BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Psychosoma said:

I thought Coyle was quite respectful of the club tbh. He could have piled it on, been bitter and critical but he chose not to. He was right to say the owners need to be more transparent, he didnt try and undermine Senior and he was right that he has brought in a couple of really good players.

Wrong man at the wrong club at the wrong time, but seems like a nice bloke and I wish him well, though I'd be shocked it anyone hired him again!

Bit naive that. He said he wasn't going to be 'bitter and twisted' and that was how he played it. It was pure PR.

He aimed a sly dig at the fans who were actually very patient with someone so incompetent.

He was right about the players and for that he should take some credit. The gutless football and lack of fitness they showed does Coyle no favours. Nor did the results.

As for Senior, Coyle actually said something interesting for once i.e. that Senior was in charge of 'operations' at the club. Above Cheston and Pasha? Seems a hefty promotion for someone who has only ever been a glorified scout before. Coyle then said 'we'll see how Paul does' in quite a bitter way, ironically:)  

So glad Coyle has gone. The inanity of the interview and his punditry were like bad acid flashbacks. 

To quote Macbeth:-

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Bit naive that. He said he wasn't going to be 'bitter and twisted' and that was how he played it. It was pure PR.

He aimed a sly dig at the fans who were actually very patient with someone so incompetent.

He was right about the players and for that he should take some credit. The gutless football and lack of fitness they showed does Coyle no favours. Nor did the results.

As for Senior, Coyle actually said something interesting for once i.e. that Senior was in charge of 'operations' at the club. Above Cheston and Pasha? Seems a hefty promotion for someone who has only ever been a glorified scout before. Coyle then said 'we'll see how Paul does' in quite a bitter way, ironically:)  

So glad Coyle has gone. The inanity of the interview and his punditry were like bad acid flashbacks. 

To quote Macbeth:-

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Exactly. At one point they asked him whether any of the sides in the top six should be worried about dropping out, and he said something vague like "there's two or three that could" without bothering to expand on who or why. The bloke is an absolute con artist. An empty vessel who got a chance here that he did not deserve. We can only hope Mowbray continues steadying the ship and is able to keep us above the surface for another season.

Just now, DE. said:

Exactly. At one point they asked him whether any of the sides in the top six should be worried about dropping out, and he said something vague like "there's two or three that could" without bothering to expand on who or why. The bloke is an absolute con artist. An empty vessel who got a chance here that he did not deserve. We can only hope Mowbray continues steadying the ship and is able to keep us above the surface for another season.

Pretty much sums him up. If he couldn't get 'momentum' into an answer he was struggling. 

I'd be shocked if he ever got a job above League 1 level ever again. The Mirror article last week that stated the players had complained about his lack of preparation, both physical and tactical,  ties in with the grumbles of fans of his previous clubs, and must surely be common knowledge in the game.

The Scottish Prem sounds about right for the next stop on the Coyle mystery tour. Barring Celtic, and perhaps Rangers, that is League 1 level at best and probably closer to League 2.  

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why does saying Coyle is a decent bloke provoke you? Maybe you should talk to someone about that 

My point is that it doesn't matter whether he's a decent bloke or not. He's a useless manager end of. Why bring it up when all we wanted was rid of him?

In any case when did "SEM, never heard of them" = decent bloke?

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Psychosoma said:

I thought Coyle was quite respectful of the club tbh. He could have piled it on, been bitter and critical but he chose not to. He was right to say the owners need to be more transparent, he didnt try and undermine Senior and he was right that he has brought in a couple of really good players.

Wrong man at the wrong club at the wrong time, but seems like a nice bloke and I wish him well, though I'd be shocked it anyone hired him again!

I strongly and vehemently disliked him as manager of Blackburn Rovers and in a professional capacity but I see football as a job and personally I am different in my professional and private life.

I know people that know Owen in the real world and have done for a long time and profess to him being a good bloke, on that basis I wish him no ill will.

