BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

I hope their problems and form are part of the repercussions of the drink driving incident. I also hope they will go down. Sadly think they've too much quality to go down. 

Incidentally they have always underachieved in their latest championship stint. So many quality players and no promotion after 3 or 4 years shows they are a joke of a club. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This project was mention in the summer when Cocu came in and Morris the Derby owner has backed him everytime

I can't see them sacking him until Rooney has been in team for a while. They have pinned so many hopes on him. If he's underwhelming then that's surely going to be it for Cocu.

8 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

I can't see them sacking him until Rooney has been in team for a while. They have pinned so many hopes on him. If he's underwhelming then that's surely going to be it for Cocu.

from what I've read and listen to Cocu is changing the club philosophy from first team to under 8's football. So Derby seems to have taken the long term approach with him.

I'm not sure this is totally right but the owner is backing him. Didn't think they would be the same team with Mount and Wilson. Dowell hasn't been good enough 

This is an unpopular fact, but a fact nonetheless. Keano is the only manager that's ever had us in a decent position in this league.

Let that sink in. It just goes to show what a shower we've had at every level of the club for years and years.

Nothing is going to change, as last night's expected bottle out further confirmed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DE. said:

Stoke now out of the bottom three and I suspect the current residents of the relegation zone will be the ones to go down, although Barnsley are looking better under their new boss. 

Your probably right but the thing about the champ this season, I don’t think any of them are horrific teams and all capable of going on a run. All will probably feel a little hard done by being in the bottom 3. Put it this way, I wouldn’t feel confident of us beating any of them 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2019 at 21:40, DE. said:

Stoke now out of the bottom three and I suspect the current residents of the relegation zone will be the ones to go down, although Barnsley are looking better under their new boss. 

Agree BUT it's very hard to predict! For all their upturn in fortune Huddersfield are only a couple of points out of the danger zone and still losing a fair few games. Don't rate Woodgate or Bowen as managers and that could be a big factor in the final outcome. Neither team are that far off the relegation zone either. Charon despite a recent win have a terrible record of late too. Whilst I think the bottom 3 will stay there I think none of the clubs mentioned will be feeling very comfortable and could go down. 

Add in Luton are picking up the odd win and it is rather exciting and open at the bottom as well as for the playoffs.  

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Your probably right but the thing about the champ this season, I don’t think any of them are horrific teams and all capable of going on a run. All will probably feel a little hard done by being in the bottom 3. Put it this way, I wouldn’t feel confident of us beating any of them 

Just now, Blue blood said:

Agree BUT it's very hard to predict! For all their upturn in fortune Huddersfield are only a couple of points out of the danger zone and still losing a fair few games. Don't rate Woodgate or Bowen as managers and that could be a big factor in the final outcome. Neither team are that far off the relegation zone either. Charon despite a recent win have a terrible record of late too. Whilst I think the bottom 3 will stay there I think none of the clubs mentioned will be feeling very comfortable and could go down. 

Add in Luton are picking up the odd win and it is rather exciting and open at the bottom as well as for the playoffs.  

Agreed it's far from concluded, just my gut feeling that the current three are really going to struggle to get out of it. I don't think Luton and Barnsley quite have the quality needed to survive, although they both have enough endeavour that they could still catch an underperforming team above them with a bit of luck. Wigan's away record is so utterly poor that they are facing a serious task to stay up imo. A lot of people seemed to be impressed with them after their draw with us, but I was just left feeling that if they couldn't beat us when we were that bad then good luck for the rest of the season as there won't be many teams putting in a more insipid performance than Rovers during that dire 0-0. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Agreed it's far from concluded, just my gut feeling that the current three are really going to struggle to get out of it. I don't think Luton and Barnsley quite have the quality needed to survive, although they both have enough endeavour that they could still catch an underperforming team above them with a bit of luck. Wigan's away record is so utterly poor that they are facing a serious task to stay up imo. A lot of people seemed to be impressed with them after their draw with us, but I was just left feeling that if they couldn't beat us when we were that bad then good luck for the rest of the season as there won't be many teams putting in a more insipid performance than Rovers during that dire 0-0. 

My gut says the same. But both Luton and Barnsley eeked out draws Vs good quality opposition at the weekend, although Luton will be disappointed not to pick up all 3 points. Both have a win in the last couple of games too. With them adding points to the board it means that any team that goes on a bad run - and we've shown even with our quality it's very possible - will find themselves overtaken. Perhaps though - my gut says - Wigan and Luton not capitalising on winning positions this weekend may be highly significant in the run in. If those teams had 2 extra points it would be wide open. 

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

My gut says the same. But both Luton and Barnsley eeked out draws Vs good quality opposition at the weekend, although Luton will be disappointed not to pick up all 3 points. Both have a win in the last couple of games too. With them adding points to the board it means that any team that goes on a bad run - and we've shown even with our quality it's very possible - will find themselves overtaken. Perhaps though - my gut says - Wigan and Luton not capitalising on winning positions this weekend may be highly significant in the run in. If those teams had 2 extra points it would be wide open. 

Luton lost 7-0 to Brentford 2 games back

I watched it this morning and what struck me was I couldn't imagine us beating someone by that much. Mowbray would probably tell the lads to be good humans and go easy on the opposition 2nd half!

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Luton lost 7-0 to Brentford 2 games back

I watched it this morning and what struck me was I couldn't imagine us beating someone by that much. Mowbray would probably tell the lads to be good humans and go easy on the opposition 2nd half!

Agreed. We lack ruthlessness. 

I think Luton and Barnsley's problem is defending. Someone on here said Barnsley has scored 2 goals in a number of matches and not won, whilst Luton scored 3 Vs Fulham and didn't win on top of the 7-0 mauling. Given our time under Coyle too it seems that most teams can score in this division, the challenge is keeping them out and that's what separates the good teams from the rest. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stonesrick said:

Interesting that no one appears to have mentioned Raya’s major blunder on Boxing Day. OK, they were 3 up at the time but if Walton had committed such a blooper, I’m sure he would get sheds load of criticism on here.

And Walton seems to be settling in well as far as I'm concerned 

• Like 3