GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It would take some folk longer to get from Blackburn to Manchester Centre to work in a morning, especially if relying on trains and buses, than it does to get from Brockhall to Middlesbrough in a car. 

I don't really see what relevance it has where Mowbray's family are living. He's not exactly old by managerial standards at 56 and surely working in West Brom, Coventry and Glasgow were all more difficult for him. In the scheme of things driving up to Teesside from the Ribble Valley is a lovely and not exactly taxing journey to do 3-4 times a week when on his sort of salary.

You are joking!

Done the north east run countless times over the years.  Even when quiet, rarely made Stockton and Durham in much less than 2 hours or Newcastle in much less than 2.5 hours and I'm a bit further on than Brockhall.

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you still believe that the arrival of Waggott had nothing to do with Mowbray then good for you. I wasn't born yesterday and don't believe in coincidences of that level. Prior to that we had no CEO, so of course it was a step forward of sorts to bring one in. But it is quite clear these owners felt there was no need for one prior to getting to know Mowbray.

What do these owners know about sacking or appointing managers? Why would they make such a decision and not entrust it to their well paid CEO?

So nothing to back it up then? 

I'm sure Waggott would be involve in these decisions but the ultimate decision stay with them. It's their way they made business decisions

Just now, Mercer said:

You are joking!

Done the north east run countless times over the years.  Even when quiet, rarely made Stockton and Durham in much less than 2 hours or Newcastle in much less than 2.5 hours and I'm a bit further on than Brockhall.

Posh areas of Teeside from Brockhall straight up the A59 and A19 - 1 hour 50 minutes on Google Maps. Get your foot down and push the speed limit and time your journeys right and you could do it in 1 hour 30 or 40. 

Stockton and Durham way further on than where Mowbray lives which i recall is somewhere this side of Middlesbrough.

Either way it is a pleasant drive through nice countryside avoiding motorways. 

If i were my own boss on Mowbray's sort of salary with the added benefit of a place in Brockhall thrown in for added convenience I think the Rovers job is just about as good as he could ask for other than Middlesbrough and perhaps Leeds.

If i had to be in Middlesbrough for 9am for work from home in Ossy I reckon i could get there in less time in my car than i could to Manchester for 9am on the train. 

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Posh areas of Teeside from Brockhall straight up the A59 and A19 - 1 hour 50 minutes on Google Maps. Get your foot down and push the speed limit and time your journeys right and you could do it in 1 hour 30 or 40. 

Stockton and Durham way further on than where Mowbray lives which i recall is somewhere this side of Middlesbrough.

Either way it is a pleasant drive through nice countryside avoiding motorways. 

If i were my own boss on Mowbray's sort of salary with the added benefit of a place in Brockhall thrown in for added convenience I think the Rovers job is just about as good as he could ask for other than Middlesbrough and perhaps Leeds.

If i had to be in Middlesbrough for 9am for work from home in Ossy I reckon i could get there in less time in my car than i could to Manchester for 9am on the train. 

A59 to Harrogate is a killer time timewise and slow moving traffic, where you can't get past, adds many minutes.  Harrogate is also problematical.  Can come off before Harrogate and initially head for Killinghall but doesn't save much.  Stockton and Middlesbrough are roughly same distance in miles - Durham about 15 extra miles but different road than Middlesbrough road.  Tried all different types of routes / rat runs etc but very, very rarely have I had a 'clean run'.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

As I said, he will walk before he’s pushed.

Why would anyone walk away with nothing when he can get sacked with his money paid up?  He must be on at least 750k pa

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why would anyone walk away with nothing when he can get sacked with his money paid up?  He must be on at least 750k pa

Kean was only on 1 million pounds as manager when he was here when we was in premier league club. But dropped to 600k per year when we dropped from Premier league to Championship season 2012/13 season. 

Here Is Nick Harris article on Kean's contract from October 2012

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html

I would say in my opinion Mowbray is on 600k basic plus bonuses. Leeds manager Bielsa is 6 million pounds per season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kean was only on 1 million pounds as manager when he was here when we was in premier league club

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html

I would say in my opinion Mowbray is on 600k basic plus bonuses. Leeds manager Bielsa is 6 million pounds per season. 

Ok, but he'd still be a mad man to walk away from it.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Ok, but he'd still be a mad man to walk away from it.

Did he not walk away from Coventry without a pay off? 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kean was only on 1 million pounds as manager when he was here when we was in premier league club. But dropped to 600k per year when we dropped from Premier league to Championship season 2012/13 season. 

Mowbrays wage is a total guess but I suppose that proves that you get what you pay for!

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays wage is a total guess but I suppose that proves that you get what you pay for!

That's why I said in my opinion. Tho I don't think I'm far off tbh. 

We are never going to offering millions in wages to attract managers like Bilic or Bielsa..

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did he not walk away from Coventry without a pay off? 

He probably realised it would harm the club if he chased his pay off.  Venkys can afford it so I expect it's a sacking or he stays

12 hours ago, Swanson said:

Surprised how little discussion there has been of this one. Keeper is our number one priority as far as I'm concerned, and Bialkowski has been mentioned a few times on here as a good un.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Surprised how little discussion there has been of this one. Keeper is our number one priority as far as I'm concerned, and Bialkowski has been mentioned a few times on here as a good un.

Take him in a heartbeat 

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don’t think he’ll walk. My point was that he’s more likely to walk than get sacked.

The only way Mowbray walks is if the fans turn.

That’s where we are now.

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He probably realised it would harm the club if he chased his pay off.  Venkys can afford it so I expect it's a sacking or he stays

You don’t know him then. The money is of no relevance to Tony. 40 years in the game on good money, living a simple life. More importantly, one of the most honourable men you will ever meet.

If HE feels his race is run, he’ll walk. 

Just now, Stuart said:

The only way Mowbray walks is if the fans turn.

That’s where we are now.

Yes, that would probably do the trick.

They started to turn against Barnsley as we were slipping towards the relegation zone. We then went on a mini charge and it dissipated.

As long as we are ‘3/4/5/6/7 points from the play offs‘ and not in much danger of going down I don’t foresee the Ewood crowd turning again.

Looks like we are getting 20 year old George Tanner from Man Utd as first signing, fullback on loan at Morecambe.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Looks like we are getting 20 year old George Tanner from Man Utd as first signing, fullback on loan at Morecambe.

He has done well at Morecombe, his contract with United expires at the end of the season so we should be able to pick him up for a nominal fee.  If we do sign him I can see him being loaned out again until the end of the season.  

Hell of a lot of absolute guff in the topic which isn't even transfer related.

So, on topic Bialkowski has been linked although the source doesn't sound stonewall. Think we would all welcome him even though he's a more 'mature' gentleman. 

A few people linked us with Billy Sharpe yesterday as it sounded like he's going to be available but reading today he'd rather stay and fight for his place than step back down to the championship.

Few whispers about the young German chap but haven't heard much else.

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Left or right ?

34 minutes ago, neophox said:

Another U23 signing

Any first teamers linked?