BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mystery Trialist

It is Volpato

Page 19 of the LET in the 'Andy Neild's German Diary' column on the right hand side. There is two small pieces; one about how he saw lots of naked people in a German sauna (er...thanks for that Andy) and the other entitled 'Souey anger at Rovers fan'.

Souness - "I believe one of our supporters kindly phoned up a radio station back in Blackburn so the name is out, which is very disappointing."

About the only thing I can find of him on the net (in English anyway) is that he was in the 22-man squad selected for the Italy under-19 squad for the U19 European Championship this year. Unfortunately for him he missed out as when the squad was trimmed down to the final 18 players, he was one of four to be discarded. So it certainly seems he is an Italian U19 international, even if he didn't make it to Euro U19s.

Italy U19s Message Board

If anyone on here speaks Italian they'd be able to find out much more as there is (unsurprisingly) plenty more hits received from his name on Italian language websites.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Volpato

Page 19 of the LET.

Souness - "I believe one of our supporters kindly phoned up a radio station back in Blackburn so the name is out, which is very disappointing."

And it was such a good plan to keep his name a secret - playing him in our first pre-season match in front of hundreds of spectators. Much better than that "closed doors" nonsense at Brockhall where our thousands of insider-info posters would have sussed him in a second.

Thing is, if he hadn't scored any goals no one would have bothered too much!

It's a bit daft, having someone on trial in the first pre-season match (when supporters are gagging for some news); the said someone scores two goals and we're not supposed to be even curious about it. ohmy.gif

Apparently Souness now believes that any bid to sign him have now been jeopardised by the fan that spilled the beans.

I've just read the "Souey anger at Rovers fan" piece by Andy Neild in tonights LET and I think it's outrageous to single out a dedicated fan for criticism like that.

If the player in question is good enough it's Souness's job to sign him up for the club, if not it's his job to send him packing.

It's not his job to criticise incredibly dedicated supporters who have devoted holiday time and spent hard earned cash following the club on a pre season tour.

I really can't see what difference it makes if the player's identity is known is not. All this "secret squirrel" type stuff makes us look rather ridiculous IMO.

Apparently Souness now believes that any bid to sign him have now been jeopardised by the fan that spilled the beans.

I've just read the "Souey anger at Rovers fan" piece by Andy Neild in tonights LET and I think it's outrageous to single out a dedicated fan for criticism like that.

If the player in question is good enough it's Souness's job to sign him up for the club, if not it's his job to send him packing.

It's not his job to criticise incredibly dedicated supporters who have devoted holiday time and spent hard earned cash following the club on a pre season tour.

I really can't see what difference it makes if the player's identity is known is not. All this "secret squirrel" type stuff makes us look rather ridiculous IMO.

Fact is someone connected to rovers must have told the Rovers fan in the first place, hence he should be aiming his anger elsewhere.

And in any case, how can you possibly expect a Rovers fan to keep such a thing quiet - I made the same mistake a few years ago leaking the fact that Kenny was coming back to Rovers and so scuppering the deal. wink.gif

Not as ridiculous as your post Rev laugh.gif

For goodness sake lighten up ... it was probably a comment made in jest.

As the guys who are out there will tell you the staff and players are absolutely brilliant to the fans who travel to pre-season, loads of access, off the record chats and photos etc etc.

FFS next time Souness sneezes at Brockhall and doesn't use a hanky are you going to issue another public reprimand ??

Equally the chances are that if the LET hadn't reported those remarks, which Souness must have made to their reporter, the whole thing would be dead and buried by now. Seems to me that if something is being stated that one doesn't want to draw attention to the best thing is simply to keep quiet about the subject.

Neild was asked not to name the player. Souness appeared to be angry that having gone to the trouble of getting the player to join the squad, having asked the local paper to honour the embargo, he later found out the player's name was mentioned on local radio. Had he gone to the trouble of mentioning it to them or was he just frustrated at himself for another cock-up?

Whichever;he did appear to be frustrated.

Whichever pillock it was may just have cost us an excellent player. I hope you are proud of yourself!

Souness is right to be annoyed at this breach of trust.

If our great manager had told the local radio abouy the embargo maybe they wouldn't have broadcast his name. It is rather pathetic,in my opinion, that Souness is blaming a supporter for what might or might not happen.

If our great manager had told the local radio abouy the embargo maybe they wouldn't have broadcast his name. It is rather pathetic,in my opinion, that Souness is blaming a supporter for what might or might not happen.

FFS grow up

Either it was an off the cuff joke to Andy Neild for his "tour diary" or ... much more likely, Souness has rewarded the fans who have made the effort to travel to the game with some inside information but asked them to keep it to themselves.

The latter is exactly what happened when there were just a handful of us out in Germany in 2000 - Souness left the pre-match warm up to someone else and gave us 30 mins of his time - his exact words were "ask me anything you want" but he made it clear what was not for wider consumption.

Likewise this April the London Branch had a Q and A with John Williams and again - although he hardly blew the lid on any major secrets - there were a couple of times when he asked for titbits of information not to "leak out". There were 30 or so people there, several use this site, nothing has leaked that shouldn't have.

Either way why are the anti-Souness club trying to make something out of what is absolutely nothing. It's not even made it from a BBC Radio Lancs phone in to the BBCi website, it's not even made it to the trashy football news sites - in fact it's not been mentioned beyond this site and a one sentance comment in the inner pages of the LET.

But people who have an agenda are portraying a one liner from Souness - completely unaware of the context in which it was spoken - as yet another sh!t reason to hound him from the club.

