BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

Just now, Torgeir said:

They must have someone lined up this time, and whoever will be watching from the stands on Friday is my guess. They've been through this a few times now, and although he should have been sacked a long time ago (or never appointed for that matter), the proper timing for this move was last week and not now after a positive display in a televised game. 

That is my take on the situation although maybe they didn't want the new man in situ before the cup game, in case we took a real tonking.  I also think that this has been coming for a while but civil war has been raging but maybe came to a conclusion last week culminating in a lot of press and media speculation.  Looks like the Indians have prevailed over the coyboys (Agents).  If this is the case, expect much negative press coverage over the next few weeks as agents have friends in the media.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of when Kean went - although I don't feel as euphoric for some reason. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a case of "don't let the door hit you on the way out" but the timing is odd. Can't help but think that it's Senior's influence as much as it was Singh back then. Like Jim, I'd suggest this decision was made a couple of weeks ago - given how long it takes Venkys to sign off on anything. Maybe it was leaked out and that was the catalyst for Jim White's We're Coming For You(tm) episode.

I don't mind at all having Johnson and Dunn in charge for the next game. I've already resigned myself to relegation so giving some experience to a few youngsters would be good. Best case they provide some Jon Stead style momentum and exuberance. Worst case there is some prep ready for next season in League One.

Glad Coyle is gone. Would be happier if it was due to new owners but I'll take it as a consolation prize.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Allow me a few days of  misplaced optimism. I'm full of renewed hope and won't be underwhelmed until the appointment is actually announced.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Rev! Just don't forget what happened even when we appointed Lambert. As Gav says, it seems irrelevant while these owners are in situ.

Just now, 4000Holes said:

That is my take on the situation although maybe they didn't want the new man in situ before the cup game, in case we took a real tonking.  I also think that this has been coming for a while but civil war has been raging but maybe came to a conclusion last week culminating in a lot of press and media speculation.  Looks like the Indians have prevailed over the coyboys (Agents).  If this is the case, expect much negative press coverage over the next few weeks as agents have friends in the media.

That would be a win win situation for us fans then. 

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Its gives us a chance to catch our breath before the long slog of 15 games.

Any new manager will get at least 50% more productivity from the team.

I'd like to believe that but I'm unconvinced we've scraped the bottom of the barrel yet.

Just now, 4000Holes said:

There was also talk that information was leaked to Talksport via Coyles agent.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Id say it takes 6 weeks to get fitness levels up but by just playing players in correct positions and the bounce factor alone Im sure it will. 

I've forgotten what the bounce factor is like. Can anyone remember the last time we had it?

Good that he's gone but should have happened before Christmas.Talk of him not being backed for me is irrelevant...Coyle was not good enough.

We now go into crucial games managerless,how our players will react is anyone's guess.

Which Manager with any credibility will come here?

Circus :wacko: Ewood rolls on...

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I feel it's the complete opposite. With (the decision already made), White was just looking out for his stablemate and pointing the finger of blame solely at the door of the V's.  The whole of Jim White's input on that show stunk of fakery.  I think we are jointly owned/run and neither party or any of the hangers on have Rovers' best interests at heart.

Great post Pedro hope many supporters read your post.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Not puzzling at all. This is venky agenda. The owners are absolutely clueless.

Who will be taking training tomorrow and preparing the team for Friday's must win game ?

57 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

We shouldn't be giving it to Johnno and Dunny at this stage.  They have the potential to be a great coaching team but not now.  I suspect they would decline if asked.  If a new man comes in tomorrow it's a big ask to prepare the team within a day or so for the game at Burton.  Clearly, whoever comes in is going to be head coach and work under Senior so would people like Warburton or Rowett be prepared to act as a head coach and not a manager?  I suspect it will be a coach who is already known to Senior.

@#/? they'd decline, absolutely nothing to lose.

Archived