BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Are you really naïve enough to think that if a Premier League side came into for Dack that he wouldn't want to move. I'm sure Dack is happy here and has a good relationship with the manager but if a Premier League side came in for him you I guarantee he would want to go and test himself at the top level, why wouldn't he?

Cos...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Are you really naïve enough to think that if a Premier League side came into for Dack that he wouldn't want to move. I'm sure Dack is happy here and has a good relationship with the manager but if a Premier League side came in for him you I guarantee he would want to go and test himself at the top level, why wouldn't he?

Look at what I said. No where did I say he wouldnt want to move.

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

All this talk about BB's fee being more reasonable because it is spread out in installments is a complete red herring. Everyone's fees are structured like that, it's not as if we would have to pay up front for anyone else yet somehow managed to get BB on the never never. It has to be paid eventually.

Don't think he's as bad as people make out though. He's never been given a chance.

Revidge, I think you and others are sort of missing the point on this. 

Brereton's fee isn't described as 'potentially 7m' because it is being paid in instalments. It is described in that way because it is based on performance (both personal and team performance). 

It's really very simple. I don't understand why this is still being discussed. We don't need another person to say 'I don't think everyone realises that transfers aren't paid in full'. 

If he establishes himself as a good player for us we will probably end up paying near 7m for him. If he turns out to be a complete flop then we will pay nowhere near that amount. We haven't shelled out 7m, either upfront or in a payment structure. 

Can we please stop endlessly discussing his transfer. It's all relatively clear and simple and now we can just wait and see if he makes it into the first team and becomes a useful player for us. It's all painfully boring. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I honestly don't think at this point he'd go somewhere like Brighton, Cardiff, Burnley, Huddersfield, Fulham or Newcastle.

Someone higher up the table with more chance of being in the Premier League next season, then yes.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Going off on a tangent, you see far less watching on tv than being at the game.

Having been at many games and also watched many on tv, I don't believe this oft-repeated mantra at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Brereton's fee isn't described as 'potentially 7m' because it is being paid in instalments. It is described in that way because it is based on performance (both personal and team performance). 

It's really very simple. I don't understand why this is still being discussed. 

If he establishes himself as a good player for us we will probably end up paying near 7m for him. If he turns out to be a complete flop then we will pay nowhere near that amount. We have shelled out 7m, neither upfront nor in a payment structure. 

Can we please stop endlessly discussing his transfer. It's all relatively clear and simple and now we can just wait and see if he makes it into the first team and becomes a useful player for us. It's all painfully boring. 

No - one on here knows whether his fee is rising to a total of £7m including performance based add ons, or £7m plus add ons.

So let's not pretend we do.

The fee isn't even the issue for me. The issue is it's a largish fee, whatever the exact figure may be, yet he hasn't been given a proper chance.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

No - one on here knows whether his fee is rising to a total of £7m including performance based add ons, or £7m plus add ons.

So let's not pretend we do.

The fee isn't even the issue for me. The issue is it's a largish fee, whatever the exact figure may be, yet he hasn't been given a proper chance.

Well, let me use your own argument against you then. 

In spite of countless reports on the fee (which have been very clear), no one knows how it is structured. Therefore, how can you assert that it is a largeish fee? 

Give it a rest. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It's really very simple. I don't understand why this is still being discussed. We don't need another person to say 'I don't think everyone realises that transfers aren't paid in full'. 

If he establishes himself as a good player for us we will probably end up paying near 7m for him. If he turns out to be a complete flop then we will pay nowhere near that amount. We haven't shelled out 7m, either upfront or in a payment structure.  

Nobody on here knows what the initial outlay was so your whole post, whilst trying to be authoritative, actually proves nothing.

We may have to pay a guaranteed £6m for all you know. That could still mean we have to pay £7m in total if he does well. Then again we may only have to pay £4m guaranteed and £3m in performance related payments. 

So it's not simple and clear at all, unless of course you know how the deal is structured?

• Like 1

• Backroom

Sorry guys, no 11 o clocker from me tonight...

As I said earlier though, Assombalonga is still on and he is the number 1 target. Very much doubt we are getting both now as Boro want Gallagher too supposedly so could be a case of them having Gally and we have BA. 

Interesting couple of days ahead. 

• Like 4

Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

I’m new on here so just wondering what an 11 o’clocker is?

Many years ago now, Nicko as he was called (Allan Nixon) had great contacts with the club and any news he got, particularly regarding transfer news, he would report at 11-00pm. We all would wait for the 11 o’clocker with anticipation.

However Nixon lost his contacts and has since turned against the club but some, particularly Chaddy still take what he says as gospel.

Now wait for Chaddy:

Just now, Madon said:

As I said earlier though, Assombalonga is still on and he is the number 1 target. Very much doubt we are getting both now as Boro want Gallagher too supposedly so could be a case of them having Gally and we have BA. 

Would Assombalonga be a permanent buy or a loan?

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Many years ago now, Nicko as he was called (Allan Nixon) had great contacts with the club and any news he got, particularly regarding transfer news, he would report at 11-00pm. We all would wait for the 11 o’clocker with anticipation.

However Nixon lost his contacts and has since turned against the club but some, particularly Chaddy still take what he says as gospel.

Now wait for Chaddy:

Cheers for that.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Would Assombalonga be a permanent buy or a loan?

Sorry, no idea... just know 100% Waggott has been in talks regarding the move for the past few days. Came back today. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

I’m new on here so just wondering what an 11 o’clocker is?

Most newspapers release stories online for the next days paper at 11pm. We used to have Alan Nixon (the journo) who contributed on here many seasons ago, he used to provide news stories in relation to Rovers at 11pm.

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't know Waggott did requests. 

6 minutes ago, Madon said:

Stop it.

Your causing a thrush epidemic.

I'm starting to think your sponsored by kleenex

• Like 1