BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers XI v Stoke U8s (Tues 29 Aug, Ewood Park)

Stuart

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

He (Nyambe) hasn't got it WWWM.

Waiting for him to improve is like chucking good money off to bad whilst his agent and parsons screw us over time and again. Funny how his agent has Nuttall on a one year contract here yet earns Nyambe a longer contract shafting the club just like all the others managers players etc., 

Forest Green would be an ideal team for Ryan Nyambe at this moment in time.

The agent negotiates his clients contract John. The club agree to the demands because they think it is worth it. The agent is doing his job by getting the best deal for his client. I recall you have been represented in wage negotiations by your union reps. They wanted to get the best deal for you. That is how having a representative works.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Having only seen them both briefly the first thing that struck me was the difference in physique and strength. Nuttall found space several times and got in behind too with clever movement. In all honesty though Anton sson just doesn't look like a League One central striker to me.

would still air on the side of caution as nuttall was playing against his age group hopefully he can step up soon he must be a late developer as we turned him down when city released him in 2015.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The agent negotiates his clients contract John. The club agree to the demands because they think it is worth it. The agent is doing his job by getting the best deal for his client. I recall you have been represented in wage negotiations by your union reps. They wanted to get the best deal for you. That is how having a representative works.

What if, the agent has close ties with the secretary, the mangers agent and the clubs financial guy. ?

The best deal then becomes an easier task to conclude but how do the supporters benefit from this players inept performances in a blue and white halved shirt.

26 minutes ago, JAL said:

What if, the agent has close ties with the secretary, the mangers agent and the clubs financial guy. ?

The best deal then becomes an easier task to conclude but how do the supporters benefit from this players inept performances in a blue and white halved shirt.

Much as the powers that be would like us to forget about the past I can't, especially, when it keeps on happening. Did Myles have an agent and how much did the club pay him in the end? Its a good job Coyle's son wasn't still playing centre back for the dog and duck reserves, otherwise. .........................

41 minutes ago, JAL said:

So in essence you are saying there is collusion amongst those you have mentioned to get Nyambe a deal. I really think your source at Brockhall is wide of the mark. 

1 hour ago, had.e.nuff said:

would still air on the side of caution as nuttall was playing against his age group hopefully he can step up soon he must be a late developer as we turned him down when city released him in 2015.

Yeah would agree with this and genuinely I'm excited by the lad.  I said to my Dad about 5 mins before he scores, he just looks the part in terms of how well he holds the ball, lays it off and finds space, and holds defenders off.  However in fairness to Antonssson, and I'm by no means a fan so far on the evidence, he's played so far against experienced league one defenders, the lads Nuttall played against were certainly big and solid but maybe not as physical.  Tbh hard to say until can compare in a game which is why I'd love to see him get on the bench soon.

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

So in essence you are saying there is collusion amongst those you have mentioned to get Nyambe a deal. I really think your source at Brockhall is wide of the mark. 

It's the merry go round of todays modern day football industry arbitro.

If you went last night did you see good things of the defender ?

23 minutes ago, JAL said:

It's the merry go round of todays modern day football industry arbitro.

If you went last night did you good things of the defender ?

If you really believe that why just talk about Nyambe and his new deal ad infinitum?

I didn't think Nyambe was particularly good in his time on the pitch last night but he is young and learning the game. He might crash and burn in time but at the moment he is a kid with potential, a fact which is clearly acknowledged by his manager.

Poor game played at testimonial pace.

Nyambe stood out in terms of looking even more unsteady than normal, even though he was at centre back you'd expect better.

Gladwin continuing to show why hes a terrible signing, theres no way even based on such a small amount of game time that Antonsson should be ahead of Nuttall, who is raw but at least you have something to work with.

That said, anyone writing off Graham in comparison to him needs to look at the stats, Graham is our only proven goalscorer and has to stay

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Poor game played at testimonial pace.

Nyambe stood out in terms of looking even more unsteady than normal, even though he was at centre back you'd expect better.

Gladwin continuing to show why hes a terrible signing, theres no way even based on such a small amount of game time that Antonsson should be ahead of Nuttall, who is raw but at least you have something to work with.

That said, anyone writing off Graham in comparison to him needs to look at the stats, Graham is our only proven goalscorer and has to stay

Graham has downed tools. Pathetic last night.

The lad Chapman is way ahead of any prospects at this club.  Needs playing every week and persuading to sign permanently next season as he's out of contract I believe.

8 hours ago, JAL said:

He (Nyambe) hasn't got it WWWM.

Waiting for him to improve is like chucking good money off to bad whilst his agent and parsons screw us over time and again. Funny how his agent has Nuttall on a one year contract here yet earns Nyambe a longer contract shafting the club just like all the others managers players etc., 

Forest Green would be an ideal team for Ryan Nyambe at this moment in time.

I said the same thing about a young Derek Fazackerley when he first got into a struggling Rovers team. Just remind me, how many first team games did he play for us ?

11 hours ago, philipl said:

Chapman on that video evidence looks like a good old fashioned inside right. That run straight through the middle of Stoke in the first half was 

12 hours ago, neophox said:

Agree about Chapman.. think he could be the best winger this season in the league..

Is here with the view to signing permenantly ?

17 hours ago, arbitro said:

If you really believe that why just talk about Nyambe and his new deal ad infinitum?

I didn't think Nyambe was particularly good in his time on the pitch last night but he is young and learning the game. He might crash and burn in time but at the moment he is a kid with potential, a fact which is clearly acknowledged by his manager.

I'm challenging the ones that see this potential and their reason for offering him a long contract to which we know nothing of his salary and bonuses when we have equally better British footballers like Wharton.

If you want to pay the price to watch a game of football whilst Nyambe learns his trade, if hes capable of doing so, to then be moved on to the highest bidder along with some show case loanees ............then good luck to you, as.... this is not for me !

Look forward to seeing him out jump an attacker in our defensive third/penalty area . 

5 minutes ago, JAL said:

I'm challenging the ones that see this potential and their reason for offering him a long contract to which we know nothing of his salary and bonuses when we have equally better British footballers like Wharton.

If you want to pay the price to watch a game of football whilst Nyambe learns his trade, if hes capable of doing so, to then be moved on to the highest bidder along with some show case loanees ............then good luck to you, as.... this is not for me !

Look forward to seeing him out jump an attacker in our defensive third/penalty area . 

The bile you spew about this lad makes it sound personal. How often have you seen him play to justify your criticism of him?

I really don't go to watch individuals when I pay my money. The most important thing is the result which is invariably achieved by the collective but I suspect you know that.

• Moderation Lead

Nyambe is effectively British, JAL. Lived here since the age of 8 I believe.

I'm starting to seriously wonder what your issue is with him.

Did he run over a pet of yours by accident?

Did he offer to take a relative of yours out on a date then fail to show up?

Did he fail to let you out at a junction once?

9 minutes ago, JAL said:

Nyambe came to this country years ago. Will you let it go that he's not born in Britain? Surprising to people like yourself you can't actually help where you are born - not that being born anywhere other than GB is something to be ashamed of.

Ryan is a young lad who is trying to earn his way in the tricky world of football. I'd rather him get a shot with us than some 34 year old journeyman who is here for a final pay day.

Equally, I'd like to see Wharton get given a new contract too. I'd like all of our young stars to get given contracts and chances to prove themselves, regardless of whether they were born here or thousands of miles away.

8 minutes ago, JAL said:

So you don't want to pay to watch a football team that has young players in that could possibly be sold in the future, or one that contains loan players from other clubs? Unfortunately there's nowhere in the world you will be able to watch live football anymore based on your restrictions, and probably never has been.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

*GASP* B*****D!

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Jal's problem is who  Nyambe's agent is

Archived