BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Qualify that list J*B:

Who is out of work and represented by SEM/Kentaro??

I'm on Sergio Conceiao, just waiting for Paddy Power to get back to me with odds. Portugese (we love a Portugese signing), same agency as Carvahal who Senior hired at Sheff Weds.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, m1st said:

Why now?

After what I understand was one of our better performances of the season on Sunday; and with just about 72 hours before one of our most crucial games of this dreadful, dreadful season, why sack him now unless they're going to do what MCMC1875 suggests?

But this is Venky's; they'll have no-one lined up to replace him & we'll probably be in limbo for weeks by which time relegation will be assured.:o  Are they trying to sabotage their own investment?

IT takes this lot weeks to make up their minds and another week to pass on the message so probably decided late January

Hasselbaink was a bit of a disaster at QPR. Excellent at Burton but they were a club on the crest of a wave under Rowett and he carried it on. Not for me. 

Freedman is the sort of name i'd have cringed at a few months ago but right now at the very least he'd sort out the defence and make us harder to beat.

Cotterill - no thanks

Adkins and Jackett would be worth a call.

Unbelievable timing.  Two days before the most important game of the season and there is nobody left to take training.  Sack him after Barnsley, no problem.  Sack him after Rotherham, no problem.  But to leave it until now is unbelievable.  I just hope Senior has a coaching team lined up to come in tomorrow or are we going to throw Johnno and Dunny under the bus and ask them to take control. 

Oh dear. Conspiracy theory *456 bites the dust. The supposedly "unsackable" Owen Coyle who the owners allegedly didn't have the authority to sack is sacked!   ( Following the similarly "unsackable" Steve Kean out of the building. ) LOL. 

Not really the time for point scoring or picking out quotes from when he was appointed though. The fans all knew it was likely to be a bad appointment but all that matters going forward is who we get now.

If it's Dunn and Johnson for a while it would be nice to think some of the missing fans would bury the hatchet temporarily and return but I don't suppose it will happen.

Not that it means anything but Rowett and Warburton lead the early betting at 2/1 and 6/1 respectively. Would kill for either of those 2 standout candidates with slight preference for Rowett.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Unbelievable timing.  Two days before the most important game of the season and there is nobody left to take training.  Sack him after Barnsley, no problem.  Sack him after Rotherham, no problem.  But to leave it until now is unbelievable.  I just hope Senior has a coaching team lined up to come in tomorrow or are we going to throw Johnno and Dunny under the bus and ask them to take control. 

What training, I'm sure someone can order a few doughnuts and roll the ping pong out.

The timing is only bad in that it has come too late, I'd take him being sacked Friday morning he was doing nothing to influence the team on the pitch.

• Backroom

Looks like Senior won the current power struggle but it will be far from over.

The next man is sure to be a SEM man or a Senior man though both of which will be bad news, expect another Appleton / Berg short reign 

Just now, J*B said:

I'm on Sergio Conceiao, just waiting for Paddy Power to get back to me with odds. Portugese (we love a Portugese signing), same agency as Carvahal who Senior hired at Sheff Weds.

Strangely enough I came back on here to see if anyone had odds for this yet. Lucas Joao's agent as well I believe...

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh dear. Conspiracy theory *456 bites the dust. The supposedly "unsackable" Owen Coyle who the owners allegedly didn't have the authority to sack is sacked!   ( Following the similarly "unsackable" Steve Kean out of the building. ) LOL. 

Not really the time for point scoring or picking out quotes from when he was appointed though. The fans all knew it was likely to be a bad appointment but all that matters going forward is who we get now.

If it's Dunn and Johnson for a while it would be nice to think some of the missing fans would bury the hatchet temporarily and return but I don't suppose it will happen.

Not that it means anything but Rowett and Warburton lead the early betting at 2/1 and 6/1 respectively. Would kill for either of those 2 standout candidates with slight preference for Rowett.

Funny you shouild say that I was thinking of coming back till the end of the season. Staying up is vital.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

"Not really the time for point scoring........." but you have done so anyway. In fact, it's rather remarkable it has taken this long for him to be sacked. Let's take a look at their previous history shall we:

Steve Kean - took far too long to sack.

Appleton - Sacked extremely early.

Berg - Sacked extremely early.

Bowyer - Sacked unreasonably.

Coyle - Took far too long to sack.

What do Coyle & Kean have in common? Their links to an agency that many believe have an under the radar influence in our club. No conspiracy theory has biten the dust at all. Pointless and stupid comment by you in all honesty.

What a shambles Parson. The Jim Iley episode all over again.

Beyond bizarre timing. I accept and agree that he had to go to give us even a remote chance of survival and my own sanity, but why now?

Sheffield Wednesday away and Man Utd at home arguably our two best performances in 2017 in two of the toughest games we will have, ok nothing to show for it, but signs of life at least.

Not disappointed he's gone, far from it, just mystified at the timing. My suspicion is this has been sat on Desai's desk awaiting approval for some time and only now after watching the defeat to United on Sunday has she agreed to authorise severance payments.

No mention of interim arrangements so you would expect/home replacements are ready and waiting. If not then we're finished.

Disagree on the timing point. Should have gone a while ago but given that he was here up to now I wouldn't have risked getting a new man or Dunn/Johnson off to a bad start by getting whipped by Man Ure.

In my view a change was vital before the fixtures against Wigan and Burton though. Would have been pointless failing to win or losing them then appointing someone else.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

"Not really the time for point scoring........." but you have done so anyway. In fact, it's rather remarkable it has taken this long for him to be sacked. Let's take a look at their previous history shall we:

Steve Kean - took far too long to sack.

Appleton - Sacked extremely early.

Berg - Sacked extremely early.

Bowyer - Sacked unreasonably.

Coyle - Took far too long to sack.

What do Coyle & Kean have in common? Their links to an agency that many believe have an under the radar influence in our club. No conspiracy theory has biten the dust at all. Pointless and stupid comment by you in all honesty.

I'd say we took too long to sack Bowyer to be honest. Underperformed with some talented players.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Ironic also that they give him the boot 2 days after our best performance of the season.

Unless the twerps running Ewood expected us to beat ManU?

Seems to me this decision was made a few weeks ago.

managers need to understand, if you manage Rovers, just dont lose to Man United or get the sack lol

Archived