BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

Just now, DE. said:

Kean resigned and Coyle is "mutal consent", not an outright sacking. Try again.

Doing his own damage limitation before we drop having made a big contribution to our mess and having got another load of his contacts dross onto our books.

Agent Coyles work is done......

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Venkys were feeling uncomfortable at recent media scrutiny and feared defeat at Burton could have unleashed a wave of anger and more investigations and bad publicity.  Sacking Coyle now buys them more time and may help prevent an immediate backlash if we do lose on Friday.

Everything they do is for their own benefit.

Otherwise why wait until now ?

20 minutes ago, m1st said:

Why now?

After what I understand was one of our better performances of the season on Sunday; and with just about 72 hours before one of our most crucial games of this dreadful, dreadful season, why sack him now unless they're going to do what MCMC1875 suggests?

But this is Venky's; they'll have no-one lined up to replace him & we'll probably be in limbo for weeks by which time relegation will be assured.:o  Are they trying to sabotage their own investment?

Maybe the players knew he was going - hence the performance.

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Doing his own damage limitation before we drop having made a big contribution to our mess and having got another load of his contacts dross onto our books.

Agent Coyles work is done......

Yep. Just like Kean, out the door before @#/? really hits the fan. Wonder if he'll go the Kean route and claim constructive dismissal too?

Just now, Phil T said:

Based on merit, he had to go, in spite of a good performance on Sunday. Does anybody else feel completely underwhelmed, though? The thought of who will win the internal battle to appoint the next unsuitable candidate makes everything completely flat. We've been here before. :(

Allow me a few days of  misplaced optimism. I'm full of renewed hope and won't be underwhelmed until the appointment is actually announced.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I reckon Venkythe ere feeling uncomfortable at recent media scrutiny and feared defeat at Burton could have unleashed a wave of anger and more investigations and bad publicity.  Sacking Coyle now buys them more time and may help prevent an immediate backlash if we do lose on Friday.

Everything they do is for their own benefit.

Otherwise why wait until now ?

This is why people musnt Fall for it, sacking coyle only deflects tge Blame, we need venkys out if we are to ever move forward

Just now, DE. said:

Yep. Just like Kean, out the door before @#/? really hits the fan. Wonder if he'll go the Kean route and claim constructive dismissal too?

I'd imagine so, couldn't do my job undermined by a new guy, blocked from bringing in more players pals etc etc.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Nail on head.

Venky and Senior revenge.

Got to feel for Jim White costing his mate his job

ROFL

I feel it's the complete opposite. With (the decision already made), White was just looking out for his stablemate and pointing the finger of blame solely at the door of the V's.  The whole of Jim White's input on that show stunk of fakery.  I think we are jointly owned/run and neither party or any of the hangers on have Rovers' best interests at heart.

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

I'd imagine so, couldn't do my job undermined by a new guy, blocked from bringing in more players pals etc etc.

Four and a bit years and so little has changed. Even our fans still fall for this nonsense.

Just now, Pedro said:

I feel it's the complete opposite. With (the decision already made), White was just looking out for his stablemate and pointing the finger of blame solely at the door of the V's.  The whole of Jim White's input on that show stunk of fakery.  I think we are jointly owned/run and neither party or any of the hangers on have Rovers' best interests at heart.

I see where your coming from. Good points.

23 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Unbelievable timing.  Two days before the most important game of the season and there is nobody left to take training.  Sack him after Barnsley, no problem.  Sack him after Rotherham, no problem.  But to leave it until now is unbelievable.  I just hope Senior has a coaching team lined up to come in tomorrow or are we going to throw Johnno and Dunny under the bus and ask them to take control. 

Not really. He doesn't exactly prepare the team in any way, he just picks the 11, we never have any specific tactics to nullify a team's threat.

Just now, Pedro said:

This. 

Absolutely delighted to see the back of chimp head. Really glad. But the Venkys do manage make any situation worse. Why even appoint him. Why sack him now and not in January. Who are they going to appoint who is available willing to work with no money and no transfer window. How those Indians manage to make the same mistakes over and over is mind boggling. 

It's too late now and almost irrelevant who comes in while our regal owners are making decisions. 

9 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

We shouldn't be giving it to Johnno and Dunny at this stage.  They have the potential to be a great coaching team but not now.  I suspect they would decline if asked.  If a new man comes in tomorrow it's a big ask to prepare the team within a day or so for the game at Burton.  Clearly, whoever comes in is going to be head coach and work under Senior so would people like Warburton or Rowett be prepared to act as a head coach and not a manager?  I suspect it will be a coach who is already known to Senior.

I agree it would be a difficult situation to throw two novices like Dunn and Johnson into.

On a temporary basis however surely you'd rather have them rather than say Eric Kinder in charge?

They must have someone lined up this time, and whoever will be watching from the stands on Friday is my guess. They've been through this a few times now, and although he should have been sacked a long time ago (or never appointed for that matter), the proper timing for this move was last week and not now after a positive display in a televised game. 

well yeah deffo but this should have been done before the Jan sales. 

At least who ever takes over now theres no pressure on them.. We are down more or less and so if we do go down its too little too late but if we stay up then its down to the new manager. so win win for ANYONE who picks up the baton.

Should I be happy?

When there's a managerial sacking at Blackburn Rovers it's like you stop being repeatedly punched in the face and start being kicked in the nads instead.

A short period of misguided elation and relief in between.

Just now, booth said:

Should I be happy?

When there's a managerial sacking at Blackburn Rovers it's like you stop being repeatedly punched in the face and start being kicked in the nads instead.

A short period of misguided elation and relief in between.

Its gives us a chance to catch our breath before the long slog of 15 games.

Any new manager will get at least 50% more productivity from the team.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

well yeah deffo but this should have been done before the Jan sales. 

At least who ever takes over now theres no pressure on them.. We are down more or less and so if we do go down its too little too late but if we stay up then its down to the new manager. so win win for ANYONE who picks up the baton.

We're far from down, anything can still happen, but the timing of all of this is a bit puzzling.

Archived