BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

21 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I just hope that Johnson gets the top job here some day, as opposed to being poached by another club. I presume he is on the radar of many bigger clubs as an under 23 coach 

Possibly. I wonder what the attraction (beyond salary) there would be for a youth team manager to go to another club though. The youth set up at Rovers appears to be as good as (almost) anywhere, with an excellent record of getting our youngsters into the first team. He seems to have a pretty genuine emotional attachment to the club too.

Obviously being made head of youth development at United/Liverpool/Man City would be one thing, but where else? Don't think we need to worry about the Newcastles of this world poaching him in a way that we might have done with a manger or player.

1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I'm not sure if she's those things but she's a woman who puts up with a man who's dedication to a football club is beyond obsession. Not many of those around!

This discussion has utterly lost me...context?

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

This discussion has utterly lost me...context?

The talk is about John Pittard who is Rovers most ardent supporter. And to support that statement I can tell you that he hasn't missed a game since 1973. That includes friendlies and testimonials..

Personally I think the club should recognise incredible loyalty like that.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Birdy too, of course! I have him on Facebook and I always chuckle when on say a Tuesday afternoon he’ll be checking in at Norwich’s training ground for a youth game!

I saw him and his Mrs before a pre season game a few years back - In Sydney! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Davenport is back from deaths door to start for the under 23s tonight against Everton. 

ROVERS: Albinson, C. Doyle, Magloire (c), Annesley, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Davenport, Mols, Paton, Butterworth, Vale.

Subs: Eastham, Carter, Saadi, Whitehall, Piliukaitis.

Davenport got 60 mins under his belt tonight might get some more on monday

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

We have some serious talent in the under 23s. Very excited.

Mols, Rankin-Costello, Piliukautis, Butterworth, Vale all look brilliant.

Hopefully Tony gets them a game towards the end of the season.

Haven’t seen much of the Lithuanian lad at the U23 level to be fair. Vale was good, driving at Everton. Jack Evans coming back as well.

other news: last season’s captain hardcastle has gone out on loan again and fisher too. Hardcastle reminds me a lot of Travis