BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mystery Trialist

Seeing as we are no nearer discoveringwho our potential new signing is yet, why not have a brainstorm to see whether we can work out who the player is or who has any GENUINE contacts or insider information.

I reckon the player will be aged around 21, of dutch nationality and play as an attacking midfielder.

I also still reckon his name sounds a bit like 'Patto' but maybe not.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture is no clearer this morning.

I wondered if Andy Neild would reveal who it was in his match report. But he doesn't know either.

When asked, Souness was insistent on keeping his identity a secret!

So no-one has come forward with the players name proving once and for all that nobody on this website has genuine inside information or contacts from within.

If this was Blackpool I would just ring up my nephew and would find out the players name within 2 minutes.

Interesting.

• Backroom
If this was Blackpool I would just ring up my nephew and would find out the players name within 2 minutes.

Couldn't you ring him anyway ?? You never know, he might know who it is wink.gif

Couldn't you ring him anyway ?? You never know, he might know who it is wink.gif

He comes home at weekends and in any case he wants to know as much as I do !

So no-one has come forward with the players name proving once and for all that nobody on this website has genuine inside information or contacts from within.

I wouldn't say that.

Have you ever thought that people might know information--or at least be able to find it out--but not always be able to share it on this website?

Kamy would be an excellent example.

If that is the case, is it really such a big deal?

We'll find out who he is in time anyway, on the assumption that we sign him.

No chance

If Kamy or anyone else had the slightest inkling who the mystery man was it would be plastered all over this messageboard.

The possible exception being Lee who would obviously get in trouble with his employers.

No chance

If Kamy or anyone else had the slightest inkling who the mystery man was it would be plastered all over this messageboard.

The possible exception being Lee who would obviously get in trouble with his employers.

Kamy often doesn't share everything he knows because of many reasons:

1) Getting blasted by other members for sharing the info he has

2) Damaging rovers chances of making the deal or getting the player

3) He could get sued for lots of dosh!!!

You can never think that everything someone knows would go straight onto a board that can be read by any body from any club in the world!

We had a similar situation last seaon and nothing came of it. We'll see.

*Well a couple of years ago, as I have just read in the post-match discussion thread. See for more details*

Last pre-season in Austria we trialed Karkouri (sp?) and Simon Gershon.

Karkouri, Algerian international midfielder who play last year for Man City, was kept a secret and I'm quite sure he scored in a big friendly win but Souness still decided against signing him.

And Julian Gray had a good game when on trial with us - so by no means is this mystery man certain to sign. (And don't say Gray was asking for too much money because I don't believe it). wink.gif

BTW: Lee Grooby has said that it was neither Andy Welsh nor that Dutch guy... so unless it's McGoldrick or Maradona Jnr - it could be a completely new player.

EDIT: As mentioned on another thread - the Algerian's name's Kerkar not Karkouri.

Edited by rover6

Latest is that you can also cross off the dutch lad as he is not due at ewood till 26th july (4 day trial)

I found this:

"In short, El Hamdaoui will go to Ewood Park on Monday the 26th for a trial period of four days. Excelsior's technical director (Kelder) made it clear to BR that in case of a transfer El Hamdaoui will cost a considerable amount of money (for our standards). He still has a two-year contract and Excelsior agreed with the trail period only after BR's official invitation.

As for El Hamdaoui, he's young and talented, definitely more of the 'arte' than the 'labore' type "

how about SAVIOLA or KLUIVERT or OVERMARS or in fact anyone else that springs to mind.

The name will get back to us I am sure, I cannot imagine graham souness walking around the ground and telling the 100 or so Rovers fans present at that match not to tell their mates and loved ones about the big hairy geezer who is coming on at half time !!

Lets just wait and see rolleyes.gif

If this players was famous i.e. Kluivert wouldn't everyone recongize him. It is more likely to be a youngester who no ones seen before.

The legend lives on laugh.gif

Edited by grizfoot

how about SAVIOLA or KLUIVERT or OVERMARS or in fact anyone else that springs to mind.

The name will get back to us I am sure, I cannot imagine graham souness walking around the ground and telling the 100 or so Rovers fans present at that match not to tell their mates and loved ones about the big hairy geezer who is coming on at half time !!

Lets just wait and see rolleyes.gif

I'm sure we will find out soon enough, but we aint talking about a bigname player here, thats for sure...

If this players was famous i.e. Kluivert wouldn't everyone recongize him. It is more likely to be a youngester who no ones seen before.

The legend lives on laugh.gif

Exactly.

The LET reporter obviously saw the player at close quarters and doesn't have a clue who he is !

He's obviously an unknown wonderkid or something (another one)

Exactly, if it was a well known player then one of the lads in Germany would have recognised him.

Either way it's no big deal, we have trialists at Brockhall every bloody week rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ossydave

No chance

Kamy often doesn't share everything he knows because of many reasons:

1) Getting blasted by other members for sharing the info he has

2) Damaging rovers chances of making the deal or getting the player

3) He could get sued for lots of dosh!!!

You can never think that everything someone knows would go straight onto a board that can be read by any body from any club in the world!

So you think a posting on this website could scupper the whole deal ?

Some people don't half take this board a little more seriously than they should.

Let's not speculate, we might get sued ! (for loads of dosh)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.