BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you can add Marriott and Waghorn to the equation even though they haven't signed, but  then go on to say I can't use Vydra in my equation as "looking to sell isn't selling"?  mmm....

Can you at least acknowledge that their gate receipts alone give them £7 million more than us to start with per season? 

I think I came up with a £6.5 million figure as a rough estimate so that was my acknowledgement. I don't think that amount covers their transfer outlay and no doubt massive wage bill for this league.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

To anyone who is unhappy about the budget, what a decent/good budget then at the level for a mid level/low level club? 

I don't know the details of the budget, but I do know we need to make more signings before the transfer window shuts.

Just now, JHRover said:

I think I came up with a £6.5 million figure as a rough estimate so that was my acknowledgement. I don't think that amount covers their transfer outlay and no doubt massive wage bill for this league.

It's £6.9 million going off £20 per ticket. I did the calculation above. 

Over 10 years that is almost £70 million more than we make. 

Have they spent £70 million more than us in the last 10 seasons ins and outs considered? 

It's an enormous difference in revenue 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

To anyone who is unhappy about the budget, what a decent/good budget then at the level for a mid level/low level club? 

Surely the requirements are greater for a newly promoted Club than an established Championship one that might simply need a bit of fine tuning? 

Like JH I expected us to spend around £5-£6m in fees plus loans etc. The money you get for being in the Championship is £6m as opposed to £1m and any loans would simply be replacing the ones that left last season.

It never even occurred to me that the situation would be any different. We would only be standing still at that imo any more than around £6m I think you could say would be a bonus and smacking of real ambition.

Certainly didn't expect this apparent nightmare of a window whereby we don't appear to be competitive.

• Like 3

It's £6.9 million going off £20 per ticket. I did the calculation above. 

Over 10 years that is almost £70 million more than we make. 

Have they spent £70 million more than us in the last 10 seasons ins and outs considered? 

It's an enormous difference in revenue 

That depends on what you class as our average attendances. Even with only 11,000 home fans our average should be 14-15,000 factoring in massive away followings so their attendances aren't really double ours. Maybe on average 12,000 more. In which case 12,000 x £20 = £240,000, x 25 league and cup fixtures = £6 million.

Over 3 years (window for the farcical FFP rules) that's £18 million. They've spent way more than that on players infact won't be far off that this summer if they get Marriott and Waghorn along with that Dutch lad.

Anyhow, it's clear we aren't going to agree on this. I think these clubs are breaking FFP rules and aren't being sanctioned, I think there's a lot of people in football who agree with me and no amount of calculations on ticket prices will change that after the sums these clubs have been spending.

In an ideal world clubs would be left to spend as they wished and then I wouldn't have any complaints but whilst the league maintain the sham of these rules and we remain one of a small number to ever be punished I won't accept it.

I don't think Rovers should accept it either. If those running the club had anything about them they'd be lobbying the Football League on a regular basis to intervene and sanction offending clubs.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

That depends on what you class as our average attendances. Even with only 11,000 home fans our average should be 14-15,000 factoring in massive away followings so their attendances aren't really double ours. Maybe on average 12,000 more. In which case 12,000 x £20 = £240,000, x 25 league and cup fixtures = £6 million.

Over 3 years (window for the farcical FFP rules) that's £18 million. They've spent way more than that on players infact won't be far off that this summer if they get Marriott and Waghorn along with that Dutch lad.

I class our home attendance as what it is anywhere I check, 12,000. Even if I entertain you and put us at 13-15, 000, it's still roughly double ours at 27,000. I didn't even include cup games. 

Waghorn 6.5 million, Dutch guy 3.0 million. So you reckon they will pay almost 9 million for Marriott? 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

One could argue that Venkys initial projection of a £5 mil a year kitty  in the premier league is now required to sustain/mount any kind of tilt at promotion in the Championship. 

The blame lays at the door of the manager .. they offered a bigger budget but TM refused this for whatever reason ... now he’s messing about  for PL Loans and Players he knows ... bigger budgets come with bigger pressures.... 

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

One could argue that Venkys initial projection of a £5 mil a year kitty  in the premier league is now required to sustain/mount any kind of tilt at promotion in the Championship. 

Yep, at an absolute minimum. Barring an incredible season. 

Has any team gone up in the last 5 seasons without spending a fortune? Fulham maybe. They seemed to be sensible enough mixing the odd cash signing with youths and loans. Cardiff I suppose too

Just now, unleaded said:

The blame lays at the door of the manager .. they offered a bigger budget but TM refused this for whatever reason ... now he’s messing about  for PL Loans and Players he knows ... bigger budgets come with bigger pressures.... 

If ever there was a post that warranted the return of the laughing reaction emojis! 

• Like 2

I class our home attendance as what it is anywhere I check, 12,000. Even if I entertain you and put us at 13-15, 000, it's still roughly double ours at 27,000. I didn't even include cup games. 

Waghorn 6.5 million, Dutch guy 3.0 million. So you reckon they will pay almost 9 million for Marriott? 

Note that it is £6 million per year extra through ticket sales, or £7 million if we work to your figures. You've already accounted for a £9.5 million spend and rumours are that Marriott will be another £6+ so that's knocking £16 million this summer alone.

That's before wages and before last summers business.

We're also not getting into the realm of us selling £30 million of players and spending effectively zilch in that period which comfortably outstrips our annual calculations of what they make on tickets that we don't.

23 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't know the details of the budget, but I do know we need to make more signings before the transfer window shuts.

I not disagree we need signings

Just now, unleaded said:

Did he? Can you get more details please? 

Just now, JHRover said:

Note that it is £6 million per year extra through ticket sales, or £7 million if we work to your figures. You've already accounted for a £9.5 million spend and rumours are that Marriott will be another £6+ so that's knocking £16 million this summer alone.

That's before wages and before last summers business.

We're also not getting into the realm of us selling £30 million of players and spending effectively zilch in that period which comfortably outstrips our annual calculations of what they make on tickets that we don't.

Oh my god, please stop. The 9.5 million was to entertain you, I included waghorn who hasn't signed. I didn't include Vydra who they will sell. You have your agenda, dress it up however you want, they bring in roughly £70 million in gate receipts more than us over a 10 year period. The figures are there for all to see. I'm not going through them with you again. 

1 minute ago, unleaded said:

Sounds very like the start of a new game of Football manager. Personally I usually go for the pay off option with a medium sized budget. The feckers sack you if you go for the big one and aren't top practically all season! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Well this is dull, something happen! ??

Can hardly wait for the game tomorrow night with us adopting the 4-6-0 formation again.

Just now, unleaded said:

Not suprised by this if true, which judging by who posted it, I suspect it to be. Another reason I currently can't see him lasting the season unfortunately. I want to be proved wrong, but I just don't sense any "real" ambition with the man. 

Never one to give Venkeys much credit, but I'm sure for the first time in 8 years even they realised they had a brief amount of feel good within the club and possibly would be open for a 'bit' of spending to keep the positive momemtum going. However all those players apparently wear caps backwards and ripped jeans.

Time to prove us wrong, past time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

You really need to expand on and justify that statement or else the wolf pack will be a hunting.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Oh my god, please stop. The 9.5 million was to entertain you, I included waghorn who hasn't signed. I didn't include Vydra who they will sell. You have your agenda, dress it up however you want, they bring in roughly £70 million in gate receipts more than us over a 10 year period. The figures are there for all to see. I'm not going through them with you again. 

Fair enough, and you have your agenda which seems to be little old Rovers have to sit on the sidelines and accept other clubs spending massive amounts without sanction whilst we spend nothing and worry about FFP rules.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Whatever it is it seems we haven't got it.

There are lots of clubs in the Championship who have players under contract on decent wages, clubs who get gates of 15-20,000 a week, yet those clubs also spend in the transfer market. All those players bar Evans signed deals either under Mowbray or Coyle so ought to be on sensible Championship wages.

I'm as pleased as the next man that we haven't lost any big hitters from last season - yet - namely Dack. Lenihan and Mulgrew - but no evidence our resolve has been tested by way of bids given that Dack has never kicked a ball in the Championship, Mulgrew is out of contract next year and Lenihan spent most of last season in the treatment room.

Perhaps they signed believing we  would do some transfer business? A gloomy season spent trying to avoid relegation with dwindling crowds------how would we expect to keep these good players we're so pleased at re-signing?

Somewhere along the line there has to be some point to all this. Can't just exist for the sake of it.