BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stuart said:

We aren’t even good enough for a play-off place with today’s squad.

Take out Dack and Bennett and we offer very little.

Mowbray has been lucky this season to have had three of the best League One players at his disposal. Whenever he has been asked to make a decision he has got it wrong.

Not good enough for the play offs with today's squad but good enough for top 2 with today's squad.

Nice one ??

Can't get too upset about the lads having a few drinks but it does seem as if their season is over. Doesnt feel right seeing the players out boozing twice in a week while there is still a title to go for. 

Win the league then celebrate all summer. 

They do genuinely all seem to be mates though which can only be good. 

On a side did anyone see the vid the rovers Twitter account up of the players celebrating in the changing room after Tuesday. Caddis looked so awkward. Obviously a bit of an outsider. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, benhben said:

Can't get too upset about the lads having a few drinks but it does seem as if their season is over. Doesnt feel right seeing the players out boozing twice in a week while there is still a title to go for. 

Win the league then celebrate all summer. 

They do genuinely all seem to be mates though which can only be good. 

On a side did anyone see the vid the rovers Twitter account up of the players celebrating in the changing room after Tuesday. Caddis looked so awkward. Obviously a bit of an outsider. 

Just seen it and now I feel sad for Caddis! 

He doesn’t seem to be on the night out videos either, maybe he’s just a bit quieter.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

For me the surprise would be if the players weren’t out in London tonight. Do you think it will be a few drinks though? I guess it could be more than a few. 

I’m sure Mowbray will have judged it properly and to my mind if they’re out celebrating tonight it won’t impact next Saturday. 

However cast your mind back to the Gillingham game and people questioning Dack’s social life. I’m pretty sure I read criticism on here of the players being out in Manchester on Wednesday? Then look at the reaction to today’s performance from some fans.

It doesn’t look good and that’s why I think it’s wrong for the players to post on social media. Celebrations are fine but there needs to be a touch of commonsense applied. 

You are spot on about the social media exposure especially after a defeat costing us, probably, any remaining chance of the Title.

A case if what the eye doesn't see..........

Actually I think TM treats the players as adults re nights out and boozing, sadly a mistake with these party animals

Young men in the atmosphere I imagine a football club dressing room generates are always going to go boozing. It’s how the management handle it that’s important. There’s a need to cut the players some slack at the right time in the right manner. Not doing so over the course of nine months will cause resentment. Ensuring the team’s performance isn’t effected is the key. 

I dont honestly see what the problem is or why people think its a cause for concern?

Its a bunch of mates going out having a few drinks celebrating on a weekend, just like you and I would. I think i'd be more concerned if they was'nt out together in London on a saturday night. 

Come on guys lighten up we've just been promoted for christs sake!

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Don’t you?

Well...no...

You can have a broken leg and have a drink..wouldn’t expect you to be playing football...

I’m assuming the guys went out for a drink after a long hard season and were celebrating. They have achieved what they set out to do, I really don’t see the issue. 

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Stuart said:

What are they resting for, their night out in London?

Two more games was all that was being asked.

I'm no professional athlete, but I've been on a night out with a hamstring tear, and I was fine. Just meant I had to limp a bit.

Two more games sounds reasonable, but it only takes a second out of 180 minutes to aggravate an injury playing a sport professionally to an intense level while on painkilling injections.

For the sake of 2 games, when they've achieved what was asked, I'd rather they recovered from those injuries. Note the Charlton player yesterday who was carrying a knock and now faces a rush to be ready for pre-season. If they were injured midseason, I wouldn't want to risk them and nor did Mowbray (on record saying so).

My only gripe yesterday was in not starting more u23s from the start.

Next week, I'd be tempted to bring in more:

Fisher

Lenihan  (u23)  Mulgrew

Travis  Hardcastle  Tomlinson  Bell

Rankin-Costello

Nuttall     Graham

Dunno which of Platt, Wharton, or Grayson to pick!

Perhaps too much to start the game but should be aiming to bring on u23s for all 3 subs at least.

