BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

diabolical and disappointing attendance.

No " stay always" will come back for a game that's free to watch on SKY. Going off that attendance we've lost over 50% of our fan base of 10 years ago. We've seen before that the hardest thing in the world is get people who have turned their backs on the club to change their minds. Getting new fans is hard but it's easier than getting old fans back.  Before anyone asks I've obviously not turned my back on the club otherwise why do I spend probably an hour a day on this site ? 

It's been tough not going but a principle is a principle. My son was getting tickets for the Oxford game and I did consider asking him to get me one. Mrs Shoelaces solved my dilemma by booking plane tickets to Spain at the same time as we play.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to all those who contributed to the thread last bight. Contributions are vital. Obviously not to everyone's taste but those contributions reflect the normal emotional responses you see on other MB's on match days. It's great that not everyone has to be 'positive' (non-thinking cabbage?) and can actually think critically. Obviously moaning for moaning's sake is never good but I don't really see it on here. All I see is people who overreact emotionally at times, like we all do.

What's far worse is the non-contributors who only contribute to knock the contributors, or those that think their opinion is somehow more valid than anyone else's. For shame.

The righteous will be rewarded in the kingdom of heaven. And with promotion in the kingdom of Bradley.

Up The Rovers, Up Opinions, Up BRFCS, Up yer arse, Up up up and away to the Championship.

GOING UP!!

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wow - one defeat in 32, odds-on to go up, and all some people can do is log on to moan about the moaners.  

This whole moaning business is nonsense. People see things differently and as this is a message board where people can offer their opinions that is just what they do. There have been opinions where supporters feel things could have been better, both from the players and manager because that's how thèy see it.

By the way nobody has moaned about winning. Everybody seems to agree that was the objective.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Well done to all those who contributed to the thread last bight. Contributions are vital. Obviously not to everyone's taste but those contributions reflect the normal emotional responses you see on other MB's on match days. It's great that not everyone has to be 'positive' (non-thinking cabbage?) and can actually think critically. Obviously moaning for moaning's sake is never good but I don't really see it on here. All I see is people who overreact emotionally at times, like we all do.

What's far worse is the non-contributors who only contribute to knock the contributors, or those that think their opinion is somehow more valid than anyone else's. For shame.

The righteous will be rewarded in the kingdom of heaven. And with promotion in the kingdom of Bradley.

Up The Rovers, Up Opinions, Up BRFCS, Up yer arse, Up up up and away to the Championship.

GOING UP!!

What sanctimonious crap.

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

diabolical and disappointing attendance.

As you can imagine, I've been thinking about this!

A Thursday night game, full prices, live on Sky, with 150 away fans, plus I imagine some folk will be holding back for Oxford too, so it was always going to return a poor gate.

Should it? Should 15,000 or so folk have been on the ground? Ideally. However, we need to remember that we have lost 12,000 season ticket holders in the Venky reign - we are down to early 90s levels of about 8,000. So even last night there were 3,500 none ST holders in the ground, 1500 more than were turning up before Xmas.

It's simple for me, get the ST sales up this summer and the crowds will rise. We sell 11,000 STs and we will be looking at gates of 15,000+ most weeks, a great recovery after a near decade of Venky mismangement - that should be the priority of Waggott et al - get the STs out NOW (like nearly every other club in England) and try and cash in on the feelgood factor!

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No " stay always" will come back for a game that's free to watch on SKY. Going off that attendance we've lost over 50% of our fan base of 10 years ago. We've seen before that the hardest thing in the world is get people who have turned their backs on the club to change their minds. Getting new fans is hard but it's easier than getting old fans back.  Before anyone asks I've obviously not turned my back on the club otherwise why do I spend probably an hour a day on this site ? 

It's been tough not going but a principle is a principle. My son was getting tickets for the Oxford game and I did consider asking him to get me one. Mrs Shoelaces solved my dilemma by booking plane tickets to Spain at the same time as we play.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind. 

Yes it’s a nice concept to put two fingers up to the owners but it’s not made any difference over the last 8 years and all you’re doing now is missing out on arguably our most enjoyable season in over a decade. 

At least the players and staff deserve the support after this season. 