He had some early success and then has been a chancer playing the game, not sure many would resist the temptation.

Hopefully he will be a footnote in this great clubs history like Paul Ince rather than someone who helped define it for the worse like King Rat.

Could not bare to watch Coyle but from what I gather of here to sum up his ramblings he believes "Mowbray is just carrying on the momentum they already had." Momentum? Momentum? 2 wins and 8 points this calendar year what planet is he on. There was momentum alright just going the wrong bloody way.

Cannot comment on whether or not he is a nice bloke, frankly he could have been rescuing stray dogs in his spare time, but all I know was he was a clueless inept manager and that's all I care about vis a vis Coyle. 

Fans never chanted his name or owt at Ewood Park or any away game Ive attend this season in a positive manner. Fans never took to him. His comments about his friend and fans meant he was up against it from day 1. 

Maybe he should have listened to his good friend advice and not take the job

Just now, duggy9197 said:

Problem was Coyle could have had us in the top 10 and the fans would never have warmed to him,he is a dingle.

Not really. If Eddie Howe has up in the play-offs with the idiots in charge they could build a small statue of him for all I care. Coyle's problem is he has no class and is always blaming others for his failings. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Fans never chanted his name or owt at Ewood Park or any away game Ive attend this season in a positive manner. Fans never took to him. His comments about his friend and fans meant he was up against it from day 1. 

Maybe he should have listened to his good friend advice and not take the job

who was that and what did he say?

Problem was Coyle could have had us in the top 10 and the fans would never have warmed to him,he is a dingle.

Not true at all, if Coyle hadn't had us in the bottom three for ten months straight, his dingle connections would be irrelevant.

Like many said, Rovers fans wouldn't have a problem with Howe, Dyche etc - it's all about the job they do.

4 minutes ago, duggy9197 said:

Cobblers! The guy couldn't manage a pub bar - let alone a pub team - and was taking us down.

Just now, Stuart said:

Cobblers! The guy couldn't manage a pub bar - let alone a pub team - and was taking us down.

im not defending him no burnley manager is welcome at rovers as far as im concerned,but i won,t go into a hissy fit about it.

Issue nr 1 was how the smeg did he get the job? Cheston interviewing but Coyle "met 2 nice Indian gentlemen" and bypassed the whole process 

Point 2: team was heading for relegation, unfit and no organisation. 

Brought in some good players but also some dross. (No better or worse than other managers imo)

Summary: taking us down and nobrainer to get shut just it took a bit too long...

Rubbish. I couldn't care less who the team's were he'd managed before. All I knew was he'd failed at every one barring the Dingles.

if we'd have been in the top three all season instead of the bottom three nobody would have even mentioned it.

21 minutes ago, duggy9197 said:

I disagree. The majority of fans wouldn't have been against Shaun Dyche  being appointed, based on him being a very good manager. Coyle should never have been appointed because he was a cheap, unworthy and rubbish appointment, that was always going to end with us in trouble.

Just now, Pedro said:

I disagree. The majority of fans wouldn't have been against Shaun Dyche  being appointed, based on him being a very good manager. Coyle should never have been appointed because he was a cheap, unworthy and rubbish appointment, that was always going to end with us in trouble.

Is dyche represented by sem.

Is dyche represented by sem.

I have no idea. If he was, it wouldn't bother me. I would take any talented player or decent manager on via any representative - my issue is when you are paying over the odds on good contracts for crud like Steve Kean, Miles Anderson, Bruno Ribiero, a half dozen unknown Portuguese players and all the countless unworthy leeches that shouldn't ever have been here.

3 minutes ago, duggy9197 said:

I think if you had a poll of rovers fans,non would have took to Coyle except a few on here who are lying through there teeth.

True but all about his managerial record, nothing to do with his Burnley past.

That same poll would see Rovers fans overwhelmingly supporting a hypothetical Dyche appointment.

I would personally volunteer to carry him over to Ewood.

Archived