Just now, Mike E said:

I'm no professional athlete, but I've been on a night out with a hamstring tear, and I was fine. Just meant I had to limp a bit.

Two more games sounds reasonable, but it only takes a second out of 180 minutes to aggravate an injury playing a sport professionally to an intense level while on painkilling injections.

For the sake of 2 games, when they've achieved what was asked, I'd rather they recovered from those injuries. Note the Charlton player yesterday who was carrying a knock and now faces a rush to be ready for pre-season. If they were injured midseason, I wouldn't want to risk them and nor did Mowbray (on record saying so).

Fisher

Lenihan  (u23)  Mulgrew

Rankin-Costello

Nuttall     Graham

Perhaps too much to start the game but should be aiming to bring on u23s for all 3 subs at least.

Platt it is then. Wharton’s Not back yet, is he? He’s had a decent season too.

wouldnt mind trying butterworth up front too.

On the players having a nights out, of permission was given by the manager, then why not. Being old school though, another manager may tell the players that they can rest and go wild when the season is done, just not yet.

if we had players who Put in extra work after and outside of training like C. Ronaldo or golden balls Becks, players who took care of their bodies etc, we might have more youths emerging. Saying this mainly after seeing Caddis’ shape. ? Is he nearing retirement? 

• Backroom

If the night out was a week ago I’d be pretty wound up but whether we agree or not promotion has all but ended the season last Tuesday, you could tell with Tonys interviews that it was job done and focus on next season now.

Sure they could have waited a week longer but I imagine the minute the whistle blows on Saturday they’ll be off to Vegas and the champagne lounges of Marbella.

Dacky May be wise to give his social media a rest over summer, his adventures with his reality tv star may be best unbroadcast!

As long as we don’t get a Bentley scenario and they come back fit that’s the main thing 

ps Gladwin was there last night - closest he’s been to the squad all season 

8 hours ago, AlanK said:

Not good enough for the play offs with today's squad but good enough for top 2 with today's squad.

Nice one ??

You did see yesterday’s squad, right? Raya, Dack and Bennett weren’t in it. Not to mention Nyambe and Chapman MkI.

Try to keep up.

47 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Fisher

Lenihan  (u23)  Mulgrew

Rankin-Costello

Nuttall     Graham

I was wondering about this when yesterday’s line up was announced. Do the rules allow for so many changes to the youth players?

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You did see yesterday’s squad, right? Raya, Dack and Bennett weren’t in it. Not to mention Nyambe and Chapman MkI.

Try to keep up.

They were out through injury. Or would you have played them anyway..?

If Dack had played and torn his hamstring over a game which means very little in the scheme of things (I spent the money to be there before you ask) surely you’d be criticising Mowbray for that instead? We’re promoted. I’d like us to win a trophy but lets face it, no one really remembers the L1 title winners. We played pretty well yesterday and were unlucky. After the season we’ve had, I can accept that. 

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Try to keep up.

Big difference between our SQUAD and yesterday's TEAM. The squad got us promoted.

Answer an question about the squad and get picked up by someone else about playing injured players. :rolleyes:

Ok, what was wrong with Raya, Bennett and Graham?  By the way Graham looked mighty pissed off whenever the camera panned to the bench - he certainly didn’t seem happy just to be promoted, he’s a winner.

Yes, we are up but the Season didn’t end on 25th April. It ends next week. Players still get paid, get match bonuses and get win bonuses. Fans still have to pay to watch.

Mowbray three yesterday’s game. In the context of the season, yes, it’s not the end of the world but what did he learn yesterday that he didn’t already? Caddis isn’t good enough even for L1? (well he knew that because he has been playing a midfielder instead of him). Samuel isn’t good enough full stop? (Knew that - certainly if goals are important). Payne is no Dack? (We know!).

If the result didn’t matter because we’ve “already achieved our objective” then he should have tried out the youth lads. They won’t get a chance against Oxford because most of the “injured” players will be back for their lap of honour.

Archived