BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matteo In Rovers Talks.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, Alan Smith must be delighted to find out that he is being offered as a makeweight in the ManU bid for Rooney.

Isn't that illegal? smile.gif

Can't remember the details, but it's one change of clubs per year or somehing?

Its got to be less than a year- im sure people have moved twice in 13 months. Although it is not in England Hakan Yakin moved between three different teams in the last year.

Any update for this story?

I read in several tabloids over the weekend that he has told close friends that Rovers is his preferred choice

Why do you read the tabloids ?

I read in several tabloids over the weekend that he has told close friends that Rovers is his preferred choice

Tris......why ask rhetorical questions? smile.gif

His injury problems are a real concern - apparently he stopped playing internationals (the dastard!) because the extra games would have shortened his playing career. I'd much rather we got him on loan for a season first to try before we buy - like Babbel, for instance.

Tris......why ask rhetorical questions? smile.gif

I'm proud to say I've never bought a tabloid paper, and I never intend to. It might not dent Murdoch or whoever's bank balance but at least I know I haven't added to it.

BTW. Tris, to take you up on your fine signature - Peter Taylor made Beckham England captain. Sven, as is his want, merely came in and kept things as they were for continuities sake. (And the fact he is petrified of making big decisions).

I'd much rather we got him on loan for a season first to try before we buy - like Babbel, for instance.

Ha ha!

Yeah, that'd go down a storm with Leeds. "We know you're skint, but do you mind if we have him on loan for a season? Whaddya mean 'get knotted'?"

I'd much rather we got him on loan for a season first to try before we buy - like Babbel, for instance.

Ha ha!

Yeah, that'd go down a storm with Leeds. "We know you're skint, but do you mind if we have him on loan for a season? Whaddya mean 'get knotted'?"

to which we respond, "OK, keep him on your wage bill another season."

It was interesting to read what Matteo was saying about his proposed move which was that he wanted to be reunited with his old manager Souey. It has been a forum sport to bash Graeme with tales of player unrest because of his style of management and here we have a player who wants to play for him again. My feeling since souness arrived is that we have got at the helm a man who is well respected in the game and his knowledge and experience are second to none. He has attracted a lot of talent to our club most of which has come off and a minority hasnt but perhaps the overriding conclusion to be drawn in my view is that we are better off with him as manager than without.

It was interesting to read what Matteo was saying about his proposed move which was that he wanted to be reunited with his old manager Souey. It has been a forum sport to bash Graeme with tales of player unrest because of his style of management and here we have a player who wants to play for him again. My feeling since souness arrived is that we have got at the helm a man who is well respected in the game and his knowledge and experience are second to none. He has attracted a lot of talent to our club most of which has come off and a minority hasnt but perhaps the overriding conclusion to be drawn in my view is that we are better off with him as manager than without.

Agreed - also, name 1 decent manager we've had since Kenny, other than Souey? Precisely, none.

Ha ha!

Well Ipswich loaned out Bent, and WBA did the same with Roberts. But I guess if there was any chance of it happening it would have done so by now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.