BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

I think Potter will be a success at Swansea. His subs have had impact. 

On WBA, looking at the bench only 5 players on it. WBA close to a swap loan deal for Rondan and Gayle from Newcastle Ive read on twitter. But they need more imo. At least another 5 incomings and a couple players leaving

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

One or two people will like the bulls eye logo. Something to aim at when their particular scapegoat is playing.

It's still " putting lipstick on a pig " though.

:lol: I jus my think it looks much more fitting with the shirt. The colour will be less of an issue the more we see it. The logo won’t.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I really hope Lampard is a success at Derby and I think he will be. He will need time and hopefully Mel Morris will get him this

Looking forward to seeing how Swansea play at Tea kick off game

Im looking forward to Rovers beating them all. ?

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

:lol: I jus my think it looks much more fitting with the shirt. The colour will be less of an issue the more we see it. The logo won’t.

Can not understand the logic with the choice of colour of the names and numbers on both home and away kits, looks terrible (taking into account it seems like the colour of the sponsors logo was out of Rovers control) but surely dark blue / navy blue on both would have been a logical choice, or black at a push.

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Can not understand the logic with the choice of colour of the names and numbers on both home and away kits, looks terrible (seems like the colour of the sponsors logo was out of Rovers control) but surely dark blue / navy blue on both would have been a logical choice

I can never understand the logic of the shirt manufacturers marketing team. They seem to think that they need to make the shirt sufficiently different each season to encourage people to buy one. But a shirt is the identity of the club - especially one as iconic as Rovers blue and white halves - the changes need to be in the stylisation, not fundamental thing like the blue and the mirroring of the halves.

Fans will buy the new shirt if they like it and not because it’s different from the last few seasons. I’ll be wearing the first dafabet one a bit longer yet. I won’t even buy this one when they are selling it off in April.

It does not need to be marmite, it needs to look good to the fans they are selling to. We aren’t United or Liverpool. There isn’t huge demand outside of the local catchment area.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I can never understand the logic of the shirt manufacturers marketing team. They seem to think that they need to make the shirt sufficiently different each season to encourage people to buy one. But a shirt is the identity of the club - especially one as iconic as Rovers blue and white halves - the changes need to be in the stylisation, not fundamental thing like the blue and the mirroring of the halves.

Fans will buy the new shirt if they like it and not because it’s different from the last few seasons. I’ll be wearing the first dafabet one a bit longer yet. I won’t even buy this one when they are selling it off in April.

It does not need to be marmite, it needs to look good to the fans they are selling to. We aren’t United or Liverpool. There isn’t huge demand outside of the local catchment area.

At least that is one thing, they have never butchered a home shirt with a terrible one colour back with halves on the front. Was thinking about that whilst watching the Sheff U game with their full white back of shirt

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

At least that is one thing, they have never butchered a home shirt with a terrible one colour back with halves on the front. Was thinking about that whilst watching the Sheff U game with their full white back of shirt

Don’t give them any ideas!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Can not understand the logic with the choice of colour of the names and numbers on both home and away kits, looks terrible (taking into account it seems like the colour of the sponsors logo was out of Rovers control) but surely dark blue / navy blue on both would have been a logical choice, or black at a push.

That's the darkest shade of the blue the numbers and letters are available in. The next darkest colour is black. It's possible they tried both and decided the blue looked better. What I don't understand though is why we have blue numbers on our blue away shorts.

Edited by Gumbi

34 minutes ago, Gumbi said:

That's the darkest shade of the blue the numbers and letters are available in. The next darkest colour is black. It's possible they tried both and decided the blue looked better in. What I don't understand though is why we have blue numbers on our blue away shorts.

So from reading elsewhere it is a EFL restriction on the colours apparenty (six available), what a bunch of tossers.

Edited by perthblue02

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Does anyone know what channel the highlights are on? Couldn’t see anything in the tv listings.....

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

21:00 on Quest channel 144 on Sky or 37 on Freeview.

Apparently Channel 5 didn't have enough viewers so Quest has now got it.  Quest have a deal for four years. A 90 minute programme at 9pm Saturday, shown again at 10am Sunday.

Personally I'm familiar with channel 5 but I've never heard of Quest 'til now.

Do not know if they have not put a geoblock on it yet, but the EFL show can be viewed live (obviously when it is on :) ) on the following link from outside of the UK  *

https://www.questod.co.uk/live/quest

* FOR MODS : Link is the official Quest UK site not a third party one 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

It's miles better than channel 5. I don't see how it could be worse to be honest. That siren when it came on used to put me off watching it. Then straight after match of the day. Still get goosebumps when that starts on a new season

Edited by Oldgregg86

25 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

The best coverage was in the 90s under Kenny, sky sports with Tyler, Keys and Gray. Match of the day not even close for me.

I tell you what Ally Mccoist was brilliant on co commentary during the World Cup, would love to hear him more on Football league games. Pure passion for the game. So much better than the boring Murphy, Phil Neville, kilbane keown and lawrenson of the BBC. They all need the chop.

• Like 1