BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mystery Trialist

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Djorkaeff would be fine. Might not get us 20 goals, but we know he's class. And I know you weren't serious with those names, but I wouldn't say no to Baggio. Yeah he's retired now so absolutely no chance whatsoever (And the chance would've been very slim at best even before he retired), but he's an incredible player. Should be up there when listing the best players ever.. not quite Cruyff, but not far off either.

So people complained when we signed Dickov as he's too old and doesn't score enough goals, now you want Djorkaeff who is older and scores even fewer goals. He scored 9 league goals last season and 7 the season before. Its hardly setting the world alight is it!!!

Fowler for me please

fowler????

what has he done for 5 years now?

souness is hardly renowned for being the master motivator for players that have lost their desire! fowler lost his when he left liverpool.

sadly - a waste of talent

So people complained when we signed Dickov as he's too old and doesn't score enough goals, now you want Djorkaeff who is older and scores even fewer goals. He scored 9 league goals last season and 7 the season before. Its hardly setting the world alight is it!!!

Fowler for me please

not that I would want Djorkaeff but thats 9 goals from midfield I thought, its not bad

fowler????

what has he done for 5 years now?

souness is hardly renowned for being the master motivator for players that have lost their desire! fowler lost his when he left liverpool.

sadly - a waste of talent

his figures at Leeds were excellent, over 1 goal every 2 games. not too bad at all. He's not had the best of times at Citeh but he is playing with one of the greediest strikers in the league.

Fowler for me please

Maybe it's not the SAME people complaining, ever thought about that?

And I'd rather have Fowler than Djorkaeff too, but I don't think he's a bad signing at all.

his figures at Leeds were excellent, over 1 goal every 2 games. not too bad at all. He's not had the best of times at Citeh but he is playing with one of the greediest strikers in the league.

And if Fowler was so supremely good at Leeds, why did he start only 24 games?

And if Fowler was so supremely good at Leeds, why did he start only 24 games?

Terrible fitness and a huge competition for strikers- Viduka, Smith and Keane were all there at the same time.

I think Fowler would be a decent signing if he came on a free and took 25k a week.

I heard that Souness thought he was too young. Watch this space as I believe Souness is now tapping up Snow White to see if we can get "Grumpy" in on loan for the season. Probably cost us about £150k.

I heard that Souness thought he was too young. Watch this space as I believe Souness is now tapping up Snow White to see if we can get "Grumpy" in on loan for the season. Probably cost us about £150k.

I believe negotiations were at an advanced stage when the meeting broke up for elevenses. In came the tea lady with a trolley of coffees, biscuits and Deanofruit. Snow White chose an apple and fell immediately into some sort of coma.

Grumpy is livid about it and is now unlikely to sign.

Happy is delighted that Grumpy is staying put.

Sneezey hasn't had chance to comment.

Bashful hid under the table.

Doc tried to wake Snow White up.

Sleepy saw the chance to grab 40 winks.

and Dickov returned to training.

I believe negotiations were at an advanced stage when the meeting broke up for elevenses. In came the tea lady with a trolley of coffees, biscuits and Deanofruit. Snow White chose an apple and fell immediately into some sort of coma.

Grumpy is livid about it and is now unlikely to sign.

Happy is delighted that Grumpy is staying put.

Sneezey hasn't had chance to comment.

Bashful hid under the table.

Doc tried to wake Snow White up.

Sleepy saw the chance to grab 40 winks.

and Dickov returned to training.

99,9% crap on this forum, no way!!

• 1 year later...

The one that got away!I think he scored 2 goals in a 8-0 win and still Souness could not make his mind up.Rej Volpato, called by some "the new Del Piero", at least partly because he came to Juve from Padova,he is at Siena now and is half owned by Juva.

user posted image

Manchester United have been linked with Siena youngster.The teenage striker is a former Juventus youth team product and is still half owned by the Turin giants. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson sent scouts to watch Volpato play for Siena at Udinese last Sunday, where he hit a brace, and they returned purring over his skill. However, the 19-year-old striker, who has been likened to former Juve striker Pierluigi Casiraghi, is likely to return to the Stadio Delle Alpi at the end of the season.

Edited by unleaded

I think Casiraghi had a horrific injury in what was his second game in English football that ended his career.

387192[/snapback]

No he suffered it about half way through the season after scoring one goal in about fifteen games.

He was awful in England, though a top notch player in Italy and for his national side.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.