BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, punerover said:

I would imagine the sacking came NOT because we lost to MANURE but the way we lost in terms of the types of goals we conceded.

Yeah, that must be it. Terrible goals to concede. So different to the other 49 we've let in this season. 

Just now, bob fleming said:

Yeah, that must be it. Terrible goals to concede. So different to the other 49 we've let in this season. 

:lol:

21 minutes ago, punerover said:

I would imagine the sacking came NOT because we lost to MANURE but the way we lost in terms of the types of goals we conceded.

It's just amazing to think how much better our league position would've been if those 49 goals were 30-yard screamers instead. :(

Just now, punerover said:

Agreed. But to put things into perspective, Norwich are 7th in the table just below the playoffs and they have conceded 47.

That's very true. They've also scored 58 though (compared to our 36), which is a massive bonus. Along with 15 wins (v 7). They haven't been stuck in the bottom 3 practically all season either. I think what I'm getting at is that there are plenty of reasons to have removed Coyle, rather than the manner of the two goals conceded on Sunday - one of which was scored by a player who earns more in a week than spent by the football club (that Venkys claim to run) on players in the last four transfer windows.

5 hours ago, SamTheLeedsRover said:

Couldn't believe these when I read it.  Has the LT been infiltrated by undercover SEM agents? Akin to the new Pravda

I know the guy who said he did a good job. He never has anything bad to say about rovers. No matter what.

i met owen years ago maybe 15 years ago,his lad used to play football for wilpshire wanderers whilst my lad was with mill hill,they were different age groups but he was there every week watching his lad obviously when the dingle fixtures allowed.he took some stick and gave some back,after all we were there watching our lads,he was a pretty decent guy always spoke,and if his lads game half time was before ours he would have a butchers at our game,ask who your lad was etc.

rovers were a renouned premier team and bumley were knocking around the top six in the champs,never entered my head he would be our manager and when he became rovers manager i thought maybe he might do something but how wrong i was,never had a chance,wrong appointment out of his depth and turned into a bloody liar,what people do for money.

Just now, blue kiwi said:

i met owen years ago maybe 15 years ago,his lad used to play football for wilpshire wanderers whilst my lad was with mill hill,they were different age groups but he was there every week watching his lad obviously when the dingle fixtures allowed.he took some stick and gave some back,after all we were there watching our lads,he was a pretty decent guy always spoke,and if his lads game half time was before ours he would have a butchers at our game,ask who your lad was etc.

rovers were a renouned premier team and bumley were knocking around the top six in the champs,never entered my head he would be our manager and when he became rovers manager i thought maybe he might do something but how wrong i was,never had a chance,wrong appointment out of his depth and turned into a bloody liar,what people do for money.

His record over the last few years should have told you all you needed to know.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

His record over the last few years should have told you all you needed to know.

never wanted him as manager just telling it how it was,surely there must be wilpshire based menbers that know him.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As a footnote to this Nixon obviously didn't have a clue Mowbray was going to be appointed when he accused Rovers fans of being naive on twitter for expecting us to have someone lined up to replace his bum chum. 

He also said this morning that Lowe was in as number two to Adkins as they both have friends in high places at ewood..presume he meant Senior.Finished the tweet by saying Dunny had been snubbed so had no idea he would be first team coach

Just now, islander200 said:

He also said this morning that Lowe was in as number two to Adkins as they both have friends in high places at ewood..presume he meant Senior.Finished the tweet by saying Dunny had been snubbed so had no idea he would be first team coach

So just to confirm, Nixon knew the square root of f*** all on this one!?

I'm shocked.

6 hours ago, punerover said:

I'd imagine he was sacked already but Venkys hadn't got round to doing it.

Archived