BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

• Backroom

Adrian Durham believes that Neville should be admired for taking a managerial position abroad and that he should be England's next manager. I assume they are pals.

Or perhaps Neville should be considered a reminder that talking about management and actually doing it are very different things.

• Like 1

Adrian Durham believes that Neville should be admired for taking a managerial position abroad and that he should be England's next manager. I assume they are pals.

A few months ago, Durham was questioning Rooney's position in the England first XI. Last night, he was agreeing that, because Rooney is the captain, he should always be in the first XI.

TalkSport is fun to listen to on the way home from work, but Durham does talk some rubbish.

I had a few barneys with Durham when i used to go on talksport

3 players have joined Chinese clubs this week for big figures.

Ramires for £25m.

Jackson Martinez went for 30m

Alex Texeira for 50m

The ones not named Ramires were touted for big money Premier League moves during the January window.

Are they mercenaries or Beckham like visionaries?

3 players have joined Chinese clubs this week for big figures.

Ramires for £25m.

Jackson Martinez went for 30m

Alex Texeira for 50m

The ones not named Ramires were touted for big money Premier League moves during the January window.

Are they mercenaries or Beckham like visionaries?

Straws in the wind.

The Chinese love football and the country is on the way to becoming the world's biggest economy. Chinese money is increasingly likely to attract the world's best players .

Bad news for the Premier League and European leagues in general

A few months ago, Durham was questioning Rooney's position in the England first XI. Last night, he was agreeing that, because Rooney is the captain, he should always be in the first XI.

TalkSport is fun to listen to on the way home from work, but Durham does talk some rubbish.

To be fair to him - although he's a bit of a muppet - he simply takes a point of view for debate purposes and make a talking point. There are plenty on here guilty of worse. At least Durham doesn't throw it out there and then go home for the day leaving everyone else falling out with each other.

That said, I stopped listening to Talksport a long time ago. About the time when they were backing Kean against then fans funnily enough - when we were a PL team of course, after relegation they couldn't care less.

Won't last, the Chinese game will implode, it hasnt got the infrastructure to keep going and most of these players are going their to make a quick buck, they will soon get sick of it and scidaddle back to Europe.

The owners of the club spending the big money (forgive me, I don't know their name!) are the owners of a company with a 20 billion per year turnover. They can definitely afford to spend 200m a year and not even blink. Problem is they'll have no credible opposition because the other clubs don't have that money.

• Like 1

The owners of the club spending the big money (forgive me, I don't know their name!) are the owners of a company with a 20 billion per year turnover. They can definitely afford to spend 200m a year and not even blink. Problem is they'll have no credible opposition because the other clubs don't have that money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suning_Commerce_Group

Edited by VinjayV4

Idiot "setting the bar high" in the prestigious Singapore league.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features/kean-setting-bar-high-defending-champions-dpmm

Unfortunately I guess Kean's presence there rules out the Sultan of Brunei being a Rovers fan. :( Hopefully next time he comes to UK and goes back there someone slips some drugs in his suitcase.

I don't know why but despite my internal protestations I always click on the links that mention the unmentionable.

Arrrgghhh. Utter thundercunt.

Load of waffle but my favourite part was when he was described as a "former Blackburn Rovers tactician"

Tactician?! Not the first T-word that sprung to mind admittedly.

Move along, nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Saw the game as well, think they'll be the first team to retain the CL in it's current format.

Their front 3 are probably the top 3 players in the world on current form.

Fair play for them for pulling off that penalty. Remember Arsenal trying it against City and getting blasted by Danny Mills after they messed it up.

How times have changed for them lot.

Edited by Salgado Is Still A Hero

I've always been more of a Ronaldo guy than Messi but the fact Messi was one goal away from 300 La Liga goals when he had that penalty just shows what a guy he is, he's a team player and he's an absolute genius. That front three is just absolutely unstoppable, Messi Neymar Suarez over Ronaldo Benzema and Bale any day of the week! 🔥🔥

• Backroom

Idiot "setting the bar high" in the prestigious Singapore league.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features/kean-setting-bar-high-defending-champions-dpmm

Unfortunately I guess Kean's presence there rules out the Sultan of Brunei being a Rovers fan. :( Hopefully next time he comes to UK and goes back there someone slips some drugs in his suitcase.

