Sign in to follow this  
arbitro

Championship season 2019-20

8 hours ago, Butty said:

That’s how you do it 👍🏻 Wouldn’t have said no too any of these signings. 

27C4CBDE-F78F-4C83-AE8E-09149010284F.png

Was just going to post similar. Shows organisation and planning after an indifferent season AND it didn't cost them the earth either. Powell in particular is a coup imo. Shows how lagging behind we are in this area. 

Stoke fans think they are a ‘mess of a club’. Nope, just an average sized one that succumbed to a relegation, it happens. 

They are a properly run club, with decision makers on the ground.

9 hours ago, roverandout said:

Great to see an English manager in charge of a champions League club..what's the problem?

There isn't one, it's just that I (and I imagine I'm not alone) are remarking that he's considerably less experienced than most of his predecessors....

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Was just going to post similar. Shows organisation and planning after an indifferent season AND it didn't cost them the earth either. Powell in particular is a coup imo. Shows how lagging behind we are in this area. 

The problem with Powell , is he misses a lot of games ..

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

There isn't one, it's just that I (and I imagine I'm not alone) are remarking that he's considerably less experienced than most of his predecessors....

Never mind experience!

This is a man who amazingly took a team who finished sixth, added a wealth of talented youngsters from his connections in the game, added Marriott for 5m, Waghorn for 7m... was hyped up to hell and got them to finish...

Sixth.

Good luck Chelsea.

(not)

Edited by S8 & Blue

11 hours ago, Butty said:

That’s how you do it 👍🏻 Wouldn’t have said no too any of these signings. 

27C4CBDE-F78F-4C83-AE8E-09149010284F.png

Also set too sign Stephen Ward, left back who’s been released by Burnley. Good blend of young potential and experience they have signed. I’ve seen some say they aren’t impressed but I personally wouldn’t have turned down any of these lads. 

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Also set too sign Stephen Ward, left back who’s been released by Burnley. Good blend of young potential and experience they have signed. I’ve seen some say they aren’t impressed but I personally wouldn’t have turned down any of these lads. 

Personally would only have had Lindsay out of them all. Powell possibly, at a stretch.

Would've liked Lee Gregory as a younger back up to Graham too to be fair, but probably not on the wages that Stoke will be paying him.

Looks like a good bit of business, but I suppose it's fairly to be blowing teams out of the water for wages when they still have parachute payments. Shame we mainly squandered ours. 

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Personally would only have had Lindsay out of them all. Powell possibly, at a stretch.

You wouldn’t have taken Stephen Ward as a backup too Bell? I personally feel we need a new starting left back but if we haven’t got the budget then Ward would have been an able deputy for Bell. Lee Gregory also, better than Samuel Nuttall and Brereton. Plus you’d definitely take a fully fit Powell, and like you said Liam Lindsay is a good signing. We wouldn’t have been able too offer the wages Stoke have probably paid them but people saying they wouldn’t take any of them here I don’t buy at all.. Be interesting to compare our business with theirs at the end of the summer. 

Edited by Butty

I would be very disappointed if we had signed those five players that Stoke have just signed; they are mid table championship players. I think they've gone down the hard working, championship players route but they aren't going to get them near the top 6. However, our lack of transfer activity, and the lack of activity generally, doesn't give us much to benchmark against.  

9 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Never mind experience!

This is a man who amazingly took a team who finished sixth, added a wealth of talented youngsters from his connections in the game, added Marriott for 5m, Waghorn for 7m... was hyped up to hell and got them to finish...

Sixth.

Good luck Chelsea.

(not)

You forgot to add in they had a bucket load of talent there as well as all the additions that he brought in. Very overrated. (I agree with your post btw just think he was even less impressive given he inherited a heap of good players too...)

Edited by Blue blood

7 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I would be very disappointed if we had signed those five players that Stoke have just signed; they are mid table championship players. I think they've gone down the hard working, championship players route but they aren't going to get them near the top 6. However, our lack of transfer activity, and the lack of activity generally, doesn't give us much to benchmark against.  

So you’re expecting us too bring in players who are better than “mid table championship” quality? F**k me you’re going too be seriously pissed off come the end of this window aren’t you 😂