BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

Seems the modern way at this level now, Grayson said the other night when asked if he was now finding a system that suited the players he's got that he didn't have 1 in mind but wanted to tailor it to each different game.

You can part understand it but i'm not a fan of swapping and changing every game I don't think there is a need for that if your good enough at what you do with your strongest 11 then stick to that and make them masters of it.

Sorry but swapping systems all the time doesn't bode well for clean sheets over a season imo but if your squad is strong enough to keep scoring regardless you'll get away with it which is what we've done at times.  I can't see TM altering his approach now but we are entering the championship rounds so to speak so it's live by the sword or die by it now.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we can played both systems and well enough now. Mowbray said this a couple of weeks ago. 

so no one is fannying around with systems. And we have the players who can play 3 at the back and well enough. 

clean sheets and scoring goals is the key for promotion. playing 3 at the back would help us keep clean sheets surely and with Armstrong, Graham and Dack we can score goals

So in total we have played around four league games in total with a back three and lost two of them. By my reckoning then we have lost 3 in 33 games with a flat back four.

Why on earth would anybody contemplate fannying around with a proven system which suits the players.

Just now, arbitro said:

So in total we have played around four league games in total with a back three and lost two of them. By my reckoning then we have lost 3 in 33 games with a flat back four.

Why on earth would anybody contemplate fannying around with a proven system which suits the players.

Not really. Didnt we win against Pompey and Bury using 3 at the back to win the games. We were drawing at Pompey until we went 3 at the back and won the game. Against Bury at home we were winning 1 nil before Mowbray went 4-2-3-1 and we won 2 nil. Against Walsall we were winning 2-1 away but playing badly and looking like we were going to concede until we switch to 3 at the back. 

Both systems suit the players we got and it gives us options of a plan A and B during games. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Not really. Didnt we win against Pompey and Bury using 3 at the back to win the games. We were drawing at Pompey until we went 3 at the back and won the game. Against Bury at home we were winning 1 nil before Mowbray went 4-2-3-1 and we won 2 nil. Against Walsall we were winning 2-1 away but playing badly and looking like we were going to concede until we switch to 3 at the back. 

Both systems suit the players we got and it gives us options of a plan A and B during games. 

So full games against Southend and Doncaster which we lost (and conceded five and it could have been a lot more). Then he used it in bits of games were we were drawing or winning anyway. I'll give you the second half against Oldham. 

Clearly we are far better suited to a back four and tampering now could be fatal.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So full games against Southend and Doncaster which we lost (and conceded five and it could have been a lot more). Then he used it in bits of games were we were drawing or winning anyway. I'll give you the second half against Oldham. 

Clearly we are far better suited to a back four and tampering now could be fatal.

Thats at the start of the season but recently we played much better and understand it better. Those 2 games were awful display and we lost 4 games in 11 games but since then the players and Mowbray have understsnd each other and working much better. We had a bumper start but after a new players comimg in and taking time to understand their roles and formations we gone on 1 lost in 26 games. 

Tampering? Really. 

We can play both systems now and we need it at different times of the season

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thats at the start of the season but recently we played much better and understand it better. Those 2 games were awful display and we lost 4 games in 11 games but since then the players and Mowbray have understsnd each other and working much better. We had a bumper start but after a new players comimg in and taking time to understand their roles and formations we gone on 1 lost in 26 games. 

Tampering? Really. 

We can play both systems now and we need it at different times of the season

Of course it's tampering. Evidentially we have a system which works and has got us to the cusp of promotion and you are advocating starting with a system which clearly doesn't suit us as well as a back four. I just don't understand the logic of what you are proposing.

Just now, arbitro said:

Of course it's tampering. Evidentially we have a system which works and has got us to the cusp of promotion and you are advocating starting with a system which clearly doesn't suit us as well as a back four. I just don't understand the logic of what you are proposing.

Tampering in your view not mine. 

3 at the backs works cos then we have 2 strikers and Dack in hole causing them problems. Recently Teams have marked Dack out of the games at times. I prefer Armstrong up front not wide cos he scores goals from up front position. 

At back 3 does suit us tho. Bell is wing back not full back and played as wing back for Fleetwood. 

Bennett has played a wing back role in his career. 

Payne isnt a winger and didnt keep the width enough. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tampering in your view not mine. 

3 at the backs works cos then we have 2 strikers and Dack in hole causing them problems. Recently Teams have marked Dack out of the games at times. I prefer Armstrong up front not wide cos he scores goals from up front position. 

At back 3 does suit us tho. Bell is wing back not full back and played as wing back for Fleetwood. 

Bennett has played a wing back role in his career. 

Payne isnt a winger and didnt keep the width enough. 

We are going round the houses here. If you think starting with a back three, despite lots of evidence to the contrary will be better suited to get us winning games then fair enough. 

I (and I'd wager the vast majority) don't.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Play 2 up front and Dack behind. Take the game to them. If Chapman has been fit then 4-2-3-1. Evans played well in the last game plus played well yesterday for N.Ireland. Payne was awful in the last game

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33311-rovers-v-blackpool/&page=1

Even though Chapman wasn't fit against Blackpool in our last game you proposed 4-2-3-1. What's changed?

2 hours ago, meadows said:

The scatter-brained tactics which have seen his team lose once in 26 outings presumably?

'Lies Damned Lies and Statistics'.

Tell you what, I'm sick of being on pins in the last ten minutes of almost every game.

In another unrelated topic, I am thinking about heading to the Bristol Rovers game but looking at the info on the website it is very difficult to get a ticket. It states that you have to have attended  7 away games at least this season which I think is very fair for the genuine Rovers supporter.  I am living in Ireland and looked at flights to Bristol and they are at a great price but no point if I can't get a ticket at the match. Would love to experience an away game atmosphere but can't just expect to get a ticket like that. If anyone has any suggestions would be great.  COYB?⚪️

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Play 2 up front and Dack behind. Take the game to them. If Chapman has been fit then 4-2-3-1. Evans played well in the last game plus played well yesterday for N.Ireland. Payne was awful in the last game

I’m not sure if you’re suggesting we should play Chapman but given Armstrong’s form why on earth change it. 

Months without a game. The closest Chapman should be to the first team is the bench. Another player fans pin hopes on when currently there is no reason to suggest he would perform. Early season yes, today no. 

On 3/24/2018 at 23:28, Kamy100 said:

My only slight concern is that by the time we play this game it will be 19 days since we played our last game.  Just hope that we haven't lost some of the sharpness we had prior to this break. 

Poor them having 19 days off, however will they cope? This is not and should never be an excuse! 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I’m not sure if you’re suggesting we should play Chapman but given Armstrong’s form why on earth change it. 

Months without a game. The closest Chapman should be to the first team is the bench. Another player fans pin hopes on when currently there is no reason to suggest he would perform. Early season yes, today no. 

Chapman is injured, Chaddy said if he was fit he would play him. Pretty clear to understand I think 

Archived