I hope somebody takes the bar and slams it across his bald head.

• Like 1

I saw the penalty incident and wondered if it was even legal. A few Celta players were having a word or two with the referee. I think they were as confused as I was! But, if you think about it, don't you think it's an unfair thing to do? Now a penalty shoot, for me, gives you a 50/50 chance of scoring a goal. Unless you happen to be very good in which case the odds might tilt in your favour. Now, if you do what Messi did, it's just a simple tap in from 4 or 5 yards for a fellow teammate and will almost always result in a goal considering the opponent players don't usually mark for such eventualities and just stand there going through the motions and the goalkeeper would have already dived leaving an open end to aim at. Some guy on twitter also reckoned it was offside? I'm assuming Suarez was stood in front of all Celta players, at the edge of the box?

Edited by roversoutsider

• Backroom

I saw the penalty incident and wondered if it was even legal. A few Celta players were having a word or two with the referee. I think they were as confused as I was! But, if you think about it, don't you think it's an unfair thing to do? Now a penalty shoot, for me, gives you a 50/50 chance of scoring a goal. Unless you happen to be very good in which case the odds might tilt in your favour. Now, if you do what Messi did, it's just a simple tap in from 4 or 5 yards for a fellow teammate and will almost always result in a goal considering the opponent players don't usually mark for such eventualities and just stand there going through the motions and the goalkeeper would have already dived leaving an open end to aim at. Some guy on twitter also reckoned it was offside? I'm assuming Suarez was stood in front of all Celta players, at the edge of the box?

It won't happen in a shootout because everyone's on the halfway line.

Offside can't be given because Suarez is behind Messi. Doesn't the player have to be ahead of the ball as well as the defence?

• Like 1

Offside can't be given because Suarez is behind Messi. Doesn't the player have to be ahead of the ball as well as the defence?

Sorry, I didn't mean a shootout. I just meant a penalty in general.

Doesn't the guy passing the ball have to be behind the defence? It's extremely difficult to defend against and I'm surprised others don't try it as much, particularly if you have sub-par penalty takers. Difficult to pull off perfectly, I suppose.

Tough one, Mike. That is the rule, and a professional referee was stood 2 yards away, but "some guy on Twitter" reckons otherwise so I'm no longer sure. :unsure: Edited by Stuart

I think that's correct.

I seem to remember Mourinho going ape on the sidelines against us one time when they had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside, after a Chelsea player was through on goal but squared it for another player to tap in. Should have stood because he was behind the ball.

Suarez was behind the ball but ahead of the last line of defence. Yes, it was onside, I feel.

But, correct me if I am wrong, doesn't the ball player have to be behind the last defender? In this case, Messi had only the goalkeeper ahead of him. Suarez might well have been onside but I reckon the ball has to be played in from a position before the last defender? Or atleast that's what the crux of the argument is on the net. Actually pretty interesting few thoughts and exchanges about it on Twitter and FB. A guy who was at the stadium said the linesman called over the referee for a word after the goal was scored probably clarifying the same.

Or is this all barmy and have these guys(me included) understood the offside rule wrong? But my point was more a general one. Why do teams not try this often? You have a simple tap in compared to a 50/50 penalty. Shouldn't be allowed is what I think.

Suarez was behind the ball but ahead of the last line of defence. Yes, it was onside, I feel.

But, correct me if I am wrong, doesn't the ball player have to be behind the last defender? In this case, Messi had only the goalkeeper ahead of him. Suarez might well have been onside but I reckon the ball has to be played in from a position before the last defender? Or atleast that's what the crux of the argument is on the net. Actually pretty interesting few thoughts and exchanges about it on Twitter and FB. A guy who was at the stadium said the linesman called over the referee for a word after the goal was scored probably clarifying the same.

Or is this all barmy and have these guys(me included) understood the offside rule wrong? But my point was more a general one. Why do teams not try this often? You have a simple tap in compared to a 50/50 penalty. Shouldn't be allowed is what I think.

Suarez could only be offside if he was closer to the goal line than the ball i.e. ahead of the ball. He has to be behind the ball at the taking of a penalty and 9.15 metres away (as have all the players). This makes it impossible to be offside.