You should all get a bloody life, or target someone else. Go find a dodgy neighbour or a child molester or something.

Edited by Tris

It was like that when i got here!!!!

A fan going to a radio station is going to have to expect that within a few seconds it will be around the world and any chance of keeping him to ourselves will have gone! Whether he is good or not has little relevance into why a person would willing hand over a player who we are interested in's name to the media! It does make it hard to keep a deal quiet if its plastered everywhere! Oh by the way everton you know you go in for al lour other targets how about this one.... Oh thanks Mr Media Man! dry.gif Soui Forever cool.gif First attacking the crap attitude of cole & yorke now a fan who didn't think before he did! ph34r.gif

I wonder how the Souness can't do anything right brigade would react if a fan had let the cat out of the bag regarding a big name player and cost us his signing.

It's all a bit silly really. Of course the fans are going to want to know who this mystery fella is that bangs in two goals when our "best" striker is leaving.

It is Souey's and John Williams responsibility to bring the player to the club if they see fit or not as the case may be.

To place blame in advance on a supporter for the player possibly not being signed is pathetic.

It was a match open to the paying public and as far as I know it's still a free country.

If it really was necessary to keep this player's identity a secret a trial and/or match should have been arranged behind closed doors.

All that said though IF Souness had personally addressed every Rovers fan present and asked them not to divulge the identity of the player you would hope they would respect that. If not it's only to be expected the news would filter back sooner rather than later.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

It is Souey's and John Williams responsibility to bring the player to the club if they see fit or not as the case may be.

To place blame in advance on a supporter for the player possibly not being signed is pathetic.

It was a match open to the paying public and as far as I know it's still a free country.

If it really was necessary to keep this player's identity a secret a trial and/or match should have been arranged behind closed doors.

All that said though IF Souness had personally addressed every Rovers fan present and asked them not to divulge the identity of the player you would hope they would respect that. If not it's only to be expected the news would filter back sooner rather than later.

Recently, for better or for worse, Rovers have bagged a host of players who have been courted by other clubs.

In roughly chronological order and with apologies for omissions - Emerton, Ferguson, Gray, Stead, Dickov, De Pedro, Matteo spring to mind. With that record, the concept of Souness blowing a fuse over one fans call to Radio Lancs over "A. Triallist" is completely ridiculous.

Now let's get a little bit serious for a moment.

We just had the Maradona junior saga, which kept a few folk amused for a short while, before he got an imaginary injury, went to Dunfermline, almost signed there, almost went home, almost signed again, played OK on the links at Troon, and finally went home to Italy. Argentina. Sorry, Ewood. Oh, Italy.

In the meantime Rovers are having a bit of a giggle out in Germany. Mystery Triallist racks up a brace. Judas Jordan (48665 consecutive games and counting) tips off the locals back in Blackburn. No Nonsense Neild splashes the exclusive accross column 6 page 19 of the LET.

Spoilsport Souey denounces the dirt dishers and claims his top secret target has been exposed to the visually challenged scouting systems of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Bolton. The £24 million Drogba deal at Chelsea is in danger of collapsing as Mystery Traillist is psycho-analysed by Gerald on his late night Radio Lancs phone in.

At last red top reporter "revelations" Revidge romps in to read the riot act. "What are you doing Souness you fool, Mystery Trialist is the talk of Great Harwood thanks to your indiscrimanate fielding of the boy in a meaningless pre-season game in southern Germany. Why didn't you book the Strangeways gym to give him his run out ? Now even Wendy and Roar know grrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

FFS bring the season on quickly, sane and sound people are posting utter drivel. Normal life is being turned into a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Tris

In the meantime Rovers are having a bit of a giggle out in Germany. Mystery Triallist racks up a brace. Judas Jordan (48665 consecutive games and counting) tips off the locals back in Blackburn. No Nonsense Neild splashes the exclusive accross column 6 page 19 of the LET.

So we're all agreed it's Jordan's fault then?

In the meantime Rovers are having a bit of a giggle out in Germany.  Mystery Triallist racks up a brace.  Judas Jordan (48665 consecutive games and counting) tips off the locals back in Blackburn.  No Nonsense Neild splashes the exclusive accross column 6 page 19 of the LET.

No, it wasnt Jordan.

Sorry Tris, Your out of order there, if people care to read back through the posts there is no mention of Jordan phoning a Radio station.

In fact Jordan got it completely wrong.

Tom Pringle It's Andy Welsh

Text from Jordan, via T4E

In the meantime Rovers are having a bit of a giggle out in Germany.  Mystery Triallist racks up a brace.  Judas Jordan (48665 consecutive games and counting) tips off the locals back in Blackburn.  No Nonsense Neild splashes the exclusive accross column 6 page 19 of the LET.

I don't think Tris is entirely serious with his post but I want to be absolutely clear it WAS NOT Jordan who phoned Radio Lancashire - I know who it was as I heard the broadcast and as far as I'm aware the individual is not a board member. Secondly Jordan did not post the player's name on here - I don't think he was actually capable of that after the game biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I don't think Tris is entirely serious with his post but I want to be absolutely clear it WAS NOT Jordan who phoned Radio Lancashire - I know who it was as I heard the broadcast and as far as I'm aware the individual is not a board member. Secondly Jordan did not post the player's name on here - I don't think he was actually capable of that after the game biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I was having trouble reading what he wrote anyway.... few too many Becks I think!! biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.