BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been here before... Yawn.

However if they do appoint someone who i can remotely respect i may start attending away games again... Really though, any self respecting manager surely wouldn't work for those cretins.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Come on Chaddy, you've been here for these past 7 years. You know full well Rovers are capable of sacking everyone and not even considering who to replace them with.

If there was any sense this would have been done after the last league game and the new manager would have had all this time to work with their new team.

I agree with he should have been sacked after Rotherham game

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Looks like Senior won the current power struggle but it will be far from over.

The next man is sure to be a SEM man or a Senior man though both of which will be bad news, expect another Appleton / Berg short reign 

Coyle was a dead man walking when Senior was appointed

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I'm on Sergio Conceiao, just waiting for Paddy Power to get back to me with odds. Portugese (we love a Portugese signing), same agency as Carvahal who Senior hired at Sheff Weds.

Isnt he manage at Nantes in France

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

We shouldn't be giving it to Johnno and Dunny at this stage.  They have the potential to be a great coaching team but not now.  I suspect they would decline if asked.  If a new man comes in tomorrow it's a big ask to prepare the team within a day or so for the game at Burton.  Clearly, whoever comes in is going to be head coach and work under Senior so would people like Warburton or Rowett be prepared to act as a head coach and not a manager?  I suspect it will be a coach who is already known to Senior.

I think Senior will appoint a head coach with him signing the players

Timing is good. The players were playing in their "career "football match Sunday. One you tell your grandkids about. They all "gave it a right go."  I think they will hopefully play for the club on Friday as some are playing for their places and they will be hopeful of someone better around the corner. Ever the optimist. 

Fantastic news!!!

Bit shocked as never thought this would happen. Glad to be proven wrong. Although the lateness of it makes it difficult for the new manager I still think we have enough quality to survive - especially since whoever comes in cannot be as badly organised.

It also leaves me with the question why? Why now? Why after all this negligence and Coyle being happy with appalling budgets and cut? Why not earlier as we've been poor all season? I know it's a day to be pleased but I do wonder and worry what has caused the change.

Just now, Blue blood said:

Fantastic news!!!

Bit shocked as never thought this would happen. Glad to be proven wrong. Although the lateness of it makes it difficult for the new manager I still think we have enough quality to survive - especially since whoever comes in cannot be as badly organised.

It also leaves me with the question why? Why now? Why after all this negligence and Coyle being happy with appalling budgets and cut? Why not earlier as we've been poor all season? I know it's a day to be pleased but I do wonder and worry what has caused the change.

Some free cash available after the cup game that can leave Ewood on its travels?

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with he should have been sacked after Rotherham game

Coyle was a dead man walking when Senior was appointed

Isnt he manage at Nantes in France

I think Senior will appoint a head coach with him signing the players

If we go that way we'll be right royaly screwed over again.. Senior will get his %  we'll get a useless puppet 

Interesting development.

Tinhat: we had our best cm pair playing in cm, Lowe in his best position, a leftback at leftback, wingers on the wings and emnes in his best position whilst our only extra "fit" (Rovers standards) striker was brought on despite not having been involved for ages when it was obvious that Graham was knackered...

Was Coyle really in charge on Sunday?

Had my 7 day old daughter asleep on me and checked the boards and saw this, nearly sent the poor child flying!

Brilliant news to see the back of Coyle. 

Awful, awful manager, thoroughly dislikable bloke and a complete and total bullplop merchant.

Embarrassing to ever have to call this cretin the manager of my football team.

He's lucky that he came in after Kean or the opinion of him would be much, much lower.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

What's Jimmy Floyd done as a manager to warrant being favourite?

Desperate man?

Rowett must be simple if he comes to Ewood after turning down, and then running down, a Forest regime that are frankly "Venkys Light."

Archived