• Moderation Lead

Re the moaning- to be fair, what's the point in everyone thinking the same way? Of course everyone is happy when we win, but people react to what they see, sometimes what they see isn't perfect, so people react accordingly.

In any aspect of life, people disagree, it's how it is.

My current favourite expression- 'you do you'.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not to excuse the reaction by Antonnsson but he had just been emptied out by a Posh that went unpunished.

It was also probably the only time in the game that Antonnson made a physical challenge for anything.

Evans getting a lot of stick just because he's Evans.

Tackle of the season by Grant that, absolutely smashed antonsson and the ball, perfectly fair and one you want your midfield general to make 

Brilliant win yesterday. Any more dropped points from Shrewsbury and its pretty much done. One thing you cant argue with is that this team keeps going until the end. I liked Grahams honest post match interview. Terrible first half for which we were lucky to only be 1-0 down. Its no coincidence that since bennett has gone to right back our pressing game is no where near what it was. Smallwood and Evans dont get around the pitch enough. Next season a high energy midfielder should be a target.

Derrick Williams for 99.99% of that game was utter garbage. Has the worst distrubution of any outfield player bar Antonsson I can remember. However he did pop up with two crucial headers which led to our goals so fair play. I just cant look at Williams and think Bell or an U23 left back wouldnt be an improvement. 

Lenhian is so important. Must keep hold!

Just now, benhben said:

Derrick Williams for 99.99% of that game was utter garbage. Has the worst distrubution of any outfield player bar Antonsson I can remember. However he did pop up with two crucial headers which led to our goals so fair play. I just cant look at Williams and think Bell or an U23 left back wouldnt be an improvement. 

Williams had a good game last night. 

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Another great contribution. And mine was a parody of the sanctimonious crap peddled by you and others. Glad you now recognise your own posts....

I think you're struggling.  Nothing clever about being a bit arch. The first-half melodrama fest needed calling out.  Or should we all fall into line with our new camp commander?

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

I think you're struggling.  Nothing clever about being a bit arch. The first-half melodrama fest needed calling out.  Or should we all fall into line with our new camp commander?

It was too clever for you though. Now stop moaning and enjoy the win. Your negativity is ruining the vibe, man.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Williams had a good game last night. 

First half he was absolutely appalling. He redeemed himself by getting involved with two of the goals, but I think it's quite a stretch to say he had a good game.....

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind. 

Yes it’s a nice concept to put two fingers up to the owners but it’s not made any difference over the last 8 years and all you’re doing now is missing out on arguably our most enjoyable season in over a decade. 

At least the players and staff deserve the support after this season. 

You seem to miss the point that I have been attending some away games. I enjoyed those, even when we lost.

Lets see what the Chicken Chokers do in the close season.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The first half was shocking outside of the first 5 minutes or so, to be fair 0-3 wouldn’t have been an unjustified scoreline and you’d struggle to pick a man outside of Raya who was doing even a competent job.

The comments on here perfectly echo the comments in the stand in the first half and I’m sure in pubs or people around the country watching with their mates it’s just on here it’s preserved so people can see back on it and highlight.

Whatever Tony did at half time worked.

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

First half he was absolutely appalling. He redeemed himself by getting involved with two of the goals, but I think it's quite a stretch to say he had a good game.....

Most players were appalling and only Raya did well 1st half. Tho Peterborough were excellent. Impressed by Edwards and Lloyd. 

Whatever Mowbray and Players said at half time worked and second half performance was excellent. 

Other people Ive spoken to said he also had a good game. 

Brilliant result in the end, rollercoaster of a game to watch!

Thinking about next season if we go up:

Second half showed that we're not as far off a good team as some might think. Add a decent central midfielder (eg Nolan) to play instead of Evans and add a quality winger then we wouldn't be far off.

The first half performance was absolute pish, so bad. Williams was shocking, but he redeemed himself second half. Antonnsson was poor, but at the end of the day he is a right footed striker being asked to play on the left wing. I thought, OG aside, Mulgrew kept us in the game first half along with Raya. 

Mowbray deserves enormous credit for whatever he said at half-time. Like night and day, although to be fair Peterborough ran completely out of steam and our quality shone though. 

A leg and a couple of toes in the Championship 

Archived