Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
philipl

Luton Town home

Recommended Posts

Another great pportunity to get 3 points. Wehave the chance to keep wining as consolidating our high level amd great momentum is a doable rival we have several chances but we can't underestimate then...

If Rovers use Armstrong since minute one and Brandley Johnson we won't any problem...about Holtby well i will use him in one of the halfs but not 90 minutes yet...

I'm specting a 3-0 for Rovers but a victory whatever the score could be would be great fair and necessary.

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#COYBBR 

#RoversForTheTop

#TheMexicanRover 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't trade a run of 1-0 wins now for any sort of spectacular scoreline on Saturday but..

Luton conceded 2 very late goals on Saturday and another late one in their 4-0 home defeat last night.

I hope Mowbray has alerted our lot and is thinking about appropriate subs as Luton seem to tire and there could be a cheap goal or two to add to our goal difference late on on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But aren't those two both better suited to playing on the right side of central defence whereas Williams provides balance by being suited to the left side ? 

I agree. Having balance in there is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those games, last season we'd have drawn this game, 0-0 or 1-1. It'll be a true test this year to see if we've improved on that. Luton shambolic in their last game, but as Manchester City showed against Watford, that can't always be a good thing for the upcoming opposition. I'm going 1-0 here, expecting a game similar to Boro and Cardiff, where we'll struggle to break them down.

Bradley Johnson to grab it in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you have to laugh at everyone thinking we're just going to turn up and blow them away.

If they get in front it could be a long, dull afternoon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Samuel coming back as well we have a strong attacking force to choose from. At least 6-7 forwards/attacking midfielders that can score or create goals. Its really all up to TM to find a formation that gets us the goals. If he does, then we can indeed smash sides like Luton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the kind of game which we always seem to lose, just as momentum is building. So I think it’s a pretty large test for us, when the pressure is on us to win the game comfortably. No easy game in this league tho.

Dont think we need two holding midfield players in this game as we’re most likely going to have a lot of the ball, although I love travis would play Holtby ahead of him in there with Johnson. Just gives us abit more quality on the ball aswel as experience. Would also give downing a rest, because reckon forest will be a pretty tough game which we will at least need to get something out of. Reckon it’ll be a good game to bring Rothwell in. Abit of hype is building but a loss will take us right back again, so fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup we often get a bit of a nosebleed when we have a chance of creeping into the playoff positions in this division. Really hope this is not the case this time. We have some older more experienced heads this time around, so hopefully they can help us to push on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope young Travis does not lose his place to Holtby as he has been playing well alongside Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rossyrover said:

Hope young Travis does not lose his place to Holtby as he has been playing well alongside Johnson.

Someone is going to miss out. The player Mowbray bought or the U23 graduate who “is only a young kid really” and “still has lots of years ahead of him” and “needs to be patient”?

Holtby looks a good player but I’d rather we had brought in someone of similar pedigree in attack or full back. We now have a headache to rotate the midfield.

I guess we will see but I don’t think Connor Mahoney will look back with much regret about leaving. Just hope Travis doesn’t end up following him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Someone is going to miss out. The player Mowbray bought or the U23 graduate who “is only a young kid really” and “still has lots of years ahead of him” and “needs to be patient”?

Holtby looks a good player but I’d rather we had brought in someone of similar pedigree in attack or full back. We now have a headache to rotate the midfield.

I guess we will see but I don’t think Connor Mahoney will look back with much regret about leaving. Just hope Travis doesn’t end up following him.

I don't understand what you are saying about Mahoney. He got the majority of his first team opportunities with us from Tony Mowbray but refused to renew his contract and then moved to a Premier League club where he never played - but presumably was better paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boroblue said:

Mahoney is playing for Millwall. That is right isn’t it?

Yes.

I think he will go on to be a decent player at this level, but I can honestly say I haven't given Mahoney a second thought since he left.

I don't think he had a touch when we played them the other week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone thinking that Luton will be a bit leggy.. the bbc match report had them making 10 changes for the midweek cup game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
17 hours ago, TruRover said:

This is the kind of game which we always seem to lose, just as momentum is building. So I think it’s a pretty large test for us, when the pressure is on us to win the game comfortably. No easy game in this league tho.

Dont think we need two holding midfield players in this game as we’re most likely going to have a lot of the ball, although I love travis would play Holtby ahead of him in there with Johnson. Just gives us abit more quality on the ball aswel as experience. Would also give downing a rest, because reckon forest will be a pretty tough game which we will at least need to get something out of. Reckon it’ll be a good game to bring Rothwell in. Abit of hype is building but a loss will take us right back again, so fingers crossed. 

Not so sure about needing the two holding mids.  Luton score plenty goals, granted they concede plenty as well.

I would start with the two and change it in second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Anyone thinking that Luton will be a bit leggy.. the bbc match report had them making 10 changes for the midweek cup game.

This will help, Luton's players haven't played since their defeat to Cardiff, and they really were bad, and they've had no midweek game to make up for it. If we score early on I think it'll be game over, if we've not nabbed one by 65/70, I'd have money on 0-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Johnson's name is all over Twitter being linked to this.

IF he’s involved then bloody good job we got the Holtby deal though! WTF were these lads doing on the p*** in a big way a couple of days before the weekend matches?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't understand what you are saying about Mahoney. He got the majority of his first team opportunities with us from Tony Mowbray but refused to renew his contract and then moved to a Premier League club where he never played - but presumably was better paid.

Yeah, it’s a tough one to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't understand what you are saying about Mahoney. He got the majority of his first team opportunities with us from Tony Mowbray but refused to renew his contract and then moved to a Premier League club where he never played - but presumably was better paid.

100% - And since then he has been passed from pillar to post around lower championship clubs and currently plays for Millwall! 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

100% - And since then he has been passed from pillar to post around lower championship clubs and currently plays for Millwall! 🤣🤣

But snobby. They are at the same level as us. But the operative word is in bold, which is more than Chapman and others do for Rovers.

Some folk seem to like pretending that Mowbray promotes youth team players ahead of his own signings. Only a small percentage of our own get in and when they do he highlights their failings in public and then drops them or let’s them go.

Like I said, Mahoney will not look back at Rovers and wish he was on the bench here instead of on the pitch at Millwall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.