BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrews to Newcastle in exchange for Nolan anyone??

I'd take it.

I know Newcastle are daft but I cant see it happening...surely not even they are that daft?!

Anyway it looks like the Bosnian & Swede are the 2 targets....its just a case of raising the cash for them.

Andrews to Fulham for £3m would resolve 1 of them!

What about selling Reid? He's in the same contract boat as Pedersen, so I would guess that he would be sold before Andrews.

And a point on Andrews, he's a squad player. With the potential thinning of the squad that we're talking about, we still need players that can fill in at a couple of different positions. Andrews, like Emerton, would need to be kept.

At best I reckon we would get:

Pedersen 1 million - contract nearly expired but he has a great reputation outside of the club.

Andrews - 2 million - on paper he's worth a fair bit - international, played regularly for us - let's hope they don't send scouts.

Zurab - 2 million - hard to guage this one. On one hand he's playing championship football and hasn't really featured for us recently, on the other hand he's an international, looked comfortable when playing for us, and brum brought a couple of championship centre halves for stupid money.

Brown - 500k if we are lucky. guess he's done ok with us when he has played. not done much to warrent a fee, but not done anything to damage a fee either.

That gives us 5.5 million, which as Hughsey says plus savings on wages could make it possible. (Although factor in signing on fees, agent fees and the like and we could need to loose another player.) My only concern is that we could be a bit light on numbers. And if Andrews AND Pedersen goes - who will be our hate figure in the team?

I wouldn't worry overmuch about that Blue Blood.....it won't take our resident numpties long to find adequate replacements.

What about selling Reid? He's in the same contract boat as Pedersen, so I would guess that he would be sold before Andrews.

And a point on Andrews, he's a squad player. With the potential thinning of the squad that we're talking about, we still need players that can fill in at a couple of different positions. Andrews, like Emerton, would need to be kept.

A player who has injury after injur for the past 3 seasons?! Who do you honestly think will buy him?! More chance of him just going for free in summer if he doesnt prove himself this season.

Some very interesting times ahead....im quite excited by what im hearing to be honest. Its obvious Sam is trying his best to remove any deadwood from our squad..

A player who has injury after injur for the past 3 seasons?! Who do you honestly think will buy him?! More chance of him just going for free in summer if he doesnt prove himself this season.

Some very interesting times ahead....im quite excited by what im hearing to be honest. Its obvious Sam is trying his best to remove any deadwood from our squad..

There is always a manager out there who thinks they can do better with an injured player. Bellamy was injury prone at Newcastle and look what Hughes did. Someone out there will think their physio and coaching department can do better with him.

If we can get Elm & Ibricic then we will probably need around £7-8m. So sell Zurab, Pedersen & maybe shift Andrews. That should raise £6-7m. We may also be able to sell one of the following 3 on a permanent deal (Treacy, Bunn or Judge).

How are you getting £6-7m for Zurab, Pedersen and Andrews? Pedersen and Andrews are rubbish with Pedersen having 6 months left on his contract in January. Zurab is decent, but he's not going to raise any significant funds. Treacy's contract runs out in the summer also and Bunn doesn't even start for Sheffield Utd.

How are you getting £6-7m for Zurab, Pedersen and Andrews? Pedersen and Andrews are rubbish with Pedersen having 6 months left on his contract in January. Zurab is decent, but he's not going to raise any significant funds. Treacy's contract runs out in the summer also and Bunn doesn't even start for Sheffield Utd.

£3m for Andrews (They offered £2.5m so not unrealistic), £2m Zurab, £1.5m Pedersen........Like I said we may not need to raise that sort of cash if we are saving on wages by something like £50k a week. Pedersen is on big money!! :wacko:

There is always a manager out there who thinks they can do better with an injured player. Bellamy was injury prone at Newcastle and look what Hughes did. Someone out there will think their physio and coaching department can do better with him.

Maybe so...but they wont pay for him. Look at Saha to Everton, he cost them next to nothing and he was top class prior to injury!

We need to be looking at offloading the likes of Reid before Andrews. Andrews might be crap but at least he actually turns up.

Cant see us letting Reid go unless we can replace him with a Freebie, which is highly unlikely in January. Where as Andrews could raise us some much needed capital.

To be fair to Reid he's been fit for most of this season...he just needs games now and then to prove he is over his injuries.

Hughesy, you did this wildly optimistic financial stuff in the summer and got it completely wrong, please don't do it again.

We will never get a combined fee of £3.5 million for Pedersen (6 months on his contract) and Zurab. It would take more than a sale of some fringe players to be able to splash on near £8 million on two players.

• Backroom

I'm sure Zurab will go for closer to £500k if he goes, Pedersen will more than likely reject any offers and leave in the summer on a free with a nice signing on fee for himself. Andrews wont be attracting too many teams at £2million.

In fact as a team we don't have many saleable assests left certainly none that we would want to be shut of.

On the whole, I agree with people on here about the likely low prices for some of our players.

But it still bugs me when you see the prices that very average players are transferred these days.

When we talk about buying we say £5M will buy us an average or 'gamble' type of player. (£6M for Kalinic for example). Yet when we talk about selling we are always saying £1M - £3M max.

We always argue that player prices are highly inflated these days. Let's inflate our prices for a change. Maybe it's time to start talking our players up when the office or bar banter goes on and reset expectation levels for other clubs.

Hughesy, you did this wildly optimistic financial stuff in the summer and got it completely wrong, please don't do it again.

We will never get a combined fee of £3.5 million for Pedersen (6 months on his contract) and Zurab.

Ha - ok £2m might be optimistic for Zurab, but I dont think £1.5m for Pedersen is asking too much - teams like Everton might show an interest and they have spare cash and could well throw some cash around to help them finish around 8th!

Pedersen will more than likely reject any offers and leave in the summer on a free with a nice signing on fee for himself.

I'm not too sure about this. In January, Pedersen will have 6 months left on his contract. He could turn down offers hoping to get a better deal in the summer, but that better deal is highly dependent upon both him staying fit and the prospective purchaser still needing/wanting his services. I suspect that Pedersen would run out the door if he could get a decent multi-year contract in January, if only to ensure his job security. Waiting would be an awful risk to a professional footballer, as I am sure his agent will mention.

Andrews to Newcastle in exchange for Nolan anyone??

I'd take it.

NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!

Kevin Nolan is useless; completely overrated. My very good Wanderers friend slated him for several seasons and grinned at me when Newcastle got relegated because he forecast it as soon as Nolan went there.

NO, a thousand times NO!!

Archived