BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whats Happened To Gally?

benhben

Whats happened to Gallagher? We were promised big things last summer. Is he Injured, because i went to watch the reserves against liverpool and he wasnt in the squad. Also jemal Johnson looked quick and skilfull, and Derbyshire has apparently been excellent for the reserves. do you think any of these are near a first team run? as a side note glad to see Jansen scoring, well have to see if he can sustain his place as he was very average for the reserves.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gally's been injured, has had a thigh strain if I recall correctly.

Was in the squad for the Pompey-game, but didn't make the 16 - considering we had Encks, Amoruso, Bothroyd, Tugay and Jansen there it wasn't really that hard to see why.

If Jansen keeps improving (ok, starts improving) and fights for a place - maybe a months loan to another club would do him good?

That is, if Stead, Bothroyd, Jansen and Dickov all play well and is fit.

I know this seems a bit in the blue, but it's just a thought - I don't really think all those four strikers will hit it off that well anyway..

Whats happened to Gallagher? We were promised big things last summer. Is he Injured, because i went to watch the reserves against liverpool and he wasnt in the squad. Also jemal Johnson looked quick and skilfull, and Derbyshire has apparently been excellent for the reserves. do you think any of these are near a first team run? as a side note glad to see Jansen scoring, well have to see if he can sustain his place as he was very average for the reserves.

i saw jemal at the dallas cup shortly after i registered at these forums, and he did a lot to impress me. he really does seem to have all kinds of speed... but in the game i saw, he was maybe TOO fast smile.gif he went offside like 3-4 times, because he completely outran the rest of the game. lol.

i saw jemal at the dallas cup shortly after i registered at these forums, and he did a lot to impress me. he really does seem to have all kinds of speed... but in the game i saw, he was maybe TOO fast smile.gif he went offside like 3-4 times, because he completely outran the rest of the game. lol.

Jemal Johnson has been impressing in reserves. Maybe we should give the lad a chance

Paul will shortly become a father for the first time too, don't know why Souey said bad things about his personal life as he has been settled with a girlfriend for a long time now, living with her and is very responsible these days!

He is currently just coming back from injury but should hopefully be in the squad tonight.

On a similar note, does anyone know what's happened to Jay McEveley

I know he featured against Blackpool on Monday, but apart from a few preseason games, that seems to be the only match he's been involved with this season?

Is he still struggling with the knee injury from last year? Has he picked up a new knock on recovery or is he just struggling for form?

Jay was seemed so promising when he first featured in the first team, but seemed to having difficulty regaining the same form last year, even before the injury.

Also does anyone know who the two lads who are playing in Belgium are doing (Watt + Weaver)?

Call me crazy but I think his future might lie on the right wing or in the hole behind the strikers. No matter what with the revival of Jansen, Emertons improvement, Thompson returning from injury, Dickov's good form and Bothroyd's promise he is certainly up against it up front or deeper

So all is rosy in the rovers garden - nice!

Edited by adam

Call me crazy but I think his future might lie on the right wing or in the hole behind the strikers. No matter what with the revival of Jansen, Emertons improvement, Thompson returning from injury, Dickov's good form and Bothroyd's promise he is certainly up against it up front or deeper

So all is rosy in the rovers garden - nice!

Maybe not that rosy for him. Gallaghers development appears to have stopped imo. In 12 months he's gone from looking a good prospect to looking a very ordinary substitute. GS hinted at something like this. Hughes has publically stated that everyone starts with a clean sheet. So its up to Gally, if he responds then well and good, if he fails to do that then he needs to be shown the door where he will have to find his own level.

Edited by thenodrog

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe not that rosy for him. Gallaghers development appears to have stopped imo. In 12 months he's gone from looking a good prospect to looking a very ordinary substitute. GS hinted at something like this. Hughes has publically stated that everyone starts with a clean sheet. So its up to Gally, if he responds then well and good, if he fails to do that then he needs to be shown the door where he will have to find his own level.

That may well be the case behind closed doors Drog but when he's appeared for the first team you can't fault the lad. Numerous times in the last few months of last season he came on as sub and looked very good although I admit in the games he started he wasn't as effective. Against Newcastle / Man U he should take as much credit as Stead for his part in the equaliser / winner. He should also have earned us a valuable equaliser against MoneyBags Chelsea ( felt good typing that!). Even against Bournemouth this year he came on as a sub and I thought he looked the most likely striker all night.

IMO he's the best prospect weve got. Forgetting sentiment I feel he's more of a blue and white future that Jansen has. With the strikers we've got I don't feel were blessed with natural talent and surely over the next few months he needs a run in the team if fitness levels are OK .

Call me crazy but I think his future might lie on the right wing or in the hole behind the strikers. No matter what with the revival of Jansen, Emertons improvement, Thompson returning from injury, Dickov's good form and Bothroyd's promise he is certainly up against it up front or deeper.

Hey that hole behind our strikers is the defence

In Paul Dickov we have the hardest working forward in the game.

A forwards job isn`t to be the hardest worker, its to score goals at the end of the day.

I`m sure Gallagher would score more than the current forwards being used.

I've been told by a relative of Gally that he is rather over-confident in his own ability and can often come across as bigheaded. Now im not saying that i know all the ins and outs of the current situation with him, but I just wish he'd get his act together and show Hughesy what he can do, cos i'd love to see him back in the team, because i fear that we may be closer than we realise to losing him. unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.