BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

We wouldn't be paying him 40k a week if it happened. Loan or otherwise.

That is pretty much where I am. For a club like ours paying anywhere near his reputed wage is madness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

109 appearances for a 23 year old is pretty good. I liked what I saw of him here and he played his best stuff in a Rovers shirt as well. 

Did you miss the 18 career goals bit?

Gallagher's a Jack of all trades, master of none. Unless he's improved significantly since his time here and by the looks of his Birmingham spell he hasn't.

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Come Thursday evening Madons picture will be on dartboards all around Blackburn. At least there’s been some interest! 

How exciting! 

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Given Mowbrays often public show of fairness I honestly can't see us paying wages which are not on parity with the current highest earners. One sure fire way of upsetting the spirit and morale of the current squad is by bringing somebody in and paying them way above senior players.

You may be right, but if we adopt that point of view permanently, we'll never improve.

"Alan Shearer? Nah, it'll upset the others!"

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You may be right, but if we adopt that point of view permanently, we'll never improve.

"Alan Shearer? Nah, it'll upset the others!"

It's a gradual process as Mowbray has said many times. Smashing your wage structure by a significant amount isn't a good practice in my view.

I don't think Shearer would have been on more than double the wages of Mimms, Hendry, Newell and others do you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did you miss the 18 career goals bit?

Gallagher's a Jack of all trades, master of none. Unless he's improved significantly since his time here and by the looks of his Birmingham spell he hasn't.

He is a young lad. I thought he looked good here. Quick, strong and could finish. I am basing my opinion on what I have seen, not his Wikipedia. 

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

It's a gradual process as Mowbray has said many times. Smashing your wage structure by a significant amount isn't a good practice in my view.

I don't think Shearer would have been on more than double the wages of Mimms, Hendry, Newell and others do you?

Shearer was on 10 x the wage of some of our first team players when he signed.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bell's been doing really well recently. That'd be spending money that doesn't really need to be spent and diverting money away from  far more pressing needs ie a top striker and centre back (or tying down Rodwell) for me.

I would say Bell has not done as much wrong recently (the last game).

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

When Wolves were sold by Steve Morgan to Fosun they very quickly decided to invest very heavily into assembling a squad to get promotion as soon as possible. They had a plan and it has worked very well but they must have blown their wage structure to smithereens when bringing in the likes of Ruben Neves to the Championship whilst already having people like Connor Coady already on their books.

Point being that if you are serious about progressing there comes a stage where you have to push the boat out and bring in one or two top drawer players, and that in itself doesn't necessary have to upset the applecart with those already here.

I'm not saying I'm keen for us to start paying silly money out or going back to the bad old days but steadfastly refusing to go beyond an existing wage structure whilst noble and financially sensible may result in us not progressing. To attract quality and keep quality you have to be able to raise the levels on wages and spending.

• Like 5

In other news, is there a way of turning Madon's post notifications on? 

This 'guess the wages' game has gotten old now.

Edited by Mellor Rover

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/britt-assombalonga-boro-outbid-various-13345323

It is understood the move will double his £20,000 Forest wages and includes rich goal bonuses 

There you go

Bit late there, that was already posted a page or so back.

In the 30 - 40k range i would hazard with additional bonuses attached.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/britt-assombalonga-boro-outbid-various-13345323

It is understood the move will double his £20,000 Forest wages and includes rich goal bonuses 

There you go

You do all know what it means when a journalist writes. "It is understood..."

I could be rude, but it's journalistic language for. "I'm guessing."

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

Any update on the illusive man that is Britt? No, okay I'll check in again later on. See someone else tried to provide some sort of evidence for his suggested wage. Butttttt I guess that's only speculation. Can't have it being potentially true. Shout the guy down!!!

Que the drum roll announcement of Gallagher at the eleventh hour. 

That Chapmans not a bad signing though. He's got a nice sledge too. He's also claimed himself the nutmeg king. Hamstring might have gone though. Get Vince Grella in for counselling now.

Also who the hell plays the championships best "potential" signing on the wing. Your as bad a Mowbray the mogga. It'll be Graham in goal next.

Anyway ............. continue wage discussion it's keeping me informed. 

11 minutes ago, booth said:

You do all know what it means when a journalist writes. "It is understood..."

I could be rude, but it's journalistic language for. "I'm guessing."

Just as everyone on here is in arguably a less educated manner. 

Talk of 60,70 grand are ludicrous 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Interesting comments from Mowbray about Chapman.
He basically heavily hinted that Boro really haven't been taking care of the lad.
They had been willing to put him on the bench and use him as an impact sub. But upon the Sports Science evaluating Chapman for his medical, they suggested he was at least 3-6 weeks of intensive gym workout away from being fit to play.

Chapman himself said during his interview that a lack of game time at any level was behind his repeat injuries.