BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They played with 2 strikers up front and did after making subs. Robins wanted to nick something on the break. 

Coventry set up 4-3-2 after the sending off. 

30 shots, played on the front foot, miss good chances. 

Coward set up? 😔 😭

Our wing backs played much higher up and got into good areas. 

Get out of here chaddy it was negative again. At one point they has a corner with 10 men and we had no one on the half way line . We had 5 defenders against 10 men . Imagine if we had actually tried to win. Are you counting gallys header that went nearer the corner than the goal. ? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, London blue said:

It matters little either way, both are shocking records. 

Yep. Extrapolated to a full season it's 49 points, a probable relegation as opposed to 43 points, a definite relegation.

Just now, LDRover said:

Yep. Extrapolated to a full season it's 49 points, a probable relegation as opposed to 43 points, a definite relegation.

That's about where the squad is, sans Kaminski and A. Wharton. 

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

Get out of here chaddy it was negative again. At one point they has a corner with 10 men and we had no one on the half way line . We had 5 defenders against 10 men . Imagine if we had actually tried to win. Are you counting gallys header that went nearer the corner than the goal. ? 

Negative? 30 shots at goal, pinned them back most of the second half. 

Our wing backs played much higher up so it wasn't 5 at the back. 

We did try to win the game. Don't come out with such tripe Abbey. 

I will leave it now. I've given my opinions and point of view on the game. Nothing more to add

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

have zero reasons to be giddy for, yet again struggled to accept different point of views on here. If you don't accept my point of view, just moved on down the page. 

The problem is Chaddy your ‘viewpoints’ constantly are things like “the manager is good”, “the recruitment has been good”, “the tactics are good”, “I think we will finish close to top 6.”

And yet here we are going into the last day hoping to stave off relegation. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Much better performance from us and we had more than enough chances to win the game whether its was Gallagher, Dolan or Szmodics with them. Ayari impressed off the bench and went close twice.

We lack a quality goalscoring striker and we have since Armstrong left. 

McFadzean and Hyam good at the back. 

Wish we would have brought Chrisene much sooner. 

Its in our hands next Saturday and Rovers never do it the easier way like winning the PL in 94./95 season 

No Rovers never do things the easy way.

But feck me, comparing IMO, this complete shower of shite and an utterly Eusless Head coach with a PL winning team and a manager like King Kenny is one feck of a long, long, long stretch.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's about where the squad is, sans Kaminski and A. Wharton. 

I don't disagree but that's where a fine manager would get them performing above the sum of their parts.

As predicted we're going to limp towards safety and will be saved by someone not winning below us.

No way do Plymouth and Birmingham both win next week they are both as bad as us.

Prepare for a horror season next season, possibly the worst in our history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Whatever happens next Saturday, Eustace simply has to go. Not a single home win since he took charge, and we've never really looked like getting one either.

We are set up to try and get a 0-0 every game and never look like scoring. It's appalling. Yes, we have very poor players but so do QPR and Sheff W, but their managers have transformed them.

Fully agree. JDT was the right man...but the foiled him in the summer...we were one goal from the playoffs...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Comes down to who will have both the bottle and the desire.

I am less optimistic than most of the postings on here post match.

My thoughts:

• Brum - they'll kick Norwich off the park to get a result, Brum win
  • Plymouth - who gave them a chance against Leicester?  Hull might have nowt to play for and even if they do, fancy Argyle to get their win
  • Owls - they've shown they have plenty of bottle and desire, can't see then failing to get a point at Sunderland who we hammered  5-1 not too long ago
  • Rovers - Leicester will want to put on a show, think we will be lucky to lose by no more than 3 goals

My huge fear is we hit the bottom three on goal difference for the first time on the last day of the season when it will be all too late to do anything about it.

Sad, depressing and all too worrying times.

Or to play devil’s advocate…

Brum -  failed to beat Rotherham and Huddersfield, draw at best

Plymouth - 2 wins in their last 10 matches, draw at best

Owls - on a roll, draw at worst

Rovers - who gave us a chance against Southampton or Leeds? draw not impossible

18 minutes ago, LDRover said:

A fair point but ultimately Eustace and chaddy can claim the 3rd win and it still be terrible performance.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We did pin them back for most the second half and after them went down to 10 men. 

Coventry didn't need to win and the season is over. Robins didn't need that extra man in midfield cos their season is done and dusted

...And our Manager and Team still couldnt find a way to beat them!

• Like 2

We could have played another 45 minutes at the end, and we still wouldn't have scored.

Playing 5 at the back, with just Gallagher up front, against 10 men and with us doing all of the pushing.
When we had a literal striker on the bench.

Pears managed to kick the ball and didn't throw anything into his own net.

McFadzean had a good game.

Dolan did some good work, but then totally ruined it by adding several unnecessary stepovers, before losing the ball.

Moran was about to score at the death before Gallagher got a touch and took it away from him.

Eustace has shown nothing to suggest he's competent enough to manage Blackburn Rovers.
And despite it looking fairly unlikely next week, I can genuinely see us going down.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also in addition to absolutely no impact in our shoddy corners and free kicks. What are those pathetic long throws about? Our full backs clearly cant throw it far but lets do it anyway.

They're absolutely tragic, aren't they? Should've got MGP to do a long throw training session with Brittain when he was at Ewood a few weeks back. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, London blue said:

A fair point but ultimately Eustace and chaddy can claim the 3rd win and it still be terrible performance.

Oh without a doubt. The points return has been abysmal, it can't be dressed up in any other way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OsloRover said:

I’m 20 years older and almost two feet shorter but I would confidently destroy Gallagher in any physical confrontation every single time through sheer force of will. He has the physical presence of a daffodil-waving milktoothed rainbow-garbed smurf riding a unicorn pony.

Dolan has the attitude but not the physique. Gally has the physique but not the attitude.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Comes down to who will have both the bottle and the desire.

I am less optimistic than most of the postings on here post match.

My thoughts:

• Brum - they'll kick Norwich off the park to get a result, Brum win
  • Plymouth - who gave them a chance against Leicester?  Hull might have nowt to play for and even if they do, fancy Argyle to get their win
  • Owls - they've shown they have plenty of bottle and desire, can't see then failing to get a point at Sunderland who we hammered  5-1 not too long ago
  • Rovers - Leicester will want to put on a show, think we will be lucky to lose by no more than 3 goals

My huge fear is we hit the bottom three on goal difference for the first time on the last day of the season when it will be all too late to do anything about it.

Sad, depressing and all too worrying times.

Couldn’t agree more with this. If I had to outline what I think happens next weekend, it’s exactly this and for these reasons.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

Dolan has the attitude but not the physique. Gally has the physique but not the attitude.

Agreed. Think Dolan bulked up a bit too much and he’s lost some of his agility. I hope there’s a deal lined up for Gally to leave, it’s been long overdue.