BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Probably looking at a crowd of around 16,000 on the day?...not bad at all when you consider the ridiculous pricing,Weather and Live on Sky.

Do yourselves justice Rovers and go all out to win,the finish line has come into view.

16k ?

I'll be delighted but amazed i'd have thought nearer 14.5 ish boosted by a decent number from Wigan.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan are capable of winning all their games in hand. I am not saying they will but they could.

Therefore a win against them tomorrow must be a priority, a draw a disappointment and a loss verging on disaster, as far as our being Champions is concerned but not 2nd place.

A win by us will strike great concern in the Wigan and Shrew camps and should give our squad great belief in end of season success.

Go to win TM.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rovers twitter account

Please note that, following the efforts of the staff at Ewood to ensure that the pitch is playable and surrounding areas safe, there are currently no concerns regarding tomorrow’s game. ? https://t.co/KLJMgOjVdl

So can we all stop worrying whether the game will be on..

Many thanks, I'll relax and plan accordingly. 

COYB!

Better make sure they don't forget to turn the undersoil heaters off. :rolleyes: Anyone think if the police feel like having a day off they could come up with an excuse about the roads, etc? 

As for Wigan fans I've seen the figures touted. They wouldn't have to contemplate any weather issues, etc for travelling (not exactly far anyway its those from Midlands, Scotland, etc who may have second thoughts) if I was in charge because there wouldn't be any allocation. Granted the Football League probably wouldn't allow it but I would ban them simply to get back at that FUP endorsing old git hypocrite Whelan. Yeah OK that's an outrageous statement perhaps but if I was in any position to implement it that's exactly what would happen. I guess beyond banning him (if he's isn't in Barbados or someplace) they wouldn't allow it though. Would be worth it too trying to smear him in the eyes of any Rovers fans who mistook his Venkys comments as anything other than racism. I've heard unpleasant things about him as a businessman too certainly nothing that Jack would have been associated with. I also heard he broke his leg once can that be corroborated?

Jack wasn't some big mouthed senile old fool. If he said something his words carried weight and that was enough. He obviously knew this hence his occasional public speeches (before Forest in 1999 for instance) but he didn't love the sound of his own voice like Whelan. The only reason the guy keeps his mouth shut now is because of his lesser day to day activities within the club. Not to mention others probably encourage him out of concern he won't be able to avoid making some other racial remark.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rovers twitter account

Please note that, following the efforts of the staff at Ewood to ensure that the pitch is playable and surrounding areas safe, there are currently no concerns regarding tomorrow’s game. ? https://t.co/KLJMgOjVdl

So can we all stop worrying whether the game will be on..

Definately off then.  Good news indeed get up early, get coffee on and watch.  Bad news is it seldom goes well when I get to see us, great to be so excited about an uocoming game again.

4 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Better make sure they don't forget to turn the undersoil heaters off. :rolleyes: Anyone think if the police feel like having a day off they could come up with an excuse about the roads, etc? 

As for Wigan fans I've seen the figures touted. They wouldn't have to contemplate any weather issues, etc for travelling (not exactly far anyway its those from Midlands, Scotland, etc who may have second thoughts) if I was in charge because there wouldn't be any allocation. Granted the Football League probably wouldn't allow it but I would ban them simply to get back at that FUP endorsing old git hypocrite Whelan. Yeah OK that's an outrageous statement perhaps but if I was in any position to implement it that's exactly what would happen. I guess beyond banning him (if he's isn't in Barbados or someplace) they wouldn't allow it though. Would be worth it too trying to smear him in the eyes of any Rovers fans who mistook his Venkys comments as anything other than racism. I've heard unpleasant things about him as a businessman too certainly nothing that Jack would have been associated with. I also heard he broke his leg once can that be corroborated?

Huh?

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Jack wasn't some big mouthed senile old fool. If he said something his words carried weight and that was enough. He obviously knew this hence his occasional public speeches (before Forest in 1999 for instance) but he didn't love the sound of his own voice like Whelan. The only reason the guy keeps his mouth shut now is because of his lesser day to day activities within the club. Not to mention others probably encourage him out of concern he won't be able to avoid making some other racial remark.

35 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

‘In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?’

The initials FUP alone shouldn't require the need to elaborate any further. If you wish to have an enthusiastic discussion on the ameliorative effects of FUP go ahead. I won't waste my time getting involved in it.

I'm not saying all detractors were being racist but for Whelan its not right if its not white.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Dave Whelan said Venkys takeover of Rovers didn't feel right...that has proved to be 100% correct.

There was NO racism involved Vinjay,your out of order and possibly out of your mind.

Plus Whelan was playing for us when he broke his leg.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

The initials FUP alone shouldn't require the need to elaborate any further. If you wish to have an enthusiastic discussion on the ameliorative effects of FUP go ahead. I won't waste my time getting involved in it.

Good. We will hear no more from you.

Scunthorpe 0 Oldham 2

We really do have to win this game. Drawing won’t be a disaster but with today’s results and postponements the opportunity tomorrow presents keeps getting bigger. 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Scunthorpe 0 Oldham 2

We really do have to win this game. Drawing won’t be a disaster but with today’s results and postponements the opportunity tomorrow presents keeps getting bigger. 

Not sure how today's results are of much interest to us?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure how today's results are of much interest to us?

Only because we’ve been steadily pulling away from Scunthorpe as a promotion rival and their loss today puts them right out of contention if Rovers have to battle for second place.

The postponements add pressure for Shrewsbury and Rotherham. Though I feel automatic promotion has been looking more and more like a three horse race for a couple of weeks now. 

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

Only because we’ve been steadily pulling away from Scunthorpe as a promotion rival and their loss today puts them right out of contention if Rovers have to battle for second place.

The postponements add pressure for Shrewsbury and Rotherham. Though I feel automatic promotion has been looking more and more like a three horse race for a couple of weeks now. 

I wouldn't have looked down as far as Scunthorpe personally 

4 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I also heard he broke his leg once can that be corroborated?

Huh?? I don’t get what you’re on about with this. Of course it can, he was playing for us in an FA Cup final.

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Huh?? I don’t get what you’re on about with this. Of course it can, he was playing for us in an FA Cup final.

Its called sarcasm.

Maybe when/if Rovers get another transfer ban we can ask again if FUP is right?

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't have looked down as far as Scunthorpe personally 

I must be of a more nervous disposition :lol:

Archived