BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

MONEY IN: 500k for Steele.

MONEY OUT: 750k on Dack, 100k on Gladwin, 200k on Samuel, 75k on Leutwiler. 

Thats £1,125,000 spent - net +625,000. 

Theres no way we aren't seeing those level out. Someone goes.

Saturday is likely to be an indicator (if he's not gone by then) when Lenihan misses out through a knock/strain/virus

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Saturday is likely to be an indicator (if he's not gone by then) when Lenihan misses out through a knock/strain/virus

Probably nothing in it but you would have thought that the numbers 4 and 5 would have been taken by Lenihan and Mulgrew if they were intent on staying. Not to mention the announcement of who's captain.

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Going nowhere unless a good offer comes in and Sheffield United are nowhere near at the moment

Dunnfc I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, you have considered views with reasons but I think you are coming across as overly negative at the moment.

Just as Chaddy sometimes appears like Paul Whitehouse's 'Brilliant' character from the fast show, sometimes you're seeming like his 'Rubbish' dad :P

Opinions can vary and as many have stated many, many times TM is not the boss, Venkys are and they can F it all up at anytime until the window closes, recruitment has been decent, hopefully in time it will even prove to be good.

I think you're being particularly harsh on Whittingham, he's a good player and sounds like he's here for the right reasons and a very important 2/3 years younger than Murphy.  My only worry about him is that the game might pass him by occasionally.

Personally I expect general squad fitness to be better and I think Danny Graham should be fine to play most of the season (barring bad luck), he's a much better player than Grigg or any other striker in the division.  Whittingham and Evans with Dark and Bennett should be far better than WIgan's or anyone else's midfield.  If Mulgrew and Lenihan stay (still a big if) then we have the best centre backs, and personally I really rate Raya and would have started with him last season.

There are still another 4 weeks of the window and everything can change for better or worse yet.

We needed a back up keeper, seems like we have got one that some of his old teams fans loved and some didn't rate much, but I didn't expect anyone too good so I'm satisfied until I see him play a few times.  Sure a player like Ripley would have been nice but if there is a budget then TM needs to use it wisely and  I wouldn't want him to use too much of it on a back up keeper.

TM seems to think he will be getting another few players in so a striker, left sided player and a defender would be nice.

We will get a much clearer picture over the next few days, especially after a gamer or two.

10 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Probably nothing in it but you would have thought that the numbers 4 and 5 would have been taken by Lenihan and Mulgrew if they were intent on staying. Not to mention the announcement of who's captain.

Not sure, they have both kept the same numbers they had last season (14 for Mulgrew and 26 for Lenihan)

Hoban was 4 and Williams 5 last season. Players often do request certain numbers.

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

Thought Samuel was 500k?

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

They've the best midfield. Jacobs is quality at this level, Powell and Morsy is a lower Championship partnership so should stand out whilst in Grigg they've 25 goals from someone likely to stay fit all year. They need a goalie and a bit of pace on the left hand side but they should walk it.

So if we keep the likes of Mulgrew and Lenihan and with our far better midfield than we have had in many a season the pie eaters will still walk it, it's like you dont want Rovers to do well.

13 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

If Mulgrew and Lenihan stay (still a big if) then we have the best centre backs, and personally I really rate Raya and would have started with him last season.

I agree with most of your post so I'm not being Mr Negative.

I just don't believe the above statement is true.

Lenihan, whilst a good asset to the club and obviously decent player, has played one season in a relegation side. I've not seen anything extraordinary to make me think he will be the best Centre Half in this division.

Mulgrew is a classy footballer, the best player on the ball we had last season. His set pieces were a constant ant threat. However he's not the most commanding centre half. 

They are a decent pair but I don't see how we can say they will be the best in the league.

Raya is unproven. He had a good 7 or 8 games at the end of the season after a shaky few cameos previously. Hope he does well. Can't say I've seen enough of him to say he will be excellent though.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Goodbye Darragh on 31st August.

Hello to his replacement on 31st January.

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

They've the best midfield. Jacobs is quality at this level, Powell and Morsy is a lower Championship partnership so should stand out whilst in Grigg they've 25 goals from someone likely to stay fit all year. They need a goalie and a bit of pace on the left hand side but they should walk it.

Now you are just trolling :lol:

I use trolling,  but I know you actually aren't a troll. Saying they will walk it though.. Even taking us out of the equation, come on.. 

8 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

So if we keep the likes of Mulgrew and Lenihan and with our far better midfield than we have had in many a season the pie eaters will still walk it, it's like you dont want Rovers to do well.

It's allot more than two players, eleven players it's a squad game (25) and we look woefully short of anywhere acceptable depth wise.

Meanwhile Grigg and Toney looks 40 goals who both look fit, we've Graham aged 32 who's going to struggle 2x99 mins every week with a condemned hip. Wigan then have depth of Massey whom at the moment is on par with Samuel, so it's likely they've far more goals.

In behind they've ex man Utd player and talented lazy git Nick Powell, the most talented and technical player in this league, again if you score3/4 at Barnsley like last year chances are he will murder this league, on our hands we have Bradley Dack from a tough season at gills last year, anyone normal would prefer Powell.

In centre midfield they've Sam Morsy who's a star, a proper box to box player, we've got Smallwood, you'd have an Egypt international who played regularly and wanted by sides in the championship over Smallwood. Alongside you've got McDonald dictating play, we've a 33 year old Whittingham, on paper Whitts should win. Alex Gilbey another standout in L1 previously for Colchester providing depth, who've we got Tomlinson? No contest Gilbey every time. Max Power , jack Byrne and David Perkins also trump our "depth".

On the wings you've Jacobs who's very very good at L1 and okay at championship, we've an aging Conway who on paper should win but concerns arise if he again at 32 can hack 2 games a week whilst he looked poor last year. Corclough, Flores on paper somehow lose to Feeney.

goalie wise whilst impressed with Raya as I was under GB I'm worried when he drops a clanger has he got in him this time round to bounce back, Wigan signed Walton from Brighton who's tipped for big things so I'd suggest a draw with us possibly edging it.

Rb we trump at the moment through Caddis who should be steady and Nyambe lesser of a bomb scare a division lower should beat Nathan Byrne of last year but if Bryne gets back to Swindon form it could be difficult.

CB Mulgrew head and shoulders the best, ideally partnered by Daniels of Wigan who's a quick big strapping lad unfortunately he won't be fit for the start of the season. Will Lenihan be here? I'd take Daniels when for over him but he's better than Morgan though Morgan is very experienced at this level. Look out for Chey Dunkley, not signed by Cook but atherton. Very quick and brilliant at Oxford last year, goal scorer from set plays too. He could be one to watch this year, I'd take him over Wharton given Chey has about 90 games at Oxford under his belt.

LB Williams over our ex lad Matty James? James is far better going forwards but Williams I suggest looks a centre half any ways. James had a nasty injury last year so doubtful he will be as good as before.

So you can see...

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Now you are just trolling :lol:

I use trolling,  but I know you actually aren't a troll. Saying they will walk it though.. Even taking us out of the equation, come on.. 

Err then I suggest you stop being ignorant and do some research fella.

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

It's allot more than two players, eleven players it's a squad game (25) and we look woefully short of anywhere acceptable depth wise.

Meanwhile Grigg and Toney looks 40 goals who both look fit, we've Graham aged 32 who's going to struggle 2x99 mins every week with a condemned hip. Wigan then have depth of Massey whom at the moment is on par with Samuel, so it's likely they've far more goals.

In behind they've ex man Utd player and talented lazy git Nick Powell, the most talented and technical player in this league, again if you score3/4 at Barnsley like last year chances are he will murder this league, on our hands we have Bradley Dack from a tough season at gills last year, anyone normal would prefer Powell.

In centre midfield they've Sam Morsy who's a star, a proper box to box player, we've got Smallwood, you'd have an Egypt international who played regularly and wanted by sides in the championship over Smallwood. Alongside you've got McDonald dictating play, we've a 33 year old Whittingham, on paper Whitts should win. Alex Gilbey another standout in L1 previously for Colchester providing depth, who've we got Tomlinson? No contest Gilbey every time. Max Power , jack Byrne and David Perkins also trump our "depth".

On the wings you've Jacobs who's very very good at L1 and okay at championship, we've an aging Conway who on paper should win but concerns arise if he again at 32 can hack 2 games a week whilst he looked poor last year. Corclough, Flores on paper somehow lose to Feeney.

goalie wise whilst impressed with Raya as I was under GB I'm worried when he drops a clanger has he got in him this time round to bounce back, Wigan signed Walton from Brighton who's tipped for big things so I'd suggest a draw with us possibly edging it.

Rb we trump at the moment through Caddis who should be steady and Nyambe lesser of a bomb scare a division lower should beat Nathan Byrne of last year but if Bryne gets back to Swindon form it could be difficult.

CB Mulgrew head and shoulders the best, ideally partnered by Daniels of Wigan who's a quick big strapping lad unfortunately he won't be fit for the start of the season. Will Lenihan be here? I'd take Daniels when for over him but he's better than Morgan though Morgan is very experienced at this level. Look out for Chey Dunkley, not signed by Cook but atherton. Very quick and brilliant at Oxford last year, goal scorer from set plays too. He could be one to watch this year, I'd take him over Wharton given Chey has about 90 games at Oxford under his belt.

LB Williams over our ex lad Matty James? James is far better going forwards but Williams I suggest looks a centre half any ways. James had a nasty injury last year so doubtful he will be as good as before.

So you can see...

You forgot to add "IMO"

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

So you can see...

Okay so now you have depressed me, however its who plays better on the day, who's motivated the best, who's going to get that extra 10% when needed, i think with TM we have the edge there. so really i'm not depressed just looking forward to the season.

12 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

So you can see...

What makes you think Ivan Toney and Grigg is a 40-goal partnership? Whilst Grigg has form at this level Toney has never scored above 10 goals in a season and doesn't give anyone the impression he's going to suddenly net 20+....that's a total guess. In fact, his record isn't so dissimilar to Samuel's. Stop twisting things to suit your own argument. If you are to hark on about research then do yours.

Likewise, Byrne isn't any better than we have, as proven by his inability to break into our squad and his subsequent release. I also see you've conveniently missed Bennett out of your team - perhaps not the best idea in the interest of 'balanced arguments'.

Similarly it isn't Matty James at LB is it? It's his brother, Reece. Last year was his first real season and he was part of a very poor Wigan squad. I'd much rather have Williams.

You aren't presenting your arguments fairly or balanced at all. You need to be fair in your assessments.

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Okay so now you have depressed me, however its who plays better on the day, who's motivated the best, who's going to get that extra 10% when needed, i think with TM we have the edge there. so really i'm not depressed just looking forward to the season.

I'd have TM over Cook... Just. But be under no illusion Joyce was there equivient to Coyle and under Barrow the caretaker picked up decent results like Barnsley. It won't be as easy as people think.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'd have TM over Cook... Just. But be under no illusion Joyce was there equivient to Coyle and under Barrow the caretaker picked up decent results like Barnsley. It won't be as easy as people think.

So you said we have to be in the Top two by ten games ,but Wigan will walk it .

So that now leaves only one spot ...may as well sack TM now ...or will Wigan sack their manager if they are nt in the Top two by ten games ?!

I do enjoy reading your views Dunn FC but they are so Black and White. Football is full of grey areas which you do not seem to  allow for.

Your Top two in ten games a classic example.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What makes you think Ivan Toney and Grigg is a 40-goal partnership? Whilst Grigg has form at this level Toney has never scored above 10 goals in a season and doesn't give anyone the impression he's going to suddenly net 20+....that's a total guess. In fact, his record isn't so dissimilar to Samuel's. Stop twisting things to suit your own argument. If you are to hark on about research then do yours and present it balanced.

Likewise, Byrne isn't any better than we have, as proven by his inability to break into our squad and his subsequent release. I also see you've conveniently missed Bennett out of your team - perhaps not the best idea in the interest of 'balanced arguments'.

Similarly it isn't Matty James at LB is it? It's his brother, Reece. Last year was his first real season and he was part of a very poor Wigan squad. I'd much rather have Williams.

You aren't presenting your argument fairly or balanced at all. You need to be fair in your assessments.

Grigg is nailed on for 25. Form suggests so. Toney a full season compared to 6 in 15 for Scunthorpe last year by the laws of averages gives you around 18 goals does it not? Very concievable to suggest 40 goals from those two.

Apologies on Bennett completely forgot him. He'd very much trump on the wings.

Your thinking of Jack Byrne the midfielder, Nathan Byrne is a RB and is ex Spurs and Swindon and was very good for Swindon. Poor at Wigan to date.

Apologies yes Matty is Reece brother, Reece was very good on L1 last time until he ruptured his knee. I'm not keen on Wiliams. Can't cross, drifts to centrally allowing runners to get behind him to cross. Doesn't venture forwards but has a good tackle. Looks a centre half to me playing LB.

16 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Don't worry, the guy is completely clueless.

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Grigg is nailed on for 25. Form suggests so. Toney a full season compared to 6 in 15 for Scunthorpe last year by the laws of averages gives you around 18 goals does it not? Very concievable to suggest 40 goals from those two.

Your thinking of Jack Byrne the midfielder, Nathan Byrne is a RB and is ex Spurs and Swindon and was very good for Swindon. Poor at Wigan to date.

Apologies yes Matty is Reece brother, Reece was very good on L1 last time until he ruptured his knee. I'm not keen on Wiliams. Can't cross, drifts to centrally allowing runners to get behind him to cross. Doesn't venture forwards but has a good tackle. Looks a centre half to me playing LB.

Yeah, Reece Byrne wasn't last season it was the season before. Still, you can't be predicting anything from him after being out for over a year and a half.

And I did mean Jack Byrne as you said he adds strength in depth. He clearly doesn't. Byrne is no better than any youth product we have. Nathan Byrne at RB isn't exactly much to look at.

Grigg is their only player I'd say will walk into our team. The rest are nothing we don't have. The only difference between them and us is their squad size but their 'strength in depth' isn't anything special. Should we add the 3 more players TM wants our team trumps them - depending on the players of course.

12 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

:blink:

Archived