BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

18 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Smallwood refused to sign a new contract with Rotherham. That's why he left.
To suggest he was "discarded" by Rotherham is a complete misleading of history.

Don't like how we talk up players and then discard them the next.
Downing was being raved about last season, and now he doesn't even warrant a place on the bench in some peoples eyes. How many games did we win with him in the starting XI?
Until recently Smallwood was being spoken of as the "King of Ewood". Now we have been linked to the player north of the border who is talented, people are talking about Smallwood like he should be released on a free!

I'm absolutely baffled how anyone can talk down Smallwood, whilst we still have Peter Whittingham and Ben Gladwin!

Fully appreciate your perspective, but talking up a player for their role in League 1 and wanting them 'discarding' in the Championship is very different and almost normal.

If our first 11 next season includes too many players such as Williams, Downing, Smallwood, Samuel, Nuttall etc, we will be relegation fodder.

All I am saying is I view Smallwood as the 3rd best CM in our "proven" squad (behind Bennett and Evans) and I expect it won't take long for Travis and Davenport to surpass him. McGinn clearly is better.

He earned his respect and part in the squad, but he will never be better than a bottom 10 championship/league 1 player. Nothing against him, but if he was to leave to make way for McGinn, how would you feel?

• Like 3

Posh chairman AGAIN turning down WBA, Ipswich fans and anyone else who asks about Maddison. 

But not even responding to ours.

The prick’s got me wrapped round his little finger.

There’ll be nothing in it probably but I can’t stand no rumours so I’m fuelling my own!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

Ball winning midfielder for me and holding aerial threat striker. Evident against Ipswich we lacked bite in midfield 

I totally disagree with your statement in bold, so did every Ipswich fan I talked to after the game. They could not get over how aggressive we where all over the park

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We also need a target man first and foremost, before any of those.

Loan deal for one of Cameron Jerome or Chris Martin from Derby, and George Thorne or Jacob Butterfield for centre mid if we can't get McGinn in. Double loan swoop or a buy and a loan. You'd definitely take two out of any of them four. Chapman/Maddison and Bauer too and we'll be looking tasty... 

9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Posh chairman AGAIN turning down WBA, Ipswich fans and anyone else who asks about Maddison. 

There’ll be nothing in it probably but I can’t stand no rumours so I’m fuelling my own!

I'm of the belief that we were in for him he might be the one that mowbray had talks with but went no further cos of attitude 

and because of his posh chairman isn't even regarding our fans exct I'm sure posh chairman came out and said some team backed out and he's miffed?

• Backroom
1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

I'm of the belief that we were in for him he might be the one that mowbray had talks with but went no further cos of attitude 

and because of his posh chairman isn't even regarding our fans exct I'm sure posh chairman came out and said some team backed out and he's miffed?

That was a free agent and I think Mowbray said he had gone to another team 

Just now, Bepeja43 said:

In some cases, Rovers fans have their pet hate players, and no matter what they perform like, they want them replacing. This was even true during our great days under Kenny in the 90s..

So name a player who was a "pet hate"

18 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yes strange that he keeps ignoring those question about Rovers, I don't think he even answerd that one about Mowbray ? Seems to answer almost everything else.

8 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

In some cases, Rovers fans have their pet hate players, and no matter what they perform like, they want them replacing. This was even true during our great days under Kenny in the 90s..

City have just won their league in a canter. Do you think they sat down in May and said " Well we've walked this league, no need to sign anybody  ? Not a chance.

When we won it that summer we should have gone out a got a top class left winger to replace Jason Wilcox and a top class centre half to replace Ian Pearce. The next close season look at your two least effective players and replace them. That's how you keep on winning things. Not like we did, sitting back and saying " Aren't we great ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Yes strange that he keeps ignoring those question about Rovers, I don't think he even answerd that one about Mowbray ? Seems to answer almost everything else.

“Directly”

”...in years gone by...”

?

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

City have just won their league in a canter. Do you think they sat down in May and said " Well we've walked this league, no need to sign anybody  ? Not a chance.

When we won it that summer we should have gone out a got a top class left winger to replace Jason Wilcox and a top class centre half to replace Ian Pearce. The next close look at your two least effective players and replace them. That's how you keep on winning things. Not like we did, sitting back and saying " Aren't we great ".

So you are critisisng Wilcox and Pearce? Unbelievable!