BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No he didn't. But you were throwing Ipswich out there as a potential destination shortly after saying we had no chance due to the cost.

If those figures are correct and Graham is on 20k a week then a loan at 50% of his wage is more or less on that figure for Assombalonga. Again I'm not saying it is likely to happen but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the sort of deal we're looking at and Middlesbrough might fancy saving themselves 16 weeks at £20,000 = £320,000 to allow him to come here for the next 17 games rather than sit on their bench if Pulis doesn't like him. If he comes here and notches 10 goals his value will increase and they'll have a better chance of selling him come the summer. That's the incentive for Boro.

I posted an article that suggested Gestede was a target. wasn't my info. 

I don't see Boro loaning a striker that could help us get top 6 and knock them off. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Burnley came in for him as Stoke have bid for Vokes from Burnley. 9 million pounds. 

I would rather the club look at Adams from Birmingham if we cant get Gallagher in on loan which is the deal that's IMO looks likely

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Bristol City, Nottingham Forest, Swansea (if they get rid of Bony). All are in a similar position to us looking for that little bit extra to push themselves into the top 6.

Yeah, so of which I'd see only Forest as a major threat (if they were interested) as he's played for them before. Bristol and Swansea are not bigger or more attractive clubs. I doubt Swansea are in the business of paying big wages.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

“Brad, as a show of intent we’re bringing in Assombalonga on loan. He earns a lot more than you but we think that you and him can fire us to promotion. Do that and you’ll be on 50k p/wk. Make him feel welcome, cheers”

End of conversation.

Something along those lines yes. Rather than destroying the team spirit and upsetting existing players going out and signing top drawer quality could actually have a positive impact. If someone like Dack is contemplating whether to stick around for another season or move on elsewhere is he more likely to stay at a club recruiting for a promotion push by signing and spending accordingly? Good players want to play with other good players, if a good player can see the club is ambitious and is 'going for it' I'd hope he is more likely to fancy hanging around than if we turn around and ask him to wait for 3-4 years for the 'slow build' development that has been mentioned.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Which bigger clubs are you referring to? Villa and Derby don't need him, they're already well equipped. WBA and Stoke probably have more cash but aren't bigger clubs and again probably don't need to waste their time with a 4 month loan. Norwich and Leeds on their way to promotion with what they've got. Sheff Utd doing well and aren't a rich enough club to be able to throw £20,000+ a week at a loan. Birmingham and Sheff Weds are heavily restricted on signings. Not sure who else there is who are richer than us who are more attractive at this moment in time.

You could easily say that we don’t need him as we’ve got Graham, those clubs probably need him more than we do. He’s got pretty much the best scoring record out of any Championship striker in the last few years.

• Like 1

So after having a quick read of the article written by Sharpe I am still no closer to figuring out what is happening with Gallagher. There are so many "could" and "likely" words that it makes me think that Sharpe knows the square root of jack sh!t about our transfer dealings. The only tiny nugget was "he may be keen on the move if the opportunity arises". Hardly groundbreaking journalism is it!

Edited by JeffRover

Also in a mini interview with Sky, Dark has reiterated the fact that he is content here. He also confirmed that he is in talks with the club about a new contract but "would let the powers that be get on with that".

• Like 1

Just now, JeffRover said:

So after having a read of the article written by Sharpe I am still no closer to figuring out what is happening with Gallagher. There are so many "could" and "likely" words that it makes me think that Sharpe knows the square root of jack sh!t about our transfer dealings. The only tiny nugget was "he may be keen on the move if the opportunity arises". Hardly groundbreaking journalism is it!

Stories are broken here before Sharpe breaks them. That tells you all you need to know! 

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Yeah, so of which I'd see only Forest as a major threat (if they were interested) as he's played for them before. Bristol and Swansea are not bigger or more attractive clubs. I doubt Swansea are in the business of paying big wages.

Swansea and Bristol City at the moment are as attractive options as us. And Swansea look like selling Bony so that get's them not only a transfer fee but also saves them getting on for 100K a week in wages.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would rather the club look at Adams from Birmingham if we cant get Gallagher in on loan which is the deal that's IMO looks likely

Apparently west Ham are in for him

6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Then you should qualify it as your opinion instead of simply dismissing it out of hand as though you knew

its opinion as I posted in my account. 

3 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Also in a mini interview with Sky, Dark has reiterated the fact that he is content here. He also confirmed that he is in talks with the club about a new contract but "would let the powers that be get on with that".

was this interview today?

He deserved a new contract. 5 year deal with no release clause

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

was this interview today?

He deserved a new contract. 5 year deal with no release clause

Yes, he went on a school visit with another member of the squad with the sky cameras in close quarters.

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You don't need to see a player in the flesh to know what they are like. I have A 65 inch 4K tv which I connect my Laptop when watching games. I can see plenty. 

Seeing him more in the flesh doesn't make you more of an expert. In fact you mentioned his spell at Birmingham showing he hasn't kicked on. How many times did you watch him play for them, in the flesh or on TV? 

Can't imagine we were on live TV very often the season we were relegated, so basically you've hardly ever seen him play, apart from on goal highlights shows, but are criticising me for pulling his stats off Wikipedia!

?

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't imagine we were on live TV very often the season we were relegated, so basically you've hardly ever seen him play, apart from on goal highlights shows, but are criticising me for pulling his stats off Wikipedia!

?

We were on TV at least 6 times that I can remember with Gallagher scoring that awesome low volley vs (I think) Wolves.

6 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Yes, he went on a school visit with another member of the squad with the sky cameras in close quarters.

It's fairly worrying he needs another new contract at all. As our best player he should have at the very least been put on parity with our other top earners when he got his new deal last summer.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my opinion

Doesn't sound like your opinion when you write stuff like...

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Boro wanted rid and him of the books. They offered him to us. Problem is we dont pay them sort of wages anymore. 

Facts and opinions aren't the same ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's fairly worrying he needs another new contract at all. As our best player he should have at the very least been put on parity with our other top earners when he got his new deal last summer.

I thought he was.

Problem is our top earner might be about to change...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

The S*n said last week that those talks had broken down. It may have been a Nixon special. 

• Like 1

Last thing you do is go and chuck a massive 5 year contract at someone like Dack with his rep for getting distracted easily.  Softly softly year on year is the best approach nice little extensions and pay rises when they are earned in fact we should deal with them all like that.

If he wants to go he'll go and if someone offers out of this world money then we can't compete anyway but other similar clubs we should be able to match the wages and ambition but if not let him go and move on.  He's good we don't want to lose him but we also need to evolve so we don't totally rely on him which we had begun to but seemed to have altered things recently so we don't as much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

?

You can watch practically alll of our games live on ifollow. 

How do you not know that? 

So between that and sky I watched almost every game he played for us. 

So, I'll ask again, how many times did you watch him play for Birmingham? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can watch practically alll of our games on ifollow. 

You don't have ifollow. That was established last season. If you've got it since I'll look forward to your in-depth match analysis after you've watched it on your massive TV?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can watch practically alll of our games live on ifollow. 

Because I go to the games. Why would I have any interest in ifollow? 

How did you not know 4000 holes came from the famous Beatles song?

?

We'll have to agree to disagree on Gallagher. If he was that good, Birmingham would have signed him permanently or at least extended his loan.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3