BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

I am listening to a full replay of the Radio Lancs programme.

Sutton is immense and has the Vs and Senior well marked...when talking about Coyle and Senior and the recent transfer window "one of them is lying.....I know who my money is on" ...superb.

Sutton SAS .... SUPER "A" STAR

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mick said:

The Mirror is saying that Tim Sherwood is to return as manager. 

Was going to post about their guess.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-set-emotional-blackburn-9864811#ICID=sharebar_facebook

His stock has fallen far enough now, I suppose.

I love his passion but it tends to be seasoned stalwarts like Warnock that rescue teams from where we are right now.

Venkys' timing has been out of sync with the rest of football since 2010 though, so why change now!

Just now, Stuart said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-set-emotional-blackburn-9864811#ICID=sharebar_facebook

I love his passion but it tends to be seasoned stalwarts like Warnock that rescue teams from where we are right now.

Venkys' timing has been out of sync with the rest of football since 2010 though, so why change now!

I dont think Sherwood should be hired.. i agree, we cant take chances anymnore. Personally i would have no problem with Nigel Adkins, while boring, he will or should at least shore up the defense. The same applies to Mcleish, while not everybodys cup of tea, he would organise things better at this level. To be honest, i really dont know what will happen next and thats the scary part

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Not really. Bowyer did a fine job in a similar position. It's about getting the right man, not the right reputation.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Not really. Bowyer did a fine job in a similar position. It's about getting the right man, not the right reputation.

Completely agree.  We need to find another like Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee or Jim Smith.  Indeed a Bob Saxton would be more than welcome at this stage.

'Dignity'

Oft used phrase in the Kean era I recall.

Aye, he was very 'dignified' at Barnsley stating that Rovers fans had an 'agenda' for wanting better on their Boxing Day.

He was most 'diginifed' calling the fans 'f*ckers' as the tide FINALLY turned at home to QPR (months later than most fans would have gone after him)

'Lucky' to even get a Championship job would be my phrase.

Just now, michaelscarn said:

Do you not think he had the squad to do better ? Maybe we see things differently depending who we sit with 

Even though you're 'new here' (you were at pains to point this out) you seem to have focussed straight in on specific posters with your little quips/digs. Personal vendetta's normally develop over time on here, they don't normally arrive fully-formed;)

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am listening to a full replay of the Radio Lancs programme.

Sutton is immense and has the Vs and Senior well marked...when talking about Coyle and Senior and the recent transfer window "one of them is lying.....I know who my money is on" ...superb.

Sutton SAS .... SUPER "A" STAR

Better late than never  that we have  these ex players etc now speaking out -  but why now  (as Abbey and others have called for  for absolutely ages) - what has changed ?

Where have they been for the last 6 years?

Not a Coyle fan    so bittersweet moment as  he should not have been installed anyway and the timing of it ahead of the Burton match seems ludicrous really    - and sacked after possibly the best performance of the season as not much anybody can really do  to change anything   - matters not  who we get in  - the last 6 years and number of managers tells the all the story  about what anybody needs to know.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Even though you're 'new here' (you were at pains to point this out) you seem to have focussed straight in on specific posters with your little quips/digs. Personal vendetta's normally develop over time on here, they don't normally arrive fully-formed;)

New to post but long time observer , and even longer sufferer(in some cases)

theres no harm in highlighting a subtext or two . It's up to those concerned to elaborate should they wish

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Completely agree.  We need to find another like Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee or Jim Smith.  Indeed a Bob Saxton would be more than welcome at this stage.

It was nice to see Mick Rathbone praising Bob Saxton in the Guardian article the other day. It was the likes of Saxton, Don Mackay and Bill Fox that laid the foundations for 1995. Without them we'd have been dying a slow death in the 3rd or 4th division like the rest of our local rivals.

As for our next boss I'd be tempted to go for the best League 1 or 2 manager out there, someone young and hungry enough to take on a big long-term challenge, with a remit to keep us up and develop young players. Parkinson at Bolton, Hill at Rochdale or that bloke at Sheff Utd have all proved themselves over time in the lower leagues. Whether they'd come is a different matter.

Just now, michaelscarn said:

It's only natural to support those involved in the circles we move in 

I'm still not sure what you are on about.  I go to games with mates who've I gone to games with for years - none of whom are involved in professional football.  Like so many on here you seem to think that supporting the club means you must be involved with the club at some level.  I support the club I've supported for fifty-odd years nothing more and nothing less and will continue to do so for as long as I can. 

Just now, bob fleming said:

Couldn't believe these when I read it.  Has the LT been infiltrated by undercover SEM agents? Akin to the new Pravda

Archived