BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Unleaded is often bang on and may well be on this occasion. However...

Its the opposite that I was told - by a former very Senior member of staff at Rovers - who said Mowbray had asked for a 20m investment for this season and walked away from the meeting in India with a 10m promise (again, to be clear, football clubs don't have 'transfer budgets', they have seasonal budgets to include new contracts, transfer fees, wages, agents fees etc), which I posted here. 

To be clear, that doesn't mean i'm right and Unleaded is wrong - he's certainly got form for being right and i'm absolutely not saying the 10m increase is 100%.

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No idea where that is.  Just recall reading it.

I am searching but my data internet is shite in the rainy season here. It may have been in a Q & A, I saw one on the Rovers site from Waggot in late May summarising the Pune trip. I think TM did similar. Presently i can't navigate or search on the Rovers site!

Waggot's Q & A:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/steve-waggott-qa-part-one/

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Its the opposite that I was told - by a former very Senior member of staff at Rovers - who said Mowbray had asked for a 20m investment for this season and walked away from the meeting in India with a 10m promise (again, to be clear, football clubs don't have 'transfer budgets', they have seasonal budgets to include new contracts, transfer fees, wages, agents fees etc), which I posted here. 

To be clear, that doesn't mean i'm right and Unleaded is wrong - he's certainly got form for being right and i'm absolutely not saying the 10m increase is 100%.

Not wanting to sound like an ass, but what has Unleaded being bang on about in the past? I looked through his comments and didn't see any predictions or claims 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not wanting to sound like an ass, but what has Unleaded being bang on about in the past? I looked through his comments and didn't see any predictions or claims 

He's often broke transfer news - especially during the Bowyer era, on here first.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I am searching but my data internet is shite in the rainy season here. It may have been in a Q & A, I saw one on the Rovers site from Waggot in late May summarising the Pune trip. I think TM did similar. Presently i can't navigate the Rovers site!

He didn't tell the owners not to spend more money 

I see. Which deals? Does he have a source inside the club or something?  

I don't think he's ever revealed where he's getting it from.

In better news I know a massive Rovers fan whos house overlooks the main pitch at Brockhall village. RE training he said to me this week: "Mowbray has got them out twice a day, for longer than i've ever seen them training before". So at least we're training this pre-season.

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

In better news I know a massive Rovers fan whos house overlooks the main pitch at Brockhall village. RE training he said to me this week: "Mowbray has got them out twice a day, for longer than i've ever seen them training before". So at least we're training this pre-season.

I read something re training recently, they must be up to an hour a day now. I kid not, lol

But you said you are looking for the quotes saying that he did 

To be clear I am looking for his quotes to see what was said.

I recall him saying he wanted to keep the owners ambitions in check or words to that effect but not about turning down a bigger transfer budget offer. He may or may not, I don't know.

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

He's often broke transfer news - especially during the Bowyer era, on here first.

With all due respect, having the inside on transfers can be very different from knowing about what transpired in discussions between the gaffer and the owners. Again, with all respect, since there is no concrete evidence either ways eh

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

To be clear I am looking for his quotes to see what was said.

I recall him saying he wanted to keep the owners ambitions in check or words to that effect but not about turning down a bigger transfer budget offer. He may or may not, I don't know.

That's the bit I recall.  Which would imply they were willing to chuck money at it.

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's the bit I recall.  Which would imply they were willing to chuck money at it.

If I told you that several people (who have met with / worked for) the owners have told me that Venkys are ALWAYS willing to spend more would you believe me? 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There was something in the LET about this, i remenber reading it. Something along the lines of building slowly and steady as opposed to crash bang wallop. I dont recall TM turning money down but he did say he never used "ALL" the funds available last season.

On a side note, Whatever our budget is, remember this will inc January transfere dealings too

Mowbray's interview after India where he says "I think the budget we've been given is going to be substantial enough to add some quality players and not break wage structures"

The spirit is the most important thing. Of course, you need a bit of class to win games or someone to keep heading corners away, but spirit is the most important thing. The Owners understand that, to that point that I think the budget we've been given is going to be substantial enough to add some quality players and not break wage structures. I want to sign young, hungry, creative players and create competition all over the pitch."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/tony-mowbray-qa-part-one/

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/tony-mowbray-qa-part-two/

Edited by briansol
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those wondering how Derby escape FFP, take a look at this 

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

Derby get an average of 27,000 fans per home game. Lets say a ticket costs £25 pounds, with us having gates of around 12,000 fans per week, that is £375,000 per week more than we make, £1.5 million per month. 

Do they play at home every week ? No wonder they're doing well.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do they play at home every week ? No wonder they're doing well.

I think escaping FFP has more to do with selling their best asset last season (Will Hughes and Tom Ince) for 20 mill combined.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I keep hearing talk of the 'slow' approach of gradually building a squad. Yet the manager has said that half of his remaining business will be loan signings.

Several of those the manager has signed weren't good enough for League One, never mind the Championship - Gladwin, Caddis, Hart - and now need to be disposed of and replaced.

He said yesterday that Evans and Mulgrew will not be getting new contracts as things stand as we can't afford them.

So lets assume we bring in 4 more, 2 of which are loans. Then next summer (assuming we manage to survive) we need to replace the loans, Evans, Mulgrew and whoever else is out of contract. Its a never ending rebuilding job.

Like building on quicksand. How about we sign some decent players good enough for the Championship on long term deals, keep them and each transfer window add a few who are better, rather than leaving it to the last minute and relying on the loan market to fill up the squad until next year.

Before anyone has a go at me, the manager has said this himself and yet it doesn't seem to be happening.

Mulgrew and Evans new contract will depending on fitness and how many games they play this season. surely this is the right way? 

our Squad next season and beyond be

Keepers - Raya Fisher

Defender - Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams Bell

Midfielders - Bennett Travis Davenport Smallwood Rothwell Dack

Strikers - Nuttall Samuel. 

Plus 2 more permanent signings which would take that up 17 players under contract for next season. Plus is Platt, Tomlinson and Simmonds come through from the academy plus if we give new contracts to Graham and Mulgrew for instance that would be 20 players. Maybe 2 or 3 from the list above might more on 

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

I would imagine we have around 6-7 million pounds left after the 2 signings and new contracts aswell. 

@roversfan99 this is where I got 10 million budget from. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Mowbray and Waggott spoke to India to get an increase in budget. Mowbray has said his 1st targets are still available so hopefully the next few days we see some signings. 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

That's good that they are proper training and much better than under Coyle days as manager. 

• Like 1