Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeH

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

Recommended Posts

Certainly excited about this game, what a win would do for us at a good time of the season.

Come on Rovers, lets have a victory, confidence must be at a decent level.

Sir Bradley to score, 1-0 Rovers.

COYB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite surprised, but happy at the team news, especially after we took an extended squad down. In fairness I wouldn't have been completely against a few changes tonight.

If they're staying down there till the weekend a bit of light training tomorrow and match prep on Friday shouldn't be too strenuous! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprising stat on BBC footballs review of this match. In the first 15 minutes of matches we have a league high of 6 goals and only conceded 1 bettered only by Leeds 0.  It's the other 75 minutes we need to work on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good on ya, ToMo. The only game that matters is the one in front of us. I don’t think it’s ever paid off when Rovers have tried to be clever and rest players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gone for Rovers' win tonight (12/5) by 3 goals to 1 (30/1).

We are on a roll, confidence and momentum are everything in this league.

Is this the start of something big or a false dawn - down to Venky's and Mowbray (who I think bottled it last season when we were in a similar position / run of form). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

LADS my sky box is down what ways can I watch? I player?

Can he not log onto his sky go on laptop/phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like the penny may have finally well and truly dropped.  It's only taken how many years.  Hope he has his scarf tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mercer said:

Gone for Rovers' win tonight (12/5) by 3 goals to 1 (30/1).

We are on a roll, confidence and momentum are everything in this league.

Is this the start of something big or a false dawn - down to Venky's and Mowbray (who I think bottled it last season when we were in a similar position / run of form). 

Your'e funny.  Funny hah hah not funny weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OnePhilT said:

Well I was completely wrong about expecting changes 😄 This is difficult to get used to. Four games in a row unchanged? Might that be a first for Mogga?

It is indeed. We have played the same line up on three occasions before but this is the first time ever we have kept it the same for four games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

Watching the lads walk towards a fixed camera along the touchline gave a great sense of respective heights. Walton, Tosin, Gallagher and Brereton heads were missing from view! Don't realise how little Dack is either until seeing a camera angle like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

TBH, I don't know what Swansea fans want or expect after their financial cutbacks there. 

Their model is bringing through youth players and finding gems. 

Yes they have 2 strikers on huge wages and yes they paid huge fees for either but nowhere worth that now. 

Swansea made huge cutbacks there in the summer as I told you before

They released a couple of high earning non contributing players which makes no difference to the difficulty of the job. They lost 2 key players but luckily for Cooper he had 2 highly paid replacements already there with proven calibre. To suggest that their fans should be "overjoyed" by the appointment of Cooper (who from the outside seems to be doing ok, nothing spectacular, nothing overly worrying) seems a little patronising and over the top IMO.

Happy about the team selection tonight anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, philipl said:

Watching the lads walk towards a fixed camera along the touchline gave a great sense of respective heights. Walton, Tosin, Gallagher and Brereton heads were missing from view! Don't realise how little Dack is either until seeing a camera angle like that.

Aye.. we don't net many headers with our forward options..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

They released a couple of high earning non contributing players which makes no difference to the difficulty of the job. They lost 2 key players but luckily for Cooper he had 2 highly paid replacements already there with proven calibre. To suggest that their fans should be "overjoyed" by the appointment of Cooper (who from the outside seems to be doing ok, nothing spectacular, nothing overly worrying) seems a little patronising and over the top IMO.

Happy about the team selection tonight anyway. 

They sold 3 players for combined 35 mil plus wages. 

Plus released Fer, Olsson, Bony, plus loan of Montero. 

Saving of over 250k in wages. 

Swansea are rebuilding their club with young players, cheap and loan players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They sold 3 players for combined 35 mil plus wages. 

Plus released Fer, Olsson, Bony, plus loan of Montero. 

Saving of over 250k in wages. 

Swansea are rebuilding their club with young players, cheap and loan players. 

Most of them players were not contributing so arent missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.