BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What are the directors there thinking of ? The games gone mad.

Tell me about it. There are levels of bonkers.

At least no clubw ould be stupid enough to take on a manager won 0 in 10 and took Coventry 3 points adrift at the foot of league one........

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

At least no clubw ould be stupid enough to take on a manager who lost 10 on the spin and took Coventry 3 points adrift at the foot of league one........

Who lost 10 on the spin?

49 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What are the directors there thinking of ? The games gone mad.

Coyle is ex Motherwell player isn't he

At least no clubw ould be stupid enough to take on a manager who lost 10 on the spin and took Coventry 3 points adrift at the foot of league one........

No club would be stupid enough a manager with a Plan A and Plan B. Plus a manager trying to give the team a style of play and structure to the play with the ball and without the ball. shock horror!!!

Just now, RV Blue said:

6 draws, hardly the worst run of form ever. 

Faint praise indeed. 3 points adrift at the foot of the table and have never recovered from it. I suppose he's used to working for idiots .

Yet another 2nd coming hailed by Chaddy. ;)

In 6 months we could be just where Coventry are.

I truly hope this time you are right. We'll see.

Yet again not giving a him a chance and let at what he has done so far

Who knows where we will be in 6 months time. Just take it game by game.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again not giving a him a chance and let at what he has done so far

Who knows where we will be in 6 months time. Just take it game by game.

For someone who has been burnt so many times you'd think you would realise that history dictates the future in the huge majority of cases. Leopards rarely change their spots.

League 1 in 6 months and probably not the top half. I just feel it in my bones :(

15 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Faint praise indeed. 3 points adrift at the foot of the table and have never recovered from it. I suppose he's used to working for idiots .

If they did recover from it you'd use that as a stick to beat him with as well... 8th last season with that basket case is very decent indeed.

For someone who has been burnt so many times you'd think you would realise that history dictates the future in the huge majority of cases. Leopards rarely change their spots.

League 1 in 6 months and probably not the top half. I just feel it in my bones :(

Our assorted collection of merceneries will now rally round for the sake of their own careers with the end of the season in sight. If we can keep a few clean sheets we should be fine. We are only looking to move up one place and stay there. Doesn't change things longer term, but this squad is more than good enough to stay up. 

Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

this squad is more than good enough to stay up. 

How long do we keep up this folly? Coyle was beyond useless and it was worth a punt replacing him as he was 110% taking us down, and a new man 'might' give us the faint boost we need to catch similarly crap teams at the bottom (hopefully Mowbray bucks his long downward managerial trend). But as far as the 'we are too good to go down' myth is concerned the table doesn't lie. This squad have been relegation fodder for 7 months. Whilst the last manager was abysmal (and obvious to most from the day he was hired) it's still the responsibility of the players once they take to the pitch.

I did until Tuesday, but I have hope after seeing a more motivated, resilient and hardworking team with a plan A and B.

Even if we are relegated, it's hardly the full responsibility of Tony Mowbray. I almost felt the appointment had that possible eventuality in mind. He knows both leagues, top and bottom. Hardly inspiring to think but the mess is obvious, take Venkys negligence and throw in the multiplying factor of joke managers like Steve Kean and the more recent Coyle. Put the brackets round that equation and slap on another multiplier of a structure that's not worth the price of paper in contracts they've probably written themselves.

All in all, Mowbray is probably only a flickering light at the end of a long tunnel but it's more than I've seen in 10 months. Despite the problems ahead, I have some comfort in the simple fact that a passionate proven football man is in charge of the playing side. It's not happened a lot in 6 years, I gave GB the benefit of doubt and still thank him for his input but I never claimed he was proven.

Ofcourse I, we, all of us could be probably burned once more. At least (if what I read here is true) Tony doesn't drink, so we probably won't hear any poor mobile phone footage of "oohhh Jason Lowe" and "we will win a trophy, crook etc".

One question remains, does he have a dog? 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Coventry are a considerably bigger basket case than we are. If you can actually believe that. 

Apart from the stadium situation then no not really they aren't they are just a few more years down the line than us.

Until the scum leave the destination will always be down. We may be saved by the virtue of there being 3 other teams who are worse than our deadlegs but it will only put off the inevitable and in 12 months we'll be back in the drop zone again but this time we'll be adrift. I can't see any available manager out there stopping it. :(

34 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

How long do we keep up this folly? Coyle was beyond useless and it was worth a punt replacing him as he was 110% taking us down, and a new man 'might' give us the faint boost we need to catch similarly crap teams at the bottom (hopefully Mowbray bucks his long downward managerial trend). But as far as the 'we are too good to go down' myth is concerned the table doesn't lie. This squad have been relegation fodder for 7 months. Whilst the last manager was abysmal (and obvious to most from the day he was hired) it's still the responsibility of the players once they take to the pitch.

You've answered your own argument. Beyond useless. Abysmal. Last manager.

I personally believe this is a lower mid-table squad underachieving due to the quality of management, lack of clarity and abscence of professional direction and coaching required at this level. 

Flapping thinking we are down already is crazy with so many points to play for. Plus the other teams can't buy a win and we can't be any worse. We'll hopefully stop conceeding so many and it will help. If its not enough blame the beyond useless guy as the new guy is averaging 0.5 goals conceeded and 2 points per game.

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

To be fair, he didn't say we are too good to go down. He said the squad is more than good enough to stay up. Which it is. We have lacked a leader and tactics for months. A better manager would have got better results with these players. 

it beggars belief that coyle can roll up and get another job,so wrong were people who said this would be his last job etc,talk about jobs for the boys,my lad suffered a serious ankle injury,was off work for 3 weeks and was sacked yesterday for having 3 weeks off,he tried to return to work after a week but his manager said he needed a return to work note,which his doctor would not give him,i wonder if his doc will pay him his 18k a year.

10 hours ago, koi said:

It's beyond belief he could get a gig at any venue other than in the middle or far east.

The Middle and Far East go for quality managers which they can easily afford. Apart from one well despised twxx.

This rules out Coyle who is also better of going somewhere where they may have some idea WTF he is saying.

Archived