BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers XI v Stoke U8s (Tues 29 Aug, Ewood Park)

Stuart

2 hours ago, Madon said:

I expect to see something like this...

Leutwilwer

Nyambe Platt Wharton Doyle

Gladwin Tomlinson Smallwood Bennett

Chapman

Nuttall

Good shout on Tomlinson. Seems to have faded out of the picture somewhat since pre-season but he looked like he might push for a first team place at one point.

Could be a good opportunity for him, even if it's against Stokes Under 8's (or whatever)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my team would be

Raya

Caddis  Nyambe Wharton Doyle

Chapman Smallwood Tomilnson Whittingham

Antonsson Graham/Nuttall

You need to remember that Rovers must field 4 players from Saturday game starting 11 and that Evans, Mulgrew and Luetwiler are away on international duty.

I would start Graham if he is staying if he leaving then I would give Nuttall a start

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

my team would be

Raya

Caddis  Nyambe Wharton Doyle

Chapman Smallwood Tomilnson Whittingham

Antonsson Graham/Nuttall

You need to remember that Rovers must field 4 players from Saturday game starting 11 and that Evans, Mulgrew and Luetwiler are away on international duty.

I would start Graham if he is staying if he leaving then I would give Nuttall a start

I'd be loathe to play either Smallwood or Chapman.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not true. Read Stuart's post earlier on in the thread, players with 40+ pro appearances can play instead of those that played in the last game.

Mowbray seemingly confirms the view we have to play 4 of the side that played on Saturday, not including the keeper.  The rules aren't the clearest but should be doable whilst still giving enough players a rest.  Would be a shame not to bring in a few of the U23's who've earned a shot, but don't want to treat it like a friendly and lose the momentum another win could provide.

The winner of each tie receives three points, and should any game be level after 90 minutes, a penalty shoot-out will be played with the winners receiving an extra bonus point.

Has this always been a thing in this competition?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15499880._It_is_difficult_with_the_numbers_that_we_have_got____Rovers_boss_faces_selection_dilemma_for_Checkatrade_Trophy_tie/?ref=mac

Waiting now for after the next league game when the manager explains away the poor performance by saying 'the lads looked a bit rusty after a couple of weeks out of action'.  Can't fathom why Samuel wouldn't be playing tonight, when you have an in form striker you just don't leave him on the bench.

Archived