BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on merit, he had to go, in spite of a good performance on Sunday. Does anybody else feel completely underwhelmed, though? The thought of who will win the internal battle to appoint the next unsuitable candidate makes everything completely flat. We've been here before. :(

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Amazing that first news came from the Club website with no prior leak.

Seems well organised and totally unlike Rovers these days. Strangely worrying.

Paul Senior running the show?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Disagree on the timing point. Should have gone a while ago but given that he was here up to now I wouldn't have risked getting a new man or Dunn/Johnson off to a bad start by getting whipped by Man Ure.

In my view a change was vital before the fixtures against Wigan and Burton though. Would have been pointless failing to win or losing them then appointing someone else.

We shouldn't be giving it to Johnno and Dunny at this stage.  They have the potential to be a great coaching team but not now.  I suspect they would decline if asked.  If a new man comes in tomorrow it's a big ask to prepare the team within a day or so for the game at Burton.  Clearly, whoever comes in is going to be head coach and work under Senior so would people like Warburton or Rowett be prepared to act as a head coach and not a manager?  I suspect it will be a coach who is already known to Senior.

I couldn't care less who we get next, its irrelevant, this club is setup to fail and will continue to do so whilst those idiots names are above the door.

But I think we're due a mad appointment next, bit like Zenga coming into Wolves which was utter madness, watch this space.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Nail on head.

Venky and Senior revenge.

Got to feel for Jim White costing his mate his job

ROFL

What price now another Jim White or Charlie Nicholas attack on Venkys again eh ?

Mixed feeling about this. Yes, we should have better manager. Still our performances (despite of our poor defending) has been quite ok or even really good. Still, we don't have points to prove that.

By selling best players one by one, you end up losing.

I fear nothing really changes. No respectful manager wants to join a club which is spinning down. Owners are worst in history of football. And players are not good enough to compete in Championship  

They should have sacked him before end of the last year with manager selected to replace him. He could have been utilizing transfer window well. 

Bright side: perhaps Venkys don't want to own League One team...

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

"Not really the time for point scoring........." but you have done so anyway. In fact, it's rather remarkable it has taken this long for him to be sacked. Let's take a look at their previous history shall we:

Steve Kean - took far too long to sack.

Appleton - Sacked extremely early.

Berg - Sacked extremely early.

Bowyer - Sacked unreasonably.

Coyle - Took far too long to sack.

What do Coyle & Kean have in common? Their links to an agency that many believe have an under the radar influence in our club. No conspiracy theory has biten the dust at all. Pointless and stupid comment by you in all honesty.

Only in response to comments pointlessly being dug out from when he was appointed.

He's only been in charge 31 games so whilst we can all agree it was a bad appointment he's only been here a few games longer than he should have been unless you want to revert to managers being sacked every 10 games which it seems you don't. 

Completely disagree GB was sacked unreasonably as well. Should have been replaced long before he was, probably with 10 or 12 games left of the previous season to allow the new man to assess things.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh dear. Conspiracy theory *456 bites the dust. The supposedly "unsackable" Owen Coyle who the owners allegedly didn't have the authority to sack is sacked!   ( Following the similarly "unsackable" Steve Kean out of the building. ) LOL. 

Kean resigned and Coyle is "mutal consent", not an outright sacking. Try again.

Just now, sjsbrfc said:

I bet Nixon is sobbing in a corner

Apparently he hasn't been taking it well on twitter so expect a scathing piece in his rag very soon. His agency backhanders drying up again !

Unless they plonk Freedman in next :o

Archived