluded!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, philipl said:

Haven't got a clue what formation, players or tactics either I would chose or what I think Eustace will choose.

Might as well use a random number generator or play the under 18s..

Neither does he

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I read the Forum minutes too. Lots about the many repairs, due to years of neglect, needed at Ewood but no mention of such expenses being outside of FFP and therefore an easy payment for the billionaires.

Crowd funding for safe standing as they can get grants for such .......

Waggott is a charlatan of decades of same BS.

I will pack in before I give one penny to crowdfunding

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s partly right Cov are as an example. They sold their star man last summer and then re-invested in players… soooo in what way is that comparable to here?

Well, we do half of what they do.

So, we're getting there!

Surely these facility repairs and safe standing could all be funded comfortably from the £25 million cash coming into the club since last summer? Or are we supposed to forget about that.

Just like we are supposed to forget that not long ago Coventry were a 4th division side playing in Northampton, so yes I take exception when Rovers employees are using them as an example of what we could/should be. The only reason we are below them is because of mismanagement at our end which has been bettered by virtually every other club in the Football League.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Surely these facility repairs and safe standing could all be funded comfortably from the £25 million cash coming into the club since last summer? Or are we supposed to forget about that.

Just like we are supposed to forget that not long ago Coventry were a 4th division side playing in Northampton, so yes I take exception when Rovers employees are using them as an example of what we could/should be. The only reason we are below them is because of mismanagement at our end which has been bettered by virtually every other club in the Football League.

The owners, board and our senior management expect us to forget and many of us do.

It's like the Maguire FU never happened, although as the ball in now back with Orlando they will be the reason why it never ever happens.

There will never be an outcome for this fictitious internal investigation into what happened in January.

They think we are stupid and they are correct in many cases.

Lunatics running what is an asylum.

And still I read expectations of a rebuild starting this summer.

I can't make this up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Or the £15 million for Armstrong... Kaminski, Phillips, Raya money.... the list goes on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneandycrawford said:

I work with a long-standing Cov fan and the subject of their support came up when I saw him on Monday. He mentioned that he thinks their core support has always been poor considering the size of the city and the lack of nearby clubs to attract 'glory-hunters'. So not all Cov fans are deluded!

That's social media for you and the license for silly idiots to run around yapping nonsense on the back of a bit of success. Boro were the same a few years ago but the distances they travel you have to give them credit whereas the likes of Coventry couldn't be any more perfectly positioned in the country.

There's a new lot every year going through the same old willy waving but iv'e been on there a decade and you rarely if ever came across one Coventry fan, suddenly they are everywhere.

Probably be Bolton or Derby next year.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Did JE say that Coventry getting rid of their trash owners was the catalyst to all round improvement at the club......

I thought not.

I think the previous trash owners of Cov City realised that dropping to league 2 was not a good investment, started putting a small amount in, to be able to slowly improve the squad. Then they sold the club when they realised they couldn't win the stadium through legal action. They realised that the asset needed repairs if they were to make money or sell for a decent amount.

Our owners are too arrogant and stupid to even see that they are killing the club and need to spend to repair the damage. It almost makes you hope their private jets are made by Boeing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Then after the game the manager and players say "we have an incredible opportunity next week to put it right". Well guess what dickheads you have run out of games.

I think this lot are very lucky that we're running out of games, as I think that is what will end up keeping us up by the skin of our teeth.

If the season had another month left we would be destined to drop this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

The players have proved time and time again at Ewood this season that they are complete bottle jobs. We have barely taken a point off anyone at home and just turn up expecting to lose these days.

All we hear before these 'crucial' games is about how the fans need to get behind them and all stick together. Then when Saturday comes they play like non-league plodders kicking them in their own net or passing it out of play. 

Then after the game the manager and players say "we have an incredible opportunity next week to put it right". Well guess what dickheads you have run out of games.

That's what happened against Sheff Wed. All the hype before the game then they played with all the fervour of a dead fish. 

Coventry have had a taxing week. Coming within a big toe of beating Man U and getting to the cup final, then losing at home to a fellow play off hopeful.

What better way to bring back the hope than having spineless Rovers roll over and give them an easy 3 points. 

Last Sunday's game was the most significant of the season and the players didn't turn up. They get to put it right tomorrow. Eustace has had another full week with no travelling to work on how they'll play. However, none of that will matter if players continue making risible errors that cost goals. 

I want a win but can't see anything but a defeat knowing that when it matters Rovers usually shirk. 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They think we are stupid and they are correct in many cases.

Lunatics running what is an asylum.

And still I read expectations of a rebuild starting this summer.

I can't make this up.

We are being run on a Wing and a Prayer,from Hand to Mouth on a day to day existence.

The Clowns running this Club dont even know where we stand..one mistake away from total disaster.

Its bad,really feckin bad.

We may win tomorrow and secure Championship status but rest assured, the Ewood Circus will carry on while these imbecilic Owners drag us backwards through the Mud on our Arse.

• Like 3