BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big question is, what will happen once Best returns?

Surely we'll have to revert to two strikers as surely even Kean can't leave either one of our two marquis summer sigings out?

I bloomin' well hope so as I hate playing with one striker, especially at home.

As for the signing itself I echo the other poster who says it is as exciting a signing as we've had since Shearer signed. And that is in no way attempting to overstate the lad's ability or pretend he is better than the likes of Bellamy etc.

In the same way as the sale of Samba was imo the tipping point last season, hopefully this move will be the turning point and the thing that gives us the bit extra required this season.

This time in the right direction.

Take it he'll take petrovic's #11 shirt?

He had a training shirt on with number 22 on it this afternoon. :tu:

Scotland fans aren't too pleased about the move either!

http://taboard.com/f...pic=139756&st=0

That's cos they know Kean is a joke......Rangers fans have always hated him as well haha.

"What's all this club in free-fall pish? They've got a Premiership squad and Huddersfield have got a league one squad. Blackburn will finish higher up the league than Huddersfield, and Rhodes will get a game every week in a club going all out for promotion. Not a great move, but not a disaster."

"not the club i have issues with but the manager, not sure what he will learn under kean as he is quite frankly a terrible manager. if Kean were to get the bullet and someone decent brought in the move could suddenly look alot better for him imho"

I'm not sure about the valuation. I know I should be happy but just can't get excited. I do hope he turns out to be the next Shearer (because £8m means he should be). Adebayor was a mere £5m!

I'm always concerned when we give a loon some money, reminds me of Brian Kidd all over again. PLEASE Jordan, be worth the money!!

I'm not sure about the valuation. I know I should be happy but just can't get excited. I do hope he turns out to be the next Shearer (because £8m means he should be). Adebayor was a mere £5m!

I'm always concerned when we give a loon some money, reminds me of Brian Kidd all over again. PLEASE Jordan, be worth the money!!

Remember, Kidd gave us Matty Jansen!!

Not sure who's going to be doing the Huddersfield preview when we play them but may be worth getting Ben involved in a Q&A or something.

Tis I, and tbh, working on a bank of 6 desks of which 3 occupants are Town season ticket holders I have enough material to go at.

Speaking of the trio of Town fans, between them they have almost 50 years season tickets between them, and they are all embarrassed by Down At The Mac website. One of them has actually been banned for questioning the offensive nature of posts, and another deleted his account for similar reasons. The third doesn't visit there, as its "full of the worst of Towns fans" so don't think its a representative site!

Remember, Kidd gave us Matty Jansen!!

Thank You, something to cling onto! :tu:

Let's hope he's not one of his others!

Ashley Ward £4.5m

Jason McAteer £4.5m

Egil Ostenstad £4.25m

Per Frandsen £2.25m

Adebayor was a mere £5m!

I heard this argument advanced on Talksport today. It sounds absurd at first. On the other hand Adebayor will be on at least 3x the money Rhodes is (costing an extra 2-3m p.a. in wages) and I think is 28 whereas Rhodes is 22.

In four years time Adebayor will be relatively worthless whereas Rhodes will be at the peak of his value if he continues to perform.

One is a rapidly depreciating asset. Rhodes however might well appreciate in value if he continues to perform.

I heard this argument advanced on Talksport today. It sounds absurd at first. On the other hand Adebayor will be on at least 3x the money Rhodes is (costing an extra 2-3m p.a. in wages) and I think is 28 whereas Rhodes is 22.

In four years time Adebayor will be relatively worthless whereas Rhodes will be at the peak of his value if he continues to perform.

One is a rapidly depreciating asset. Rhodes however might well appreciate in value if he continues to perform.

I also heard it on talk sport earlier. It just made me think for a moment. I do hope he turns out to be a good un.

Thank You, something to cling onto! :tu:

Let's hope he's not one of his others!

Ashley Ward £4.5m

Jason McAteer £4.5m

Egil Ostenstad £4.25m

Per Frandsen £2.25m

McAteer was OK, still remember his goal at Burnley, turned the season round!!

Just made my first chant ever

Jordan Rhodes, take us home, to the place, we belooooong, premier league, top flight mama, take us hoooome, jordan rhodes

Jordan Rhodes, take us home, to the place, we belooooong, premier league, for Jack Walker, take us hoooome, jordan rhodes